Albania vs France (Match Thread)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

For the match I really hope Reja really considers not playing with two strikers which is by far our worst position, or atleast avoid paring up Balaj and Cikaleshi who are both useless. We'll be essentially playing with 9 men if he does that Balaj - Cika pairing again. It's a shame Sadiku is not with the NT while guys like Balaj and Cika still get call ups.

I hope we see this:

------------------Uzuini-Manaj
--------------------------Bare
-----------------Gjasula-Abrashi
Lenjani-Kumbulla-Gym-Ismajli-Hysaj
------------------------Strakosha

Manaj can't score either but atleast he's a little pitbull. Uzuini may be a headless chicken but atleast he's a workhorse and has good pace. Abrashi and Bare have high workrates. Point is this team is going to need to defend with 11 men if they want to get a point. Useless footballers like Balaj and Cika provide no value.

But I'm pretty sure Reja is gonna get "smart" and insert Ramadani, Balaj and Cika in the lineup. We'll proceed to lose 4-0.
Princ

artan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:33 pm
Princ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:14 pm Doesn’t call up kace but has ramadani memushaj mavraj dermaku on the list!? Wtf is happening, every single coach doesn’t not respect kace, or maybe there is something further that we don’t know about.. boy should have picked greece back in the day no doubt, this is extremely aggravating
Kace shouldn't be called up, he's done nothing as a player and doesn't bring anything to the NT. Don't buy into the myth that he's a Xavi lite, this guy is a fringe starter in Greece who just transferred to a mid table team in Greece. He's just not good enough. Ramadani and Qose aren't good enough as well.
No way! Kace is our most talented player.. No one else is even close
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Kace is talented but he is not hardworking and his physique doesn’t help at all. His career is a reflection of him, we had so high hopes on him but come on keep touch with reality he has failed to make the big step becoming an important player for us or any of the clubs he has been playing...
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:44 pmBut I'm pretty sure Reja is gonna get "smart" and insert Ramadani, Balaj and Cika in the lineup. We'll proceed to lose 4-0.
Don't be so pessimistic, we'll only lose 2-0. For my sake I'm hoping France doesn't score until the very last few minutes like in the Euro group match.
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:00 pm Kace is talented but he is not hardworking and his physique doesn’t help at all. His career is a reflection of him, we had so high hopes on him but come on keep touch with reality he has failed to make the big step becoming an important player for us or any of the clubs he has been playing...
I never understood this Kace love from some of our fanbase. I think he's been pretty terrible for us.
artan

Kace's main downfall is that he's like 5'4. At that height you have to be really talented because you'd need midfielders to cover your ass and Kace isn't talented enough for teams to build around him. You can put him further up the pitch but he doesn't have the skillset to be an attacking midfielder.
Plako

artan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:05 am Kace's main downfall is that he's like 5'4. At that height you have to be really talented because you'd need midfielders to cover your ass and Kace isn't talented enough for teams to build around him. You can put him further up the pitch but he doesn't have the skillset to be an attacking midfielder.
I see France has a ton of injuries but we suck so much that I still expect the usual 2-0 loss. It sucks that I'll have to be witness this shitshow in person :)

Anyone going to the England - Kosovo game?
Princ

artan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:05 am Kace's main downfall is that he's like 5'4. At that height you have to be really talented because you'd need midfielders to cover your ass and Kace isn't talented enough for teams to build around him. You can put him further up the pitch but he doesn't have the skillset to be an attacking midfielder.
His height and physique is obviously an issue but we cannot ignore the fact that he’s our only creative midfielder, and with other tall players around him we can work despite his limitations..

Strakosha
Hysaj djimsiti ismajli veseli
Gjasula kace abrashi/xhaka
Grezda cika roshi

This lineup would be our only hope at any offensive success..don’t forget that kace was the man who beat France for us and played a hell of a match against them together with basha who has left now, that’s why I put gjasula in bashas spot let’s see if he’s any good in the upcoming matches.. we need to do away with the 5-3-2 bullshit and go back to the 4-5-1 our bread and butter
Plako

Princ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:42 am
His height and physique is obviously an issue but we cannot ignore the fact that he’s our only creative midfielder, and with other tall players around him we can work despite his limitations..

Strakosha
Hysaj djimsiti ismajli veseli
Gjasula kace abrashi/xhaka
Grezda cika roshi

This lineup would be our only hope at any offensive success..don’t forget that kace was the man who beat France for us and played a hell of a match against them together with basha who has left now, that’s why I put gjasula in bashas spot let’s see if he’s any good in the upcoming matches.. we need to do away with the 5-3-2 bullshit and go back to the 4-5-1 our bread and butter
Grezda was left out.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Seems De Biasi is back by the possible lineup :)

Strakosha

Ismaili-Mavraj-Djimsiti
Hysaj-gjasula-Xhaka-Lenjani
Uzuni-Cikalleshi-Memushaj
  • Information