Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: As I said, up to 2 meters you can find plenty of guys.

I highly doubt that. Especially in Albanian lands you sure as hell wont. And the small population makes it even more limited.

We only have height for point guards and no Albanian can ever be a PG because it requires great IQ and technique.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: I highly doubt that. Especially in Albanian lands you sure as hell wont. And the small population makes it even more limited.
Honestly the height disparity is between generations than countries. Some older, communist guys living in villages, are pretty short, but people born post-fall of communist (late teens early 20s) are the same as anywhere else I've been.
Dallku wrote:We only have height for point guards and no Albanian can ever be a PG because it requires great IQ and technique.
I agree with you if you want Albania to outdo opponents physically like in football, and completely disregard technique , but to have a good technical team is possible. If you look at Dragic he's 1.91 m (prob shorter than that since bb measures height with shoes) and can play SG. You find plenty of guys that height in football let alone basketball.

You unrealistically want us to pull a DB-style physical/anti-basketball which is impossible for us. Let's find our Nash and Dragic first, and we can worry about Shaqs when we cross that bridge.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm 185 cm and I can grab and hang by the rim - never been able to dunk tho. But never really played basketball that much.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

To dunk you need at least to jump over 80 cm. The rims are about 3 mts. The filipinos asked to put the rim over 3.7 mts so basket would become more tecnical and the height differences will get neutralized. We worry about Albania not having enough tall players while asians have bigger problems :D In Albania we didn't have where to play Basket and all played football. In all Lezhe district there isn't a single field where to play now, we had one at my school that had a broken flooring and we played 2-3 times a year . Don't expect players to come out of nothing if infrastructure is missing. Even in Basket our best players will come from abroad. Here in Italy they have basket fields in every small park , we used to play every weekend during college.
Pjetër

Even the most fucked up ghettos in the United States have a semi decent basketball court.
Aurora Bulkualis

Simboli i Diellit wrote:We worry about Albania not having enough tall players while asians have bigger problems :D In Albania we didn't have where to play Basket and all played football.
This is the main problem. LedZep watches some youtube vid of Rama visiting old, withering villagers, and says to himself why aren't they taller than Rama. That's not how it works :D

With good infrastructure and training, you can create a good pool of talents to send abroad and choose from, even if your league is shit.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

1. How many of us did go to political rallies? I never went . 60% of the people never go. Most of the people there are old generation Albanians and women 170 at most .

2. Politicians who stand at the tribuna where Edi speaks are all short.

3. Edi was a baskeball player.

I can count 5-6 people almost Edi's size that were raised in poor conditions at the video below, could bet their kids are at least tall like Edi if not taller ;) Edi Rama was well raised , never had lack of food or worked in bad conditions since a kid. Most of that generation was raised with "bread and salt". Those 10-15 cms count of the new generations count a lot, just look at the Chineses.

4. Wtf with the cameraman capturing/focusing Edi from below :D
e382x4hXTLs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e382x4hXTLs
Aurora Bulkualis

Simboli i Diellit wrote: I can count 5-6 people almost Edi's size that were raised in poor conditions at the video below, could bet their kids are at least tall like Edi if not taller ;) Edi Rama was well raised , never had lack of food or worked in bad conditions since a kid. Most of that generation was raised with "bread and salt". Those 10-15 cms count of the new generations count a lot, just look at the Chineses.
According to Dallku, we need those old ladies to be 6"7 to have a good bb team :rrokullisem:

Btw, Steph Curry confirmed to play for Albania. His real name is Stefan Karaj but the Yugoslavs made him change it on his passport.

Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Been thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:
Simboli i Diellit wrote: I can count 5-6 people almost Edi's size that were raised in poor conditions at the video below, could bet their kids are at least tall like Edi if not taller ;) Edi Rama was well raised , never had lack of food or worked in bad conditions since a kid. Most of that generation was raised with "bread and salt". Those 10-15 cms count of the new generations count a lot, just look at the Chineses.
According to Dallku, we need those old ladies to be 6"7 to have a good bb team :rrokullisem:

Btw, Steph Curry confirmed to play for Albania. His real name is Stefan Karaj but the Yugoslavs made him change it on his passport.

Bro are you dumb? :roll:

He's clearly from Tropoja, his last name is Curri..
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:

It's a fact that Albanians are short in general, especially compared to our neighbors. Not sure why you get so sensitive about it. lol It is what it is.
  • Information