Albanian Superliga

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Doc
Team: FK Dinamo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 am

Plako wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm Juts like the good old days. Still Kategoria e PARE! :)
Not to mention there will be old friends. Shkumbini, Apollonia, Besa, Beselidhja, Tomori. And even the second team of Vllaznia. All is missing is Flamurtari and Lokomotiva.
Eshte lufta finale
vendimtare mbi ne
Internacionale
Do te jet nje bote e re
Plako
Team: Partizani

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Doc wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:54 amNot to mention there will be old friends. Shkumbini, Apollonia, Besa, Beselidhja, Tomori. And even the second team of Vllaznia. All is missing is Flamurtari and Lokomotiva.
God damn it you're right :)
artan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 am

Does anyone know how popular of a team FC Kamza is (Where would you rank them in the Superliga in terms of support)? How much financial backing do they have? Do they have a strong rivalry with the other Tirana teams?

I saw some highlights from a recent match of theirs and they have a well maintained stadium and it looks like they're adding stands to it. They seem to be in good form this year as well.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:59 am

artan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 am Does anyone know how popular of a team FC Kamza is (Where would you rank them in the Superliga in terms of support)? How much financial backing do they have? Do they have a strong rivalry with the other Tirana teams?

I saw some highlights from a recent match of theirs and they have a well maintained stadium and it looks like they're adding stands to it. They seem to be in good form this year as well.
They’re basically the new Dinamo , most of their players come from Tirana and Dinamo accademies. They’re backed by the Mayor of Kamza finantially. I don’t think they’ll be in top 5 at the end of the season.
Plako

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:31 am

artan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 amDoes anyone know how popular of a team FC Kamza is (Where would you rank them in the Superliga in terms of support)? How much financial backing do they have? Do they have a strong rivalry with the other Tirana teams?

A little background on the Kamza first. Kamza is a small provincial town turned into a Tirana suburb due to its significant populations growth in the last 20 years. I believe per the most recent census it is the 6th largest municipality in Albania by population. Kamza is notable for housing the Agricultural University of Tirana (Shkolla Bujqesore). Most of its inhabitants have moved there from Northern Albania (Kukes, Tropoje & Puke mainly) and it is a PD stronghold so money was spent there by Berisha's government to update the infrastructure and also build a new stadium, which I think it's pretty decent for Albania's standards.

Kamza's mayor, Xhelal Mziu, is a real character and is notorious for naming streets after US Presidents so you will find Bill Klinton, Xhorxh Bush and Donald Trump Boulevards there.

Donald Trump is also "Qytetar Nderi"

http://www.dritare.net/2017/04/01/xhela ... ar-nderi/1

Now on to the fotball:
1. There is virtually zero rivalry between Kamza and the other 3 formerly big Tirana teams. Traditionally the football rivalries in Albania were among the 3 Tirana teams, Vllaznia and to a lesser degree Flamurtari (pre 1990 ) and Teuta post 1990. Obviously the last decade Skenderbeu has utterly dominated the league with Kukesi mounting a decent challenge but there is no real rivalry to speak of.
2. In terms of support I'd rate Kamza last mainly due to its inhabitants being newcomers and having allegiances to the cities where they hailed from. Also in I'm not mistaken Kamza used to be a Partizani stronghold. Check out the highlights from last week's game vs. Partizani, you can see the stadium is almost empty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etmoZGqOw6c
3. I think most of the backing come from Bashkia Kamez and the mayor who uses it to garner support and maintain a hold on the power over the city.
artan

Tue May 15, 2018 4:16 am

Vllaznia Shkoder got relegated. The two best stadiums in the country will be in Kategoria e Pare.. Sad but funny.

I do think they should expand the Superliga to 12 teams. Teams like KF Tirana, Dinamo, Elbasani and Vllaznia all need to be in the Superliga.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 am

Adding more teams just lowers the average quality of the league. It's not a coincidence that we had a jump in quality as soon as it went down to 10.

The less teams you have, the higher the level of football. Skenderbeu is literally walking on the pitch when facing relegation teams.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm

artan wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:16 am Vllaznia Shkoder got relegated. The two best stadiums in the country will be in Kategoria e Pare.. Sad but funny.

Not sure why you're saying Vllaznia got relegated. They're in 9th place, 2 points behind Kamza. Kamza play away to Partizani and Vllaznia play away to Skenderbeu. Guaranteed Kamza loses and Vllaznia wins on the last matchday.
Sharri
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 am

UEFA Champions League Qualifiers:
Kukësi, Shkëndija, Drita

UEFA Europa League:
Laçi, Luftëtari, Partizani, Shkupi, Prishtina

That is a fair few alb clubs this time around
artan

Thu May 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Kukesi won't do anything, Luftetari will get embarrassed and Partizani will disappoint again. Maybe Shkendija will do something.
  • Information