Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

^

The government wont pay anything for this project. It's a private investment involving some Albanian company named Albstar and FSHF I believe.

The workers are Albanian. Look at what Veliaj says in the video Aurora posted.

It wont have a track.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Dallku wrote:^

The government wont pay anything for this project. It's a private investment involving some Albanian company named Albstar and FSHF I believe.

The workers are Albanian. Look at what Veliaj says in the video Aurora posted.

It wont have a track.
Thank god, Albania finally taking small steps in the right direction. Now if we could just put together a basketball team to compete against the yugoslavs we'd be set(in terms of Athletics)...

What other sports do you think Albanians can invest into?

Idk why we aren't dominating in volleyball, weightlifting, and boxing at the very least. We need to invest in these areas as well so talented individuals actually have a hope for the future..
Dallku

I don't think basketball in Albanian lands has potential because Albanians in general are short people(no matter what anyone says, this is a fact) so the talent pool and potential is just too limited. Yes Spaniards, Turks, etc are short too but those countries have huge populations to make up for it.

Albanians could do well in power sports and in boxing, fighting, etc..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

What height man? As you mentioned Argentina and Spain are two best teams after USA, and they are "short". Apart from Centers where you need guys who are 2.10m, there are plenty of guys up to 2 meters. Even in football that doesn't require any special height you frequently get guys who are 6"3.

You're acting as if though we have amazing point guards and shooting guards, and the height is ruining our forwards. We're just terrible all throughout. It's just a sport no one cares about. People care about soccer, and they're still terrible at it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Dallku wrote: The government wont pay anything for this project. It's a private investment involving some Albanian company named Albstar and FSHF I believe.
Instead of paying them money, Rama gave Albstar the land in front of the stadium for free.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

In Basketball we just need 3-4 players and we're set. I've said it earlier and i'll repeat it again now, we do have the players to be a medium level team . We didn't have Ndoja, Bushati and Shullazi that play here in Italy during last qualifiers: http://newsport.al/2016/11/intervista-n ... hqiperine/

We'll never reach the NBA level at the NT. Don't see us competing with Yugoslavs. We had Valbona and Vllaznia ruling the league years back , now both teams are mediocre. You can find tall Albanians in north . Most of my cousins are over 195 but the FA should find a way to envolve them into playing this game, same with Volleyball.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:What height man? As you mentioned Argentina and Spain are two best teams after USA, and they are "short". Apart from Centers where you need guys who are 2.10m, there are plenty of guys up to 2 meters. Even in football that doesn't require any special height you frequently get guys who are 6"3.

You're acting as if though we have amazing point guards and shooting guards, and the height is ruining our forwards. We're just terrible all throughout. It's just a sport no one cares about. People care about soccer, and they're still terrible at it.

Anyone know if Edgar Cani is any good in basketball? Me nje gur vrasim dy zogj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis

Simboli i Diellit wrote:Most of my cousins are over 195 but the FA should find a way to envolve them into playing this game, same with Volleyball.
If Albanians are short like LedZep says, then I hope they can recruit me for #2 position. I'm 6"3 and can't even touch the rim let alone dunk, but I'm a pretty good shooter :zgerdhimje:
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

I don't know why people say we're naturally short maybe the Tosks are but us Ghegs are literally same average height and build as the Yugoslavs. All my uncles are Tropojan and are like 6'2-6"3. I'm the short one in my family at 6' :D .

On the flip side height doesn't = talent. Look at the Dutch. Tallest males on the planet by average, super developed country and not a single NBA player in their history. Love of the sport > Physical tools every day. The love basketball in the Tropojan area but they just don't have any infrastructure. If we actually invested into tapping into those talents we could make a few NBA players also which is the only other sport I'd love to see us being competitive in.

If the Greeks and Italians who have the same average height as us have had multiple NBA players, height is no excuse for us not producing a single one..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Lol height in Albania is distributed on fis basis. Even in Kosova where most of the population origins from Albania you find that population around Peje , Rugove gives the best basketballers, taller people, while the ones from Gjakove and fushe kosove's medium height is compared to Mirditore's , height being close cousins just like the Rugovans, Peja has close connections with Malesia. Highlanders are taller and that's a genefic phenomenon you find everywhere , even in Scotland, Austria, US natives , Norway, Chinese (northern are taller) , the Dutch probably origined north of Germany in the Nordic countries. The medium tallest population in the world is in the Dinaric Alps . Montenegrins as a nationality are the tallest. On nation basis the Albanians as a whole are 10 cm shorter than the Yugosllavs.
  • Information