Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Albanian Damien wrote:I don't know why people say we're naturally short maybe the Tosks are but us Ghegs are literally same average height and build as the Yugoslavs. All my uncles are Tropojan and are like 6'2-6"3. I'm the short one in my family at 6' :D .
This is a bullshit myth. Edi Rama is like 6-5 and when he goes to Shkoder and northern areas to talk/greet with the people nobody even comes close to his height. Everytime it looks like he's the tallest man in Albania lol.

These Yugoslav produce 6-6 and taller people like it's nothing. By Albanian standards a 6'2-6"3 guy is a giant lmaooo
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Edi Rama visits Shkoder meeting with oldies, woman and kids. Most of them are zadrimor and shkodran qytetar who aren't known to be tall at all :D None of the yugosllavs i know is under 6'3 . Macedonians and Bulgars i've met were normal sized .
Dallku

Average height by positions in basketball(I speak for NBA because i don't know much about Europe bball).

PG = 6-3
SG = 6-6
SF = 6-8
PF = 6-10
C = 6-11+

Now there are plenty of 6/6-3 Albanians so a PG position is possible, HOWEVER, a pg position requires the most skill - Great ball handling, vision, intelligence, etc. It's a hard position.

How many 6-6(and taller) Albanians might be out there?? Just not many. I have never seen one.

Basketball is just not our game.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Malesoret are not really tall. Tropojanet on the other hand are.
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote:Malesoret are not really tall. Tropojanet on the other hand are.
Malesor isn't a well defined term althrough i specifically refer to the ones in Malesi e Madhe :mrgreen:

Tropojanet are quite tall also but the over 6'3 i think are at the same rate as in Malesi e Madhe. Do not include Dukagjin e Shale in Malesi e Madhe , they are in the same club with Puke, Zadrime, Mirdite , normal or quite short.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dallku wrote:
Albanian Damien wrote:I don't know why people say we're naturally short maybe the Tosks are but us Ghegs are literally same average height and build as the Yugoslavs. All my uncles are Tropojan and are like 6'2-6"3. I'm the short one in my family at 6' :D .
This is a bullshit myth. Edi Rama is like 6-5 and when he goes to Shkoder and northern areas to talk/greet with the people nobody even comes close to his height. Everytime it looks like he's the tallest man in Albania lol.

These Yugoslav produce 6-6 and taller people like it's nothing. By Albanian standards a 6'2-6"3 guy is a giant lmaooo
That's because believe it or not, people can move from all over Albania to Shkoder. Just because you live in Shkoder doesn't automatically mean you're Gheg. Like Simboli said also, Edi loves making himself look as tall/towering as possible. Make him stand next to Bekim Balaj(6'2") or Hysaj(6'0") who are both from Shkoder and he doesn't look so gigantic anymore.

People keep talking about height but Drazen Petrovic was 6'5" shorter than Edi F'ing Rama and averaged 20 PPG in the NBA. There's no reason we can't produce a single guard other than our infrastructure for basketball sucks.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

LedZep your logic is flawed. As I said, up to 2 meters you can find plenty of guys. You can cover 1-3 positions with that height. If we had great guards and were struggling to find PF/C, ok then your point would be valid.

But we don't have decent guards to begin with. These are more technical positions. It has nothing to do with height.
Albanian Damien wrote: People keep talking about height but Drazen Petrovic was 6'5" shorter than Edi F'ing Rama and averaged 20 PPG in the NBA. There's no reason we can't produce a single guard other than our infrastructure for basketball sucks.
+1 not just shitty infrastructure, but terrible training as well. these coaches have no clue.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

Hysaj and Balaj are from Malesi e Madhe . Shkoder has a mixed population , some turkish remains and gabels :P Having tall players doesn't mean much. Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia , Montenegro are also good at football and that must mean something. They work with talents .
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: How many 6-6(and taller) Albanians might be out there?? Just not many. I have never seen one.
Mate I live in Canada and I rarely (maybe 1 in 50) see anyone taller than me, and I'm 6"3, let alone guys over 6"6

Wtf do you expect to find people over 6"6 all over the place?

People take almost anyone they can get for Centers. Shaq was legendary and couldn't even shoot for shit. With intense training, almost anyone can become a center, if they have the height.

Where you need a "pool" is places like PG/SG, which are very technical, and highly dependent on natural talent.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

Pullazi has been playing quite well this season in Bergamo. Was the best player in the All Stars of Serie B game last month and most likely will move to Serie A next season.

oHjKVDzdsK0
https://youtu.be/oHjKVDzdsK0
  • Information