Nations League 2020-2021

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:17 pm I was gonna trash Abrashi, but Artan makes a good point. Just don't play him against these shitty teams. Against stronger offensive teams, he'll be way more useful.
Don’t compare the Abrashi you see today with the one of the De Biasi era. He’s washed up due to age and injury history.

The best midfielder domestically produced in the last decade was Sabien Lilaj.. a good “technical” player who played Europa League group stage twice, who could barely sniff any playing time over the second rate Swiss diaspora. That should tell you all you need to know about the level of those produced abroad in comparison to modern superliga products.

At the end of the day, I’d rather achieve results playing with stronger and better conditioned anti-footballers than try to play “technical” football and get crushed.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm At the end of the day, I’d rather achieve results playing with stronger and better conditioned anti-footballers than try to play “technical” football and get crushed.
So you pick Roshi > Rashica :D
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

I don't want to jump the gun, but Kallaku will be our best player. Not exaggerating either... Bushi said Albania has NEVER had a player like him. Bushi mentioned he had problems because he was physically frail when he was younger, but now he's almost 6 feet (which is right midfielder height imo), and looks beefier.

It's the little things that scream class... Look at the way he receives the ball. Looks all around, makes sure he has enough space, and his touch is class. That's exactly like prime Xavi. His passing is golden. His dribbling is great (scored a Zidane style roulette goal). He can score some screamers.

Lokomotiva has the steal of the century with 150k transfer fee. My guess is Dinamo Zagreb will snap him up in 6 months.
Dallku

artan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Abrashi is playing regularly for a mid table German team. He's just a diaspora player so you don't care. Yes, we know Abrashi is a defensive player, he's a pitbull and a good one. He probably shouldn't play against the likes Andorra or Moldova because he doesn't have much offensive qualities but then it again it appears that many of our players don't either. Just seems weird to be attacking Abrashi when he's probably been the best player under Reja.

Lenjani has good dribbling ability and had pace. His goal against Denmark and assist against Armenia (2-1) were vital for qualifying. But point is he's our best left wingback and even put in better performances as a wingback than Hysaj since the formation suits Lenjani well.

And this team is just as untalented as GDB's squad lmao. Atleast we had pace and width in the lineup to get a counter attack.

Abrashi has 37 starts in Bundesliga since...... 2016.

Just for perspective: Gjasula had 29 starts in Bundesliga just in 1 season.

Yes, of course you're gonna say injuries but maybe if he played more football and less rugby he would get less injuries?
Dallku

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm That should tell you all you need to know about the level of those produced abroad in comparison to modern superliga products.

No, it should tell you everything about De Biasi's philosophy. He was literally playing Andi Lila as a winger for years... was Andi Lila the best player in that position or was he the best to bunker and barely have 1 shot on target?

You guys are pretending like Albania was beating everyone. We only had one fluke win vs Portugal.

The one time he decided to play technical players(Kace and co) they beat France in a friendly.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 pm No, it should tell you everything about De Biasi's philosophy. He was literally playing Andi Lila as a winger for years... was Andi Lila the best player in that position or was he the best to bunker and barely have 1 shot on target?

You guys are pretending like Albania was beating everyone. We only had one fluke win vs Portugal.

The one time he decided to play technical players(Kace and co) they beat France in a friendly.
De Biasi made the most of the players he had to work with.. we were not world beaters during his time but definitely head and shoulders above what we are today.

His philosophy proved successful as it led us to pride and glory, with a qualification none of us could have even imagined in previous years. We should look to replicate those methods that worked in our favor rather than deviate from them, as we have been doing recently with the 3 center back formation among numerous other things.

None of us were huge fans of playing Lila winger or CM at times(or leaving technical players like Kace out of the lineup) but looking back on it, I have no regrets. It was these unpopular decisions which gave our NT an identity, one we now lack. We were known as a tough defensive team during De Biasi’s reign.. today we aren’t known for anything but losing, and losing badly.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:23 pm I don't want to jump the gun, but Kallaku will be our best player. Not exaggerating either... Bushi said Albania has NEVER had a player like him. Bushi mentioned he had problems because he was physically frail when he was younger, but now he's almost 6 feet (which is right midfielder height imo), and looks beefier.

It's the little things that scream class... Look at the way he receives the ball. Looks all around, makes sure he has enough space, and his touch is class. That's exactly like prime Xavi. His passing is golden. His dribbling is great (scored a Zidane style roulette goal). He can score some screamers.

Lokomotiva has the steal of the century with 150k transfer fee. My guess is Dinamo Zagreb will snap him up in 6 months.
I'm a fan of Kallaku too (I called him Pogba lite when he transferred because of his style of play) but this is such an exaggeration. Just last year Bushi called Vrioni the most talented Albanian striker ever so he obviously exaggerates. I think Kallaku can have a career like Memushaj where he can eventually be a decent Serie A player because he is talented. But I don't think he'll be our best player and he has an age advantage compared to the other players. I personally think Cokaj will be the better player as he played really well for Zagreb at the second half of last season.
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 amI'm a fan of Kallaku too (I called him Pogba lite when he transferred because of his style of play) but this is such an exaggeration. Just last year Bushi called Vrioni the most talented Albanian striker ever so he obviously exaggerates. I think Kallaku can have a career like Memushaj where he can eventually be a decent Serie A player because he is talented. But I don't think he'll be our best player and he has an age advantage compared to the other players. I personally think Cokaj will be the better player as he played really well for Zagreb at the second half of last season.
I discarded Vrioni 10 mins after watching him with Juve... It's hard to tell the quality of defenders and midfielders in lower leagues. Did anyone expect Kumbulla to have a breakout like that?The thing is he was always talented, it's just hard to tell in lower level leagues. Only strikers that score a lot of goals are noticed in lower leagues.

The #1 thing when it comes to midfielders is speed of play, and how many steps ahead you are mentally. Bad midfielders receive the ball, and THEN decide what to do with it. If you pay attention, you can tell Kallaku is 2-3 steps ahead mentally. He scans the entire area, knows where to receive the ball, and his touch and passing are REALLY good. That's the perfect recipe for a great midfielder. It's not just going to be appreciated in lower leagues where football is played at snail pace.

Him scoring a free kick or having a corner assist is nothing compared to his open play skills. He literally just had his first start in Croatia, and already copped an assist with his weaker foot. Dinamo Zagreb will snap up this dude instantly in a few months. Just watch. Like Bushi said, Albania has NEVER had a player with this level of intelligence on the ball.

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

On Bushi’s defense though he said that Vrioni has the potential to be Albania’s best striker ever (not that the level has been that high) . But Vrioni is missing mentality. The kid is so peaceful like he was on weed all the time.
Dallku

Bushi does overhype players :rrokullisem: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ban-bushi/

He pretty much does it to everyone who has a positive performance with the u21.

Kallaku looks good.. no doubt... but he's not a guarantee. His position(traditional #10 who are extinct in today's game) is tricky....so is his work ethic and physique. That Croatian league and team are suspect too. I had huge hope for Cekici and I believe if he stayed in Albania he would've had more success than going to Croatia.

Kallaku is the type of player I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a top league OR surprised if he signs for FK Lushnja in a few years.
  • Information