Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:55 pm Never said he was. I'm saying that in the year 2020 (Nazis/Neo Nazis now have a totally different view on Muslims generally speaking) the kind of person who would name there kid Adolf doesn't strike me as the type of person to also be a follower of Islam. Obviously in a place like Albania that doesn't apply. That's why it was funny to me.

Or do you think that a person living in Western Europe/North America who is Muslim would name their kid Adolf?
Your'e overthinking this dude. This kid's from Kruja where they are removed from all the issues you mentioned. This kid's nominally Muslim because his parents and grandparents were also Muslim. And Hitler is not viewed the same way in Albania as he's viewed in the Western world. I would go as far as to say that there is widespread Nazi sympathy in Albania. You won't find many Albanians who have a negative view of the Nazis.
Plako

Pjetër wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:31 pm In 2020 it is a bit odd since you would assume now the intersection between Muslims and people who would name there kid Adolf would be very small.
This is Albania though dude. Just be glad his name is not Gjaknorris or Markovanbasten.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Yeah I know. That's why I said "vetëm shqiptarët". I meant it in jest. I don't mind the name in of itself personally. I have nothing against non "Albanian names" as long as they aren't silly ones like the ones you named.

Now how an Austrian guy born in 1970 ended up with that name is a whole other topic.
artan

I think his brother (Gentian and third choice GK for the NT) is religious himself. I don't think he's doing it for clout.

It'll be funny if this guy transfers to Germany. The reactions would be crazy. He looked good yesterday and is only 20 years old.

Edit: Plako nailed it with what he said. Albanians generally don't think view the Nazi's negatively (the newer generation might be different) unless they were a communist/hoxha supporter. Even in the Middle East was highly supportive of the Nazi's for obvious reasons. They saw them as a liberator and Hitler was worshiped.
Plako

Pjetër wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:48 pm Yeah I know. That's why I said "vetëm shqiptarët". I meant it in jest. I don't mind the name in of itself personally. I have nothing against non "Albanian names" as long as they aren't silly ones like the ones you named.

Now how an Austrian guy born in 1970 ended up with that name is a whole other topic.
Oh I know it was in jest. Albanian names has been one of my favorite topics in a long time :)
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:04 am I think his brother (Gentian and third choice GK for the NT) is religious himself. I don't think he's doing it for clout.

It'll be funny if this guy transfers to Germany. The reactions would be crazy. He looked good yesterday and is only 20 years old.

Edit: Plako nailed it with what he said. Albanians generally don't think view the Nazi's negatively (the newer generation might be different) unless they were a communist/hoxha supporter. Even in the Middle East was highly supportive of the Nazi's for obvious reasons. They saw them as a liberator and Hitler was worshiped.
I mean the Nazi's gave us the closest thing to Greater Albania , can you blame us !
Plako

artan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:04 am I think his brother (Gentian and third choice GK for the NT) is religious himself. I don't think he's doing it for clout.

Honestly, not even the commies speak badly of the Nazis. This might be a stretch but come to think of it, I've never met any Albanian in my life who hates the Nazis. Outside of WWII context, if one were to read Hoxha's books it would easily show that he hated more the Anglo-Americans and Commie Revisionists like Tito and Kruschev than the Nazis :)
CanaYouDoIt

https://twitter.com/sfv_asf/status/1299 ... 00385?s=21

5 Albanians in the u21 squad for the Swiss .
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:16 pm https://twitter.com/sfv_asf/status/1299 ... 00385?s=21

Zeqiri and Toma were rumored to play for Kosova . Mercenaries no doubt. Very very few have chosen Albania or Kosova ahead of the country where they were raised the rest are just fake patriots.
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:16 pm https://twitter.com/sfv_asf/status/1299 ... 00385?s=21

Zeqiri and Toma were rumored to play for Kosova . Mercenaries no doubt. Very very few have chosen Albania or Kosova ahead of the country where they were raised the rest are just fake patriots.
They will still play for Kosovo in the future if they are not good enough for Switzerland.
  • Information