Albanian Superliga

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am

^ Wasn't the match fixing in relation to that Northern Ireland team? That was the game they were winning and allowed a late goal on purpose for the betting odd? That game was won regardless fixing occurred or not.

Also Skenderbeu sold their striker James to some Azerbaijani team for 200k euros. Shehi also retired. Is Gavazaj the only player remaining from the starting lineup (he'll probably get sold too)? Relegation bound for Skenderbeu.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:08 pm

artan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am Also Skenderbeu sold their striker James to some Azerbaijani team for 200k euros. Shehi also retired. Is Gavazaj the only player remaining from the starting lineup (he'll probably get sold too)? Relegation bound for Skenderbeu.
Should have been relegated 10 years ago before they fucked Dinamo over. We have a tendency as a people to gloss over the corruption that goes on behind the scenes just because Skenderbeu won a few games in Europe, without realizing how much damage the did to domestic league by making it noncompetitive for almost e decade. Just like everything else in that country the corruption has seized every facet of the daily and we simply don't give a f***. It's absolutely maddening.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:17 am

artan wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am ^ Wasn't the match fixing in relation to that Northern Ireland team? That was the game they were winning and allowed a late goal on purpose for the betting odd? That game was won regardless fixing occurred or not.

Also Skenderbeu sold their striker James to some Azerbaijani team for 200k euros. Shehi also retired. Is Gavazaj the only player remaining from the starting lineup (he'll probably get sold too)? Relegation bound for Skenderbeu.
Shehi will coach Skenderbeu. Gavazaj is being scouted in Croatia. James went for 350k. Takaj will probably pocket the money and f*** off.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 am

artan wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 am I don't think the quality will drop because there wasn't any to begin with. But I do think we lose the only team that can possibly make the Europa or Champions League in the next few years. I just don't see Kukesi being able to do it and Partizani have flopped for years, I doubt they get better. All match fixing aside Skenderbeu was the most professional team in the league (a bit of a oxymoron).
I still remember Flamurtari 'losing' something like 8-1 to that Irish team after they'd won 2-1 The home game and this was like a decade ago.

In a decade or so Albanian football has improved alot, IMO. And Skenderbeu played a big part in raising the bar for other clubs to spend and perform.
artan

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:23 am

plisi wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 am
artan wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 am I don't think the quality will drop because there wasn't any to begin with. But I do think we lose the only team that can possibly make the Europa or Champions League in the next few years. I just don't see Kukesi being able to do it and Partizani have flopped for years, I doubt they get better. All match fixing aside Skenderbeu was the most professional team in the league (a bit of a oxymoron).
I still remember Flamurtari 'losing' something like 8-1 to that Irish team after they'd won 2-1 The home game and this was like a decade ago.

In a decade or so Albanian football has improved alot, IMO. And Skenderbeu played a big part in raising the bar for other clubs to spend and perform.
It improved and I think we know because of Skenderbeu's success in Europe and because other teams like Kukesi have been close to qualifying for the EL. It also seems that alot of European leagues are signing players from the Albanian superliga and that's pretty much all thanks to Skenderbeu's success in Europe. No way Genk would have signed someone like Abazaj for 750k euros from a village team 5 - 10 years ago.

But with Skenderbeu being demolished (rightfully so) is a set back for the league. They were the team everyone (mainly Kukesi and Partizan) was trying to catch and trying to improve to match their level. With Skenderbeu gone Kukesi is just gonna inherit it with out doing anything. The league is gonna be theirs and they don't have the quality/experience to qualify for Europe. Not to mention like almost Skenderbeu's entire starting lineup will be playing abroad so the league just pretty much lost their 11 best players lol.

Shame because Skenderbeu had a pretty good model going on for a team with a shit youth academy. Pretty much don't sack your coach after 10 games, develop a consistent core of players and have good scouts snatching up cheap players in Kosova & Albania. Why Superliga teams don't get this is beyond me. Their all to busy sacking their coaches after 10 games (shit coaches that get recycled team by team) and they waste their money on random Serbian/Nigerian scrubs or overrated Albanian Superliga rejects like Veliu.
Aurora Bulkualis

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Olayinka was just sold from Gent to Slavia Prague for 3 mill+. Gent bought him for 1m, and sold him for 3m+. Skenderbeu netted another couple of hundred thousand dollars, since that was part of the deal.

I hope that fat f*** Takaj is proud of himself. His team was a money making machine, both from transfers and CL/EL money, and he couldn't resist and gambled it all for a couple of thousand bucks. Piece of shit.
artan

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 am

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 pm Olayinka was just sold from Gent to Slavia Prague for 3 mill+. Gent bought him for 1m, and sold him for 3m+. Skenderbeu netted another couple of hundred thousand dollars, since that was part of the deal.

I hope that fat f*** Takaj is proud of himself. His team was a money making machine, both from transfers and CL/EL money, and he couldn't resist and gambled it all for a couple of thousand bucks. Piece of shit.
Seems like Skenderbeu had good scouts. Those scouts were poaching random ass players for dirt cheap and made some nice profit on them. If I were a Superliga team I'd snatch up those scouts.. It also looks like all of Skenderbeu's exports are linked to the agent Shkumbin Qormeti who was somehow able to find European suitors for Skenderbeu's players. Maybe just deal with this guy directly and he'll find a random Belgian/Russian team for your mediocre Superliga talent. This guy is the Albanian Jorge Mendes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/shkumbi ... rater/2073
Plako
Team: Partizani

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:27 pm

artan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 am It also looks like all of Skenderbeu's exports are linked to the agent Shkumbin Qormeti who was somehow able to find European suitors for Skenderbeu's players. Maybe just deal with this guy directly and he'll find a random Belgian/Russian team for your mediocre Superliga talent. This guy is the Albanian Jorge Mendes.
He has a really good eye for talent for someone with that last name :)
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 pm

This a great way to start the season.
Aurora Bulkualis

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:21 pm

This is kinda hilarious. They gut Skenderbeu. Kick them out of Europe. Drain their revenue. Half their team leaves. They are in shambles.

Still beat Partizani with penalty in extra time.
  • Information