Albanian Superliga

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...
Doc
Team: FK Dinamo

Re: Albanian Superliga

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 am

Plako wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm
Juts like the good old days. Still Kategoria e PARE! :)
Not to mention there will be old friends. Shkumbini, Apollonia, Besa, Beselidhja, Tomori. And even the second team of Vllaznia. All is missing is Flamurtari and Lokomotiva.
Eshte lufta finale
vendimtare mbi ne
Internacionale
Do te jet nje bote e re
Plako

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 am
Not to mention there will be old friends. Shkumbini, Apollonia, Besa, Beselidhja, Tomori. And even the second team of Vllaznia. All is missing is Flamurtari and Lokomotiva.
God damn it you're right :)
artan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 am

Does anyone know how popular of a team FC Kamza is (Where would you rank them in the Superliga in terms of support)? How much financial backing do they have? Do they have a strong rivalry with the other Tirana teams?

I saw some highlights from a recent match of theirs and they have a well maintained stadium and it looks like they're adding stands to it. They seem to be in good form this year as well.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: Der AC Mailand

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:59 am

artan wrote:
Does anyone know how popular of a team FC Kamza is (Where would you rank them in the Superliga in terms of support)? How much financial backing do they have? Do they have a strong rivalry with the other Tirana teams?

I saw some highlights from a recent match of theirs and they have a well maintained stadium and it looks like they're adding stands to it. They seem to be in good form this year as well.
They’re basically the new Dinamo , most of their players come from Tirana and Dinamo accademies. They’re backed by the Mayor of Kamza finantially. I don’t think they’ll be in top 5 at the end of the season.
Plako

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:31 am

artan wrote:

A little background on the Kamza first. Kamza is a small provincial town turned into a Tirana suburb due to its significant populations growth in the last 20 years. I believe per the most recent census it is the 6th largest municipality in Albania by population. Kamza is notable for housing the Agricultural University of Tirana (Shkolla Bujqesore). Most of its inhabitants have moved there from Northern Albania (Kukes, Tropoje & Puke mainly) and it is a PD stronghold so money was spent there by Berisha's government to update the infrastructure and also build a new stadium, which I think it's pretty decent for Albania's standards.

Kamza's mayor, Xhelal Mziu, is a real character and is notorious for naming streets after US Presidents so you will find Bill Klinton, Xhorxh Bush and Donald Trump Boulevards there.

Donald Trump is also "Qytetar Nderi"

http://www.dritare.net/2017/04/01/xhela ... ar-nderi/1

Now on to the fotball:
1. There is virtually zero rivalry between Kamza and the other 3 formerly big Tirana teams. Traditionally the football rivalries in Albania were among the 3 Tirana teams, Vllaznia and to a lesser degree Flamurtari (pre 1990 ) and Teuta post 1990. Obviously the last decade Skenderbeu has utterly dominated the league with Kukesi mounting a decent challenge but there is no real rivalry to speak of.
2. In terms of support I'd rate Kamza last mainly due to its inhabitants being newcomers and having allegiances to the cities where they hailed from. Also in I'm not mistaken Kamza used to be a Partizani stronghold. Check out the highlights from last week's game vs. Partizani, you can see the stadium is almost empty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmoZGqOw6c
3. I think most of the backing come from Bashkia Kamez and the mayor who uses it to garner support and maintain a hold on the power over the city.

Return to “Albanian Superliga + Kosova and Ilirida”