Albania at EURO 2016

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

If we go through we will probably play Germany or England....
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

We need any 2 of these outcomes:

1) Turkey to tie Czechs or beat them by 1 goal (anymore and it's bad for us)

2) Ireland/Sweden to tie/lose with Italy/Belgium.

3) Hungary to beat Portugal

4) Russia beats Wales by 3 goals

5) England beats Slovakia by 3 goals

6) Germany beats Northern Ireland by 4 goals

That goal we conceded vs. France last second of the game, might come to bite us back in the ass. Those million chances we missed today were ridiculous.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër

1 and 2 aren't out of the realm of possibility. I think those are their only real chances.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

What this win has done for us is that has turned Rashica , Rrahmani and Djimsiti into fans of the team by looking at their social media.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

9hNlOS07I3c
DpMfyuP3QtY
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Bilanci im:

Positive Shit:

1) A goal scored in a major tournament (finally)

2) Consequently, a win in a major tournament

3) Rise of Ajeti

4) Hopefully, some guys like Berisha, Sadiku, Ajeti can find a club.

Negative Things:

1) Loser mentality still persists. We only win games when the rest of the world doesn't expect anything of us. Can't handle pressure. Hopefully, now that the monkey of a major tourney is off the back, they'll stop choking in qualifers.

2) I think our attack is getting worse with time. Actually, this particular squad has probably peaked in late 2014.

3) DB is a coward, and his cowardliness is contagious.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

EURO 2016 ratings:

Berisha: Was pretty responsible for the bad/nervous start in the tournament. His blunder cost us the Swiss game but after that he bounced back, made many good saves and was solid in the other 2 games. His kicking is pretty awful but that's not that big of a deal. 6/10

Hysaj: He had a good tournament. Solid defensively and arguably the biggest offensive threat(although that says more about his teammates). Of course he was not "perfect", made a few mistakes and he seems to struggle against quick attackers but overall a satisfying performance from a true young pro. 7/10

Agolli: He keeps on shutting down haters with his performances. I wish he would do more offensively(like putting in more crosses but then again what are his targets?) but defensively I don't recall one mistake of his. He pressed well, broke up play and defended well. Solid like Hysaj. 7/10

Mavraj: I've been saying it for years and I'll say it again, this guy is the best defender Albania ever had. Elegant, composed, good in the air, timely interceptions, etc. Any minor mistakes are normal and understandable. 8/10

Ajeti: The most pleasant surprise of the tournament. Of course he showed signs before that he could be a starter but he pretty much solidified his place in the tournament and the fact that he benched Cana says it all. Like Mavraj - The 2 CBs were super solid. . 8/10

Cana: Maybe father time caught up to him... maybe too many emotions. Horrible mistake vs the Swiss but against Romania he showed professionalism and was positive when he came on from the bench. He deserves respect for his leadership. 4/10

Veseli: Came on in a bad situation and gifted France a goal. Then he didn't see any time. 1/10 The (1) is for participation.

Kukeli: We forgot how good he is but he showed us. Very professional and an intelligent player. Elegant, Made the safe pass, worked hard defensively. He pretty much did his job. 7/10

Abrashi: Ran the most in the team for 3 games straight. He's not the most skillful but he does a lot of dirty work and you need players like him if we're honest. 7/10

Memushaj: He's more creative/skillful than Kukeli/Abrashi, assisted the only goal in the tournament, ran a lot and created chances. He made mistakes but he had a tough job and did a bit of everything. A pleasant surprise like Ajeti 7.5/10

Xhaka: Flop of the tournament. Seemed out of form and emotional - which put him on the bench. he was awful when he came on vs France. His biggest highlight was those instagram pics with his brother. To be fair he was injured prior to the tournament so meh.. 3/10.

Lila: Typical Andi Lila. Warrior, fighting for every duel, solid defensively but absolutely nothing offensively and that was kinda his job too. 6/10

Kace: Didn't see many minutes. Came on and got a yellow card after losing the ball in midfield. At least he took down Behrami 2/10

Lenjani: Helped defensively but did nothing offensively. Not his fault that he's not an attacking player but before the Euros he showed some things offensively... this time it felt like he got exposed. Against France he had an opportunity to pass it to a wide open teammate in the middle but decided to take a weak ass shot from long range. 4/10

Roshi: Typical Roshi. Not much skill and end product but he was ok vs the Swiss and I liked his attitude vs Romania. 6/10

Gashi: Tourist. Messed vs the Swiss and then didn't see any minutes. Pictures/videos for social media was his highlight. 2/10

Sadiku: I would give him a 4/10 if it wasn't for the goal. He couldn't hold on to the ball for shit, every ball bounced away from his body and lost nearly every duel with the defenders, missed an absolute sitter vs the Swiss. On the positive side he ran and pressed like a maniac and eventually did score the only goal which was huge.. 7/10

Cikalleshi and Balaj no comment. Aliji didn't play. I don't know if I forgot anyone.
Zemi
Team: Albanian NT and Arsenal!
Been thanked: 0

I went to the Romania game. What an experience fellas...unreal
Plako
Team: Partizani

Zemi wrote:I went to the Romania game. What an experience fellas...unreal
Best atmosphere of all three games due to our huge numbers and obviously the win :

This chant was the best

https://vimeo.com/173479091

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andi2410

Man, that was the only game I didn't go to. And I had 4 tickets as well. It's ok, I watched it from the Tirana FanZone. Great atmosphere there too.
  • Information