Albania vs France (Match Thread)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

I can't remember 1 time when 5 in the back was successful for Albania.You need attacking minded fullbacks to play this.
artan

Having Mavraj in the back will be a disaster. I love the guy but he’s done as a starter and him and gym are just too slow. Play the young kid Kumbulla who seems to be a destroyer.

I hope gjasula gets a shot because apparently he’s big and strong. We haven’t had a good holding midfielder since Kukeli declined rapidly.
Dallku

From what I've seen of Kumbulla he's a typical traditional CB. Slow, not good with the ball on his feet, tall. Kinda similar to Ardian Ismajli.

Mavraj is slow but at least he's experienced/smarter and ok on the ball. I'm guessing he has fallen a lot physically which might be an issue but honestly he's the least of our problems.

Bekim Balaj has been the biggest cancer for years but nobody except me is noticing.
Plako
Team: Partizani

France has a ton of injuries yet we're going to get battered this game.
artan

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:02 pm From what I've seen of Kumbulla he's a typical traditional CB. Slow, not good with the ball on his feet, tall. Kinda similar to Ardian Ismajli.

Mavraj is slow but at least he's experienced/smarter and ok on the ball. I'm guessing he has fallen a lot physically which might be an issue but honestly he's the least of our problems.

Bekim Balaj has been the biggest cancer for years but nobody except me is noticing.
I like Mavraj alot, as a player and a person. I think he may very well be the best CB to play for Albania or atleast that stretch from 2014-2016 where he was the Albanian Maldini.

But he's done as being a starter for Albania. For the past two years our backline has been atrocious and he's been constantly poor. He doesn't have that same calming influence on the ball like he used to be and he always gets caught in bad position, and he's so slow footed which makes it bad. Kumbulla may be slow (I honestly doubt he's "slow") but he's not Mavraj slow, Mavraj is simply a statue. And it's even worst when you have another slow footed giant out that in Gymcity. I just want to see what this kid can provide. If we can start players like Ramadani, Balaj, Binaku, Cikaleshi, etc, who are playing for random teams in Europe we can give a start to Kumbulla.

But you're right I'd rather have Balaj on the bench if it means Mavraj starting. Balaj can only score from headers from point blank. He's not even a goal poacher because he can't finish one on one chances with the keeper. We are playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch and a Balaj/Cikaleshi pairing is even more suicidal. The media has this real weird fascination with Balaj.
Princ

Mavrajs past it, a great player for us in his day but now if he had any honor he’d step away like basha did..both him and balaj should be kept as far away from the nt as possible
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Balaj wouldn't make the team for Kazakhstan lmao.
Why is he even near the pitch, just play Manaj at least
Plako
Team: Partizani

Trying to choose between Manaj/Balaj/Cika as to who should start is like trying to pick which STD you wanna get.

Anyways 2-0 France on Saturday and 0-2 Iceland on Tuesday.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Where is Sadiku and Kace? Our two best attackers..... I guess we can bunker against France and have Balaj get a volley again idk.
  • Information