Next Stage

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Albo_eagle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Euros was phenomenal for me and the players did everyone proud. They gave everything. Sadiku, Hysaj, Abrashi and Ajeti have come out very well from this Euros.

Now it is time to keep using De Biasi's plan but with higher quality players in the squad. Some older players will now leave and some new ones should come through.

Agolli and Cana i am guessing will retire. Gashi, Roshi, Balaj, Kukeli and Basha should now be very very far away from the team and need to prove themselves to get back in the squad.

Rashica, Avdijaj, Manaj and Zeneli (maybe) now should be inteoduced to the squad. Kaçe now has to be the main player in midfield, Hysaj the new captain.

I think a few stages of De Biasi's plan have been completed such as creating a roster, qualifying for a major tounament but now we move onto the next one.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

f*** De Biasi man. We undercut our own squad so much even though most of these players have played in top leagues, and make him some sort of genius. Compare the squad Kuzhe had to this guy, and you'd see Kuzhe would get the same results.

Kuzhe gave us the best win in our history, and got us in the Top 50 rankings, with Teli and Dallku in defence, and Skela/Duro without clubs. And Kuzhe was a mediocre coach at best.

Imagine what he would have done with Hysaj, Mavraj, Ajeti, previously in-form Berisha, Kace, Xhaka, etc...
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

So do you guys think De Biasi will leave now? or because of the historic win against Romania, he stays?
Mbreti i Kosoves

I agree with the OP other than the "exceptional" part. I'm looking forward to seeing players like Manaj, Avdidaj, Rashica etc and basically any player that plays up front.

Hopefully we have built our image up and are able to attract players who we would of lost out on in the past (i.e. Januzaj, G. Xhaka etc.)
Dallku

Genti wrote:So do you guys think De Biasi will leave now? or because of the historic win against Romania, he stays?
He'll stay. He's too much of a big shot in Albania and you can tell that he absolutely loves it. He would be mediocre anywhere else he goes and he knows it. (especially at a club). If he gets an offer from an important NT then he might reconsider. I think he's way too comfortable with Albania tho.

I think in general the Euros were positive but I can also understand dudes like Owner who think otherwise. I can see both sides but just think that the positives outweigh the negatives.

Basically the attack is complete dog shit but this "success" at the Euros won't make De Biasi change things up. If anything now he'll be more convinced that the way to go is donkeys(Lenjani, Lila) on the wings and headless chickens with no skill up top(Sadiku). I just don't think this is a safe long term strategy. In the WCQ qualifies Albania will have to attack teams like Macedonia, Israel. and hoping for fluke goals out of nowhere will only get you so far. Matter of time before reality check hits.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:f*** De Biasi man. We undercut our own squad so much even though most of these players have played in top leagues, and make him some sort of genius. Compare the squad Kuzhe had to this guy, and you'd see Kuzhe would get the same results.

Kuzhe gave us the best win in our history, and got us in the Top 50 rankings, with Teli and Dallku in defence, and Skela/Duro without clubs. And Kuzhe was a mediocre coach at best.

Imagine what he would have done with Hysaj, Mavraj, Ajeti, previously in-form Berisha, Kace, Xhaka, etc...
Lets not forgot that Di Biasi inherited Kuzhe's roster but made an emphasis on recruiting players. Do you guys not remember during the 2014 WCQ Di Baisi tried out something like 26 new players? He knew he couldn't win shit with the likes of Muzaka and Lika playing important roles. Kuzhe wouldn't have even bothered to recruit players like Ajeti or Xhaka because guys like Bushi and Jupi would say that their friends Muzaka and Agoli are class players..

And our team was shit under Kuzhe, much more it was now. Our "big" win was a 1-0 home win against Belarus who was missing two of their best players and we beat some minnows in friendlies. We were probably one of the worst teams in Europe at the time. I don't think people realize how bad we were..

I'll admit Di Biasi drives me insane but he's the coach we need. It's really difficult for small teams to play attacking football and the best tactics is usually a defensive counter attacking style, it's the only chance for small nations to remain competitive. I don't like how he doesn't play the best players at time but he seems to go for the best unit and they usually bust their ass.

I think we have to keep him as we've embraced him and he's embraced us.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Im evaluating DBs skills as a tactician, not a scout. No one is knocking his bringings, but what hes done with them. Kuzhe's squad was god damn awful and he still managed to get close to DB's results in terms of points.

Fact is, DB is a mediocre tactician at best, and a slight coward at most. Compare him to Briegel for example, and theyre on two different levels.

P.S. I have nothing against a defensive/countering style except thats not our style of play. Its just defending with occasional flukes.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Im evaluating DBs skills as a tactician, not a scout. No one is knocking his bringings, but what hes done with them. Kuzhe's squad was god damn awful and he still managed to get close to DB's results in terms of points.

Fact is, DB is a mediocre tactician at best, and a slight coward at most. Compare him to Briegel for example, and theyre on two different levels.

P.S. I have nothing against a defensive/countering style except thats not our style of play. Its just defending with occasional flukes.
Di Biasi does put out competitive teams even if the most talented players aren't playing. I'm torn with the bunker system as it looks horrendous at times but it gets results. I think it's a system that suited us well at the time because we lacked talent but our players were very hard working and physical. Abrashi, Lila, Sadiku, Memushaj, Xhaka, etc, are cut out for this system.

Going back to Kuzhe it's hard to make comparisons. Take out the choke jobs and you'll see that we're playing top teams like France, Switzerland, Portugal competitively, something we've never done before. We'll have one "big" win against a team like Greece or Russia every few years but I don't think any of us would be proud of that anymore. As for the points tally that's a bit misleading because we finished fifth in that group with 9 points behind France, Bosnia, Romania and Belarus(we even lost to luxembourg). Bottom line is Di Biaisi has risen the standards of the NT and we all expect more now.

I'm interested to see what he does now though. I'll be very disappointment if he still sticks with guys like Lila and Kukeli as starters. Thank you for your service but it's time to move on. It sounds like Cana will retire which is unfortunate because we can still use his leadership on the NT and maybe he can play a few games at DM. We won't qualify for the World Cup due to the insane group but that being said it's a great time to bring in the next generation of talent. I hope guys like Rashica, Avdijaj, Cekici, Hadergjonaj, Pederdaj(for the DM position), Paqarda(LB) etc, get a crack
Migjeni

Lol, comparing Albania of today with that under Kuzha is like comparing Skenderbeu with Basel. While Skenderbeu can surprise 1 in 100 games, Basel is a solid club which will get results.

We can knock De Biasi all we want, but he's made a living being a coach while we can sit on these forums and bitch all we want. He's changed the mentality of our players to a certain extent, but there's still a lot to be done, but we're clearly progressing.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Kuqezijeti

Berisha
Hysaj. Mavraj. Ajeti. Aliji
Abrashi. Memushaj. Kace
Rashica. Sadiku. Lenjani

Subs. Hoxha. Shehi. Djimsiti. Rrahamani. Veseli. Xhaka. Basha. Roshi. Avdijaj. Gashi. Cikalleshi

This should be the square for Russia, it's a bit sad that Rama isn't used anymore as he trickery can cause other teams prbelems but somehow he went from being our best player during the world qualifiers by singlehandly scoring two goals on his own and tormenting the likes of Slovenia. Norway and Iceland. But knowing De Biazi he will do the same thing to Rashica like he did to Meha as he's too scared to play attacking football
  • Information