Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Overall the youth ranks are not promising at all at this point and any speculation that one or two of these players might one day be a good player for the nt is at best hopeful.. we desperately need attackers but we’ll be lucky if broja matures into half the striker the fans are making him out to be, and if kallaku or cokaj amount to anything useful in midfield either. I myself had more hopes a few years ago for Liridon latifi and Çekiçi to turn out as useful attackers for us, surely more than I have for these boys now. Those two had noticeable talent which I don’t see much of in today’s u21, sadly they have not delivered so far
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:11 pm Ndrecka just turned 17. He's going up against players 3-4 years older than him.

I wouldn't even put too much weight on their performances for the U-21. I don't remember anyone saying how good Kumbulla was the past two years.

What's important is how these players progress at their club levels and if they are actually playing. Like for example, Tafa is gonna be 21 and is a bench player for a Serie C team, you can say he's never gonna make it.

That player Cokaj is young and on a decent Croatian team. You have to figure eventually he'll have a chance to move to a bigger league. That's what I'm more concerned about.
Kumbulla is 1(.5) year older than him.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:14 am
artan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:11 pm Ndrecka just turned 17. He's going up against players 3-4 years older than him.

I wouldn't even put too much weight on their performances for the U-21. I don't remember anyone saying how good Kumbulla was the past two years.

What's important is how these players progress at their club levels and if they are actually playing. Like for example, Tafa is gonna be 21 and is a bench player for a Serie C team, you can say he's never gonna make it.

That player Cokaj is young and on a decent Croatian team. You have to figure eventually he'll have a chance to move to a bigger league. That's what I'm more concerned about.
Kumbulla is 1(.5) year older than him.
Okay? Kumbulla was also playing for the u19 at that age. Ndrecka is still 2 years younger than most of the guys he's playing against and at that age it's a big difference.
Dallku

Dude I was excited too when he made his debut in serie a. Especially in his position(lb) Albania is thin but after watching him a few times he’s trash. The fact that he was benched in this alb u-21 defense says it all.

Sure he’s young but if you can play you can play and this u21 is not exactly high level. Broja is 17 and he’s easily a starter but even he has to improve a lot
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:37 pm Dude I was excited too when he made his debut in serie a. Especially in his position(lb) Albania is thin but after watching him a few times he’s trash. The fact that he was benched in this alb u-21 defense says it all.

Sure he’s young but if you can play you can play and this u21 is not exactly high level. Broja is 17 and he’s easily a starter but even he has to improve a lot
I don't even care that he started for Chievo for a match because Chievo at that point was so far relegated they were just trying new players (I said this at the time too).

What I'm trying to say is that u21 performances and results can be deceiving. Guys like Vajushi and Balaj were pretty good U21 players and both ended up being shit. Kumbulla didn't stand out when he played. I doubt Hysaj was considered a standout when he played for the u21.

I don't think you realize how big of a physical and talent gap there is between 17/18 year olders and 20/21 year olds. It's like this in every sport. The fact that these two (especially Broja) are playing in a age group above is encouraging.
Princ

I am not encouraged that these 18 yr old youth league players are starting on the u21.. to me it speaks more to the weakness of the squad than it does the merit of these boys, they could easily still be on the u19 as equally mediocre players...they have shown us nothing so far except a lit post match celebration after monumental first victory halfway through campaign
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:06 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:37 pm Dude I was excited too when he made his debut in serie a. Especially in his position(lb) Albania is thin but after watching him a few times he’s trash. The fact that he was benched in this alb u-21 defense says it all.

I don't even care that he started for Chievo for a match because Chievo at that point was so far relegated they were just trying new players (I said this at the time too).

What I'm trying to say is that u21 performances and results can be deceiving. Guys like Vajushi and Balaj were pretty good U21 players and both ended up being shit. Kumbulla didn't stand out when he played. I doubt Hysaj was considered a standout when he played for the u21.

I don't think you realize how big of a physical and talent gap there is between 17/18 year olders and 20/21 year olds. It's like this in every sport. The fact that these two (especially Broja) are playing in a age group above is encouraging.
Balaj might be crap but he got us the biggest victory in the history of our NT...And Hysaj was already huge with the U21...I was following him since his Serie B days.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Sokolat1443
Team: KF Korab
Has thanked: 0

Anyone followed Broja's game with Chelsea in youth Champions League. He played the whole 90 mins against Ajax.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

So apparently the Young Albo cb at Inter Milan youth clubs was snatched by Italy (16 years old).
There seems interest by our FA to approach him with the U21 or getting him a callup by the NT . Quite a hype for a guy that hasn’t shown anything so far althrough with the best attributes physically and actually playing at one of the best academies in Italy atm filled with young prospects.
https://www.transfermarkt.it/ramen-cepe ... ler/567460

#moredefensivePlayersPlease

I don’t believe his road with Italy will be long . He might get to play for their U17 , U18 and U19 but at U21 and the NT the level his really high with defensive players getting capped by Italian NT at the age of 24-25...

One month ago the italian FA opened a disciplinary issue to their U17 because of the Peppino players “namecalling” each-other “Niger and Albanian” . https://www.ilnapolista.it/2019/09/libe ... lalbanese/
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:56 am So apparently the Young Albo cb at Inter Milan youth clubs was snatched by Italy (16 years old).
There seems interest by our FA to approach him with the U21 or getting him a callup by the NT . Quite a hype for a guy that hasn’t shown anything so far althrough with the best attributes physically and actually playing at one of the best academies in Italy atm filled with young prospects.
https://www.transfermarkt.it/ramen-cepe ... ler/567460

#moredefensivePlayersPlease

I don’t believe his road with Italy will be long . He might get to play for their U17 , U18 and U19 but at U21 and the NT the level his really high with defensive players getting capped by Italian NT at the age of 24-25...

One month ago the italian FA opened a disciplinary issue to their U17 because of the Peppino players “namecalling” each-other “Niger and Albanian” . https://www.ilnapolista.it/2019/09/libe ... lalbanese/

Lots of Albanians went to Italy , finally starting to see the boys coming through . Kumbulla etc , don’t mind that they’re most likely gonna be better defensively because that’s how you win games . Hopefully the Albanians of other places turn out to be better attacking then we might have a chance to be good .
  • Information