Euro2016 Albania's opponents

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Albo_eagle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Edit: 6 groups.

1st and 2nd go through in 2 groups. However in 4 of the 6 groups the 3rd placed team goes through aswell.
Plako
Team: Partizani

There are only 6 groups. Top 2 go through in each group and 4 best 3rd placed teams go through as well.
KF.KORAB

Jeremy Mathieu got injured and will be out for EURO.

Umititi (0 caps) was called up.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi

Blerim Xhemaili scored Switzerland's only goal today. They then conceded a goal three minutes later, and lost 2-1 after conceding a 2nd in the 83rd minutes. Even the goal felt a lit bit lucky as it was a scramble inside the box.

I think if we're lucky we can play a mental game with the Swiss. Afterall they're supposed to be vastly superior to us, they have all our top talent supposedly but with the creation of the Kosova squad maybe they're starting to doubt each other a bit. All speculation of course.
Plako

Albanian Damien wrote:Blerim Xhemaili scored Switzerland's only goal today. They then conceded a goal three minutes later, and lost 2-1 after conceding a 2nd in the 83rd minutes. Even the goal felt a lit bit lucky as it was a scramble inside the box.

I think if we're lucky we can play a mental game with the Swiss. Afterall they're supposed to be vastly superior to us, they have all our top talent supposedly but with the creation of the Kosova squad maybe they're starting to doubt each other a bit. All speculation of course.
Switzerland has lost its last three games. Hope hey keep it up into the Euros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF.KORAB

Albanian Damien wrote:Blerim Xhemaili scored Switzerland's only goal today. They then conceded a goal three minutes later, and lost 2-1 after conceding a 2nd in the 83rd minutes. Even the goal felt a lit bit lucky as it was a scramble inside the box.

I watched the game, Shaqiri is clearly the only danger here, Seferovic is completely lost and i guess Mehmedi will be the first choice. Most probably Shaqiri, Xhaka, Behrami, Xhemaili and Mehmedi will be starters in this team and i do agree 100% that in mental we can do something except for Shaqiri as he already proved he can score against us even in the middle of Albania.
nikobellic

u guys realize they were playing against belgium rite? they're favors to win the Euros don't forget ;)
AlMadman

Romania getting thumbed. 60th min and 3-1 in favour of ukraine.

edit: 4 now. :rrokullisem:
Plako

MadMan wrote:Romania getting thumbed. 60th min and 3-1 in favour of ukraine.

If we were to lose like that vs. Ukraine the meltdown would be epic here. Or if we were to lose like Germany just did vs. Slovakia at home with one of the most ridiculous goals Germany has ever conceded there would be mass seppuku :)
AlMadman

Plako wrote:
MadMan wrote:Romania getting thumbed. 60th min and 3-1 in favour of ukraine.

If we were to lose like that vs. Ukraine the meltdown would be epic here. Or if we were to lose like Germany just did vs. Slovakia at home with one of the most ridiculous goals Germany has ever conceded there would be mass seppuku :)
Tell me about it...hahaha...f*** it, no matter what, I'm enjoy this moment that we are in the f-ing EUROS, what a day to be an Albanian football fan. :lol2: :gezuar:
  • Information