Albania a White Nation

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

KF.KORAB
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Erik wrote:This thread is like a Stormfront/Apricity hybrid.

Is Albania a white country culturally? Not really.
Explain us why.

i'm member of Appricity.
Erik

KF.KORAB wrote:

Explain us why.

i'm member of Appricity.
Sorry I should of said "culturally european" not culturally white since that really doesn't exist.

We're are closer to Turkish/Arab culture than any other european country bar maybe Bosnia which is close.

It doesn't really matter though, I couldn't care less personally as long as we keep our patriotism.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Erik wrote:
KF.KORAB wrote:

Explain us why.

i'm member of Appricity.
Sorry I should of said "culturally european" not culturally white since that really doesn't exist.

We're are closer to Turkish/Arab culture than we are any other european country bar maybe Bosnia which is close.

It doesn't really matter though, I couldn't care less personally as long as we keep our patriotism.
No, the Muslim Albanians might be (especially Kosova/Macedonia). But the non-religious / christian populations are closer to Southern European traditions..

To be honest the country we share the most with culturally when you include both Muslims and Christian is Greece but those pederasts don't like to admit it..
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Wth Arabs? Mate I hate these stupid discussions, but most people in Albania are culturally similar to Greeks and Italians, unless theyre practicing religious Muslims. Maybe Kosova or Ilirida are like that, but certainly not Albania, especially the south.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:... especially the south.
Albania Veneta too , so many wannabe Italians .
AlMadman

500 years under turkish occupation, huge influence all over the balkans, let alone albania.
Aurora Bulkualis

MadMan a lot of western Turks are similar to Italians in culture too, but there is a difference between Turkey, Albania, and Arabs culturally. The end of 20th century in Albania was marked by massive migrations to Italy and Greece. These two have the biggest influence on modern Albanian society.

Again, you can compare Kosova and Ilirida to Turkey or Yugoslavia culturally, but you take Tirana, Korce, Durres, Fier, Vlore, Lezhe, Sarande, maybe even most of Shkodra, and these places behave like Greeks/Italians. Only Kukesi, Kavaje, Elbasan, Pogradec are similar to Turkey.
AlMadman

Unlike you, I have had the pleasure to be friends with Albanians from pretty much every corner of Albania.

Unlike you, I also have travelled quite a lot through out Albanian inhabited lands. Covering nearly all those cities you listed. I have found "turkish" influence in all these places.

Turkey, whether we want to admit it or not, has left a huge footprint in the Balkans, let alone Albania.

Now if we were to use your logic, Albanians from Kosove have experienced mass migration to the likes of Switzerland and Germany and have had influences from those nations.
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tirana, Korce, Durres, Fier, Vlore, Lezhe, Sarande, maybe even most of Shkodra, and these places behave like Greeks/Italians.
Can you expand on the "behave part" a further more please. Because I have yet to see much similarities between the two and those places, even starting from architecture and organisation of a city.

Hell, Tirana looks more like a worn down south american city than anything close to greece/italy or any other european city to be perfectly honest.
Aurora Bulkualis

MadMan, Modern Turkey =/= Ottoman Empire. Albanians today are completely different than their ancestors 200 years ago. Unless people are religious Muslims, Albanians are more along the lines of Sicilians in culture than Turks.

Switzerland + Germany are a whole different story with a completely different culture and Kosovars don't assimilate there like Albanians assimilate in Italy. The main differences are Albanians are less religious, less nationalistic, more corrupt than Turks and higher rates of organized crime. Although Turks share Southern European elements with Italians and Albanians like extroversion and more outgoing, than a lot of Northern Europeans that keep to themselves.
AlMadman

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:MadMan, Modern Turkey =/= Ottoman Empire.
The only people I have heard say this, is Turks in denial.
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Switzerland + Germany are a whole different story with a completely different culture and Kosovars don't assimilate there like Albanians assimilate in Italy. The main differences are Albanians are less religious, less nationalistic, more corrupt than Turks and higher rates of organized crime. Although Turks share Southern European elements with Italians and Albanians like extroversion and more outgoing, than a lot of Northern Europeans that keep to themselves.
Based on what?
  • Information