Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:24 pm
artan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:00 am

It might be a rumor or maybe his German dad realizes it’s better for his son to be loved in Albania than be an after thought in Germany. He can potentially be a rockstar in Albania if he turns out good

Bigger chance of convincing a half German to play for Albania than a full Shkodran (Gruda)..

That's because the German probably realizes his level and and doesn't want to ruin his career completely.... while the Shkodran probably thinks his seed is better than Messi.

Sadly the same thing is happening to another one.... Andreas Ndoj. Looks like he lost his place at Olympiakos and the Greek NT is not even considering him. He would have to play amazing for them to consider him.

Then again at least he doesn't have to compete with Wirtz, Musiala and Sane.
Agreed. At the end of the day Albanians generally have inferiority complexes and will always pick a country like Germany over Albania. It’s even sadder when you have clear inferior players who will wait their whole life for a potential German call up like Mergim Berisha.

It doesn’t just go for football as well. The ordinary Albanian will probably sell their mother for a chance to live in Germany.

This German kid probably has a rational dad who is thinking of the best chances for his boy and the fact that Albania would embrace him. Sometimes you got to look at the bigger picture even if he may have a chance to play for the better team one day. Its why Abedin Januzaj massively fucked up as Adnan would have been a legend for Albanians despite his club career flopping and instead he’s now all but forgotten.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think we forget for these guys this is a job... They got a window of 10-15 years to make enough money to last a lifetime (and for some their kids as well).

If playing for a bigger NT increases their clout and consequently their wages, they will take it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:08 pm I think we forget for these guys this is a job... They got a window of 10-15 years to make enough money to last a lifetime (and for some their kids as well).

If playing for a bigger NT increases their clout and consequently their wages, they will take it.
Yea and it’s probably in the best interest for them to pick the national team they can actually get playing time for to showcase their skills.

Someone like Ramadani has greatly from playing for Albania as in the past in gave the Scottish team enough credibility to sign him. Now if he would have waited for Germany (obv he was nowhere near that radar) that Scottish team may have never signed him as there wasn’t enough evidence of him being a capable player. Even someone like Asani now might make the transfer of his life to a big league and without the NT performances there were no way possible of that happening.

So it goes both ways. It only makes sense to play for a big country if the player is a bonafide star then it can take him to the next level in terms of marketing.
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:35 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:08 pm I think we forget for these guys this is a job... They got a window of 10-15 years to make enough money to last a lifetime (and for some their kids as well).

Yea and it’s probably in the best interest for them to pick the national team they can actually get playing time for to showcase their skills.

Someone like Ramadani has greatly from playing for Albania as in the past in gave the Scottish team enough credibility to sign him. Now if he would have waited for Germany (obv he was nowhere near that radar) that Scottish team may have never signed him as there wasn’t enough evidence of him being a capable player. Even someone like Asani now might make the transfer of his life to a big league and without the NT performances there were no way possible of that happening.

So it goes both ways. It only makes sense to play for a big country if the player is a bonafide star then it can take him to the next level in terms of marketing.
Yeah I don't think they're doing that math. More like = bigger team = more clout = more money.
Dallku

If they are at that level it's understandable...

but when you're Jurgen Gjasula thinking you can play for Germany that's a problem.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:07 pm Albanians in their 50s are obsessed with Germany for some unexplainable reason
My dad's cousin has three boys
He named them Klinsmann, Shumacher and Beckembauer
With their fak...g surnames
I am 100% sure that if they become footballers their dad would prefer Germany over Albania any day
And he has never visited Germany...
The obsession that a good number of them have with Bayern and Germany is beyond ridiculous. I personally know a few of them. There is this one friend of mine who is always in Germany jerseys for as long as I have known him.
Plako

Ermir Rashica has been called up by Bushi. He previously played for Kosova's U-19s.

https://twitter.com/kosovarfootball/sta ... 9668583487
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis

Better a pepino name, than Aqif or Muharrem.

Funny thing is if you read Albanian history and go back 600 years everyone was named Gjon and Gjergj.
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:24 pm Better a pepino name, than Aqif or Muharrem.

Funny thing is if you read Albanian history and go back 600 years everyone was named Gjon and Gjergj.
Gjon/Gjergj are Albanian names. It's the likes of Serxhio and Brayan that are infuriating to me.
  • Information