2021 European Club Campaign

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

This Friday, August 8th, the 2021 European campaign opens up for the Albanian clubs. Another year, another likely disappointment.

KF Drita will play the Andorra champs, Inter Club De Escaldes in the CL Preliminary Round Semifinal. If they win, then they will face off the winner of the S.P. Tre Fiori (San Marino champs) vs. Liffield FC (Northern Ireland champs)

The other Albanian clubs that have qualified for Europe this year are:

Champions League:
Tirana

Europa League
Kukesi (ALB) (Seeded)
Shkendija (MV) (Seeded)

Laci (ALB) (Unseeded)
Teuta (ALB) (Unseeded)
Prishtina (KOS) (Unseeded)
Gjilani (KOS) (Unseeded)
Renova (MV) (Unseeded)
Shkupi (MV) (Unseeded)
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Is Tirana any good? Have 0 hope after Skenderbeu.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Tirana is a rookie and they are not a quarter as good as Skenderbeu was.. Skenderbeu was not built overnight but was a product of failure and improvement. It took them years of experience to achieve that level and it’s a shame they got banned or we’d surely be seeing them in CL group stage. Imagine some of the epic wins we’d have witnessed had they been around these past few years..
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 am Is Tirana any good? Have 0 hope after Skenderbeu.
They're garbage and recently they had a major fight between their players in training. They're lucky they won the league. I

I have zero faith in them.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 am Tirana is a rookie and they are not a quarter as good as Skenderbeu was.. Skenderbeu was not built overnight but was a product of failure and improvement. It took them years of experience to achieve that level and it’s a shame they got banned or we’d surely be seeing them in CL group stage. Imagine some of the epic wins we’d have witnessed had they been around these past few years..
It's not shame they got banned, the real shame is nobody is on jail and i fear no one will ever be held accountable for their crimes. It's also shame that you present it like a "success model" while SkenderBET has been a history of political interference,organised crime or better say every fucking resource of albanian football was in disposal of their dirty business. Skanderbeg's "victories" are the same as those of Pyrrhus, filled Duka's and Takaj pockets while destroyed albanian football.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 am Is Tirana any good? Have 0 hope after Skenderbeu.
Solid offensively but poor on defense. They might have a chance against 5-6 teams on the draw.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:19 pm It's not shame they got banned, the real shame is nobody is on jail and i fear no one will ever be held accountable for their crimes. It's also shame that you present it like a "success model" while SkenderBET has been a history of political interference,organised crime or better say every fucking resource of albanian football was in disposal of their dirty business. Skanderbeg's "victories" are the same as those of Pyrrhus, filled Duka's and Takaj pockets while destroyed albanian football.
Even if you are correct, it does not take away their success and the emotions they gave us fans. Before the Europa League playoff in 2017, William Hill had Skenderbeu a heavy +550 underdog to qualify over Dinamo Zagreb(-1000).. and not only did they qualify, but they outplayed Dinamo throughout both legs. Anytime you overcome odds like that, the accomplishment deserves respect.

Skenderbeu also didn’t cower defensively but they played beautiful football. They were a joy to watch and their legacy lives on as the best Albanian club of the current century.
artan

I don't think Tirana is a bad team but you really need experience to qualify for CL/EL. I'd question how that backline holds up since Doka left for Croatia (probably the best defender in the Superliga) and the other defenders are career Superliga players.

It took Skenderbeu like 5 seasons of dominating the superliga to actually qualify for Europe and they had a very favorable draw. The second qualification was more memorable as it was a less talented team overall but a team with experience and grit who didn't choke. And in big matches or knockout games experience and grit is everything.

I don't think Kukesi will do anything since they'll have so much roster turnover and because Shkurtaj and Abazaj left the squad.

Laci might be a surprise team. They historically haven't done too bad in Europe and have their best team in some time. I don't think they're expected to lose anyone big. They're probably just as good as Tirana or Kukesi honestly.
ZenMaster

Wonderful draw for Tirana, they will face Dinamo Tbilisi. Drita will face Legia Warsaw if they pass the first qualification round. Prishtina vs Lincoln Red, Gjilani vs Tre Penne.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

It’s only one game . Anyone could make it. Even Legia is beatable .
  • Information