Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!
Dallku
Contact:
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Albanian Damien wrote:I don't know why people say we're naturally short maybe the Tosks are but us Ghegs are literally same average height and build as the Yugoslavs. All my uncles are Tropojan and are like 6'2-6"3. I'm the short one in my family at 6' :D .
This is a bullshit myth. Edi Rama is like 6-5 and when he goes to Shkoder and northern areas to talk/greet with the people nobody even comes close to his height. Everytime it looks like he's the tallest man in Albania lol.

These Yugoslav produce 6-6 and taller people like it's nothing. By Albanian standards a 6'2-6"3 guy is a giant lmaooo
Simboli i Diellit
Contact:
Location: Mailand
Team: Der AC Mailand
Posts: 3214
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Edi Rama visits Shkoder meeting with oldies, woman and kids. Most of them are zadrimor and shkodran qytetar who aren't known to be tall at all :D None of the yugosllavs i know is under 6'3 . Macedonians and Bulgars i've met were normal sized .
Dallku
Contact:
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Average height by positions in basketball(I speak for NBA because i don't know much about Europe bball).

PG = 6-3
SG = 6-6
SF = 6-8
PF = 6-10
C = 6-11+

Now there are plenty of 6/6-3 Albanians so a PG position is possible, HOWEVER, a pg position requires the most skill - Great ball handling, vision, intelligence, etc. It's a hard position.

How many 6-6(and taller) Albanians might be out there?? Just not many. I have never seen one.

Basketball is just not our game.
User avatar
Plako
Contact:
Posts: 2367
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 am

Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Malesoret are not really tall. Tropojanet on the other hand are.
Simboli i Diellit
Contact:
Location: Mailand
Team: Der AC Mailand
Posts: 3214
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Plako wrote:Malesoret are not really tall. Tropojanet on the other hand are.
Malesor isn't a well defined term althrough i specifically refer to the ones in Malesi e Madhe :mrgreen:

Image
Tropojanet are quite tall also but the over 6'3 i think are at the same rate as in Malesi e Madhe. Do not include Dukagjin e Shale in Malesi e Madhe , they are in the same club with Puke, Zadrime, Mirdite , normal or quite short.
User avatar
Albanian Damien
Contact:
Team: Kuq E Zi
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Dallku wrote:
Albanian Damien wrote:I don't know why people say we're naturally short maybe the Tosks are but us Ghegs are literally same average height and build as the Yugoslavs. All my uncles are Tropojan and are like 6'2-6"3. I'm the short one in my family at 6' :D .
This is a bullshit myth. Edi Rama is like 6-5 and when he goes to Shkoder and northern areas to talk/greet with the people nobody even comes close to his height. Everytime it looks like he's the tallest man in Albania lol.

These Yugoslav produce 6-6 and taller people like it's nothing. By Albanian standards a 6'2-6"3 guy is a giant lmaooo
That's because believe it or not, people can move from all over Albania to Shkoder. Just because you live in Shkoder doesn't automatically mean you're Gheg. Like Simboli said also, Edi loves making himself look as tall/towering as possible. Make him stand next to Bekim Balaj(6'2") or Hysaj(6'0") who are both from Shkoder and he doesn't look so gigantic anymore.

People keep talking about height but Drazen Petrovic was 6'5" shorter than Edi F'ing Rama and averaged 20 PPG in the NBA. There's no reason we can't produce a single guard other than our infrastructure for basketball sucks.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Contact:
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Posts: 2307
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 pm

LedZep your logic is flawed. As I said, up to 2 meters you can find plenty of guys. You can cover 1-3 positions with that height. If we had great guards and were struggling to find PF/C, ok then your point would be valid.

But we don't have decent guards to begin with. These are more technical positions. It has nothing to do with height.
Albanian Damien wrote: People keep talking about height but Drazen Petrovic was 6'5" shorter than Edi F'ing Rama and averaged 20 PPG in the NBA. There's no reason we can't produce a single guard other than our infrastructure for basketball sucks.
+1 not just shitty infrastructure, but terrible training as well. these coaches have no clue.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
Simboli i Diellit
Contact:
Location: Mailand
Team: Der AC Mailand
Posts: 3214
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Hysaj and Balaj are from Malesi e Madhe . Shkoder has a mixed population , some turkish remains and gabels :P Having tall players doesn't mean much. Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia , Montenegro are also good at football and that must mean something. They work with talents .
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Contact:
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Posts: 2307
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Re: Stadiums

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Dallku wrote: How many 6-6(and taller) Albanians might be out there?? Just not many. I have never seen one.
Mate I live in Canada and I rarely (maybe 1 in 50) see anyone taller than me, and I'm 6"3, let alone guys over 6"6

Wtf do you expect to find people over 6"6 all over the place?

People take almost anyone they can get for Centers. Shaq was legendary and couldn't even shoot for shit. With intense training, almost anyone can become a center, if they have the height.

Where you need a "pool" is places like PG/SG, which are very technical, and highly dependent on natural talent.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
Simboli i Diellit
Contact:
Location: Mailand
Team: Der AC Mailand
Posts: 3214
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am

Re: Stadiums

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:23 am

Pullazi has been playing quite well this season in Bergamo. Was the best player in the All Stars of Serie B game last month and most likely will move to Serie A next season.


https://youtu.be/oHjKVDzdsK0

Return to “Only Albania”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

Login · Register

In total there are 329 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 326 guests
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Pjetër
Most users ever online was 537 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 am
Total posts 19927
Total topics 279
Total members 223
Our newest member presiconnect
No birthdays today