Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Is it is me or does the stadium look a little like a mini La Bombonera where Boca play?
Plako

artan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:36 pm Now the FSHF needs to start making upgrades to stadiums that superliga teams play in. And to their credit some improvement has been made over the past 5 years like Kukesi's upcoming stadium and Vllaznia's stadium. But there are three teams are pretty much playing in Selman Stermasi stadium currently and it's a shame Partizani never went through with their project.

I think the next step should be just having a few stadiums go through Elbasan arena type renovations at 1-2 mil euro each. Because some of those stadiums look straight out of the 1950s.
We need to rebuild the new stadia without any running tracks around. Those things are useless in Albania now.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:57 pm Which other 3 sided stadium have you seen in the world and with a shopping mall and hotel inside..
CSKA Moscow stadium has a tower and so do some Swiss, American, etc.. It's not that uncommon.

People are complaining about the main stand but the main stand is never supposed to look like the other 3. That's normal...

Remember this is a private investment that's why it's even more silly that people are complaining about it. Albania is set with a national stadium that's one of the best in the region.. easily.
artan

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Princ wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:57 pm Which other 3 sided stadium have you seen in the world and with a shopping mall and hotel inside..
CSKA Moscow stadium has a tower and so do some Swiss, American, etc.. It's not that uncommon.

People are complaining about the main stand but the main stand is never supposed to look like the other 3. That's normal...

Remember this is a private investment that's why it's even more silly that people are complaining about it. Albania is set with a national stadium that's one of the best in the region.. easily.
I also think Slovakia's new stadium is something similar with a shopping mall inside too. AC Milan planned on their new stadium being something similar but it ultimately fell through. I also want to say a new stadium in Hungary has something like this where it's multi-purpose. It definitely is a trend as way too often taxpayer money gets burnt on these expensive stadiums that are for the benefit of billionaire team owners (mainly in the US), this atleast somewhat justifies a large expense.

I'm for it too because I doubt any of the club teams will actually play matches in the new stadium because it will be too expensive. Might as well make the most of the land and the prime real estate.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I don’t mind the tower or the vip area . Just the reducted size and probably the quality of the project :

https://youtu.be/4IUJrM6v4k4
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm I don’t mind the tower or the vip area . Just the reducted size and probably the quality of the project :
The stadium will very rarely sell out. I can see it selling out when we play France but when do you think realistically will it sell out next?
Dallku

I just noticed that in the main stand they still haven't installed the seats. (You can see that part is still under construction). I wonder if Albanians see it like that and think that it will never have any seats and it's a shopping center or something LOL.

Either that or they don't realize that the main stand is not supposed to look like the other three... but I think it's the first one.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Three sides look amazing. That fourth side looks like shit. Ruins everything about this stadium. Albanians, man... can't do anything a 100% right.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Migjeni wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:36 am Three sides look amazing. That fourth side looks like shit. Ruins everything about this stadium. Albanians, man... can't do anything a 100% right.
That side is actually a shell over the old front entrance from Qemal Stafa. It was architected by the Italian fascists who built modern Tirana, and they didn't want to throw it away, since it's part of the city's "history."

So they split it into pieces and retrofitted it into the new stadium.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information