Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 am If Kumbulla was playing this’d be a different game. 1st goal that sets the tone was a Veseli f*** up. You can’t have a weak link like that in a bunker defence.

Unfortunately for us, one injury can ruin our team because we don’t have the depth.
Highly doubt the final score changes with Kumbulla in the lineup. We would have conceded two goals in the second half.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:52 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 am If Kumbulla was playing this’d be a different game. 1st goal that sets the tone was a Veseli f*** up. You can’t have a weak link like that in a bunker defence.

Unfortunately for us, one injury can ruin our team because we don’t have the depth.
Highly doubt the final score changes with Kumbulla in the lineup. We would have conceded two goals in the second half.
Pointless to speculate because no one can predict a final score but a backline of Kumbulla/Djimsiti/Ismaili/Hysaj is good enough to get a draw at home. You take Kumbulla out and you stand 0 chance.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 pm
artan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:55 pm It’s hard to play 90 minutes parking the bus when you have borderline amateur players in the lineup. It just takes one quick blunder for it to be squandered. Expecting someone like Veseli to be pinned back deep for 90 minutes against England is playing with fire. You can get away with this with professional players like if Kumbulla was playing and let’s say we had a competent defensive midfielder inserted.

My whole complaint about Reja has been this team lacks identity. It just seems like the identity is to sit back defensively and offensively do long balls or rugby style play.
So what's your suggestion? To build from the back and play TIKI-TAKA with Qazim Laçi and Gjasula? If we played with one player more on midfield we could been even more compact defensively, that's my only regret about this game. Broja and Cikaleshi were terrible from start to the end. It is unforgivable for 19 year old to play as "pidh i bukur". If he keeps losing players as he did tonight on England set pieces i don't think he will be able to play professional football for long time.

Nuk eshte pune trajneri dhe sistemi, te gjithe kemi deshire te zhvillojme futboll spektakolar dhe te ju fshehim topin kundershtareve por thjesht eshte nje enderr e bukur sepse nuk kemi mundesi teknike me zhvillu futboll te tille me grupin e futbollisteve qe kemi. Ata lloj trajnerash jane te paket ne qarkullim dhe thjesht as nuk kemi leke e as ato nuk e kan deshiren ato te drejtojn nje kombetare si Shqiperia. Nese eksperimentojm dhe tentojm te zhvillojm futboll te tille mund te shkermoqemi si Moldavia.
I see this team as having no identity and vision. Reja tries to play a tactically sound and disciplined squad but unfortunately we don't have the capability of playing tactically sound for 90 minutes. We can have stretches were we defend well but then have a blunder out of nowhere, it's impossible for them to defend deep for 90 minutes. This has been the case for years now and we simply can't ask for these guys to play this kind of football. Offensively there is no strategy in place and 3 years later I'm still wondering what Reja is trying to do offensively. We never have pace in the lineup and it just seems like random rugby style of play offensively. I don't put full blame on him because the attacking talent has been pretty awful (good luck trying to score with Manaj, Balaj, Cikaleshi, etc) but I think you have to give us a fighting chance and that seems to be quick counters. This formation/style is awful with counters and is way too compact.

I think the best style will be for them to play a system where they can't think much and one that relies on effort. Playing a constant pressure system and attack with quick counters offensively. Pace in the wings, pitbulls in the midfield and hope our "all-star" backline can hold up.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It seems Reja got burned cause Bajrami couldn’t make it. Going off his interview his entire game plan was going to be “pass it to Bajrami”.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information