Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The shortest Albanians I've met have been from the southern parts of Albania and FYROM. Kosova is average - maybe the older generation are around 172-180 - but most kids or people my age are taller - not much maybe, but yeah, diet plays a huge part in it.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It has to do with region not country. I doubt Eastern Kosova/Prishtina is any more than average.

The region that Artan refers to are the highlands that start from Malesors in Northern Albania to Western Kosova (the people we call maloks :D)
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Basha says he wants to dismantle the project if he becomes PM. I know those Albstar guys all too well. Let's say he becomes PM (which I'll give him 0.5% chance). He'll have a "meeting" with Albstar guys, they'll leave a suitcase in his office and everything will be resolved.

Write this down.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Can you provide some context to this Albstar thing? Are these guys building the new stadium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dallku

If it's up to these PD politicians Albania will be playing in a WWI broken down stadium for another century. And the few training pitches remaining would also get destroyed so they could build their illegal buildings.
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako wrote:Can you provide some context to this Albstar thing? Are these guys building the new stadium?

Albstar is a mechanical/civil engineering company started by a Kosovar from Fier in the 90s, and slowly got some traction in the last few years.' Most companies like this do design-build projects, but the architect is foreign and Albstar is in charge of building.

They've never done stadiums before, so I hope it turns out well. They pretty much bribe both parties to get things done. Basha knows he has no power, and they'll hand him a suitcase with cash if he gets into power (which he won't). Rama gave them some free land in front of the stadium (which is worth gold tbh) and the tower in the stadium, in exchange for building the stadium and FSHF/Gov't will have ownership. (which is some 3rd world shit. When you grant a tender, you give them money to build, but in this case he's giving them public land)
Plako

Thanks for the info

Dallku

When are the next elections? Hopefully the stadium is finished by then.
Plako

Next Summer

Aurora Bulkualis

The funniest shit about Basha is the guy actually asked for way more money under the table for giving out tenders than Rama and Veliaj do.

And he goes out there and complains about corruption.
  • Information