Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The medium Albanian is shorter than a medium Serb, Croat, Montenegrin but it's almost as tall or taller that the medium Bulgar , Italian or Greek. Why Greece has a good Baskeball NT isn't the incidence of tall people in their population but the infrastructure , training, scouting and people liking basketball.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Gezuar Diten e Pavaresise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simboli i Diellit

Ka sens humori Mavraj :D
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote:The medium Albanian is shorter than a medium Serb, Croat, Montenegrin but it's almost as tall or taller that the medium Bulgar , Italian or Greek. Why Greece has a good Baskeball NT isn't the incidence of tall people in their population but the infrastructure , training, scouting and people liking basketball.

Idk about that man. I lived in a Greece for a number of years and you can seriously argue that Greeks are taller than Albos on average too.

I think future Albanian generations will be taller. The previous ones have just been malnourished. It was a similar scenario with West/East Germany. The eastern Germans were shorter and thinner than the westerns because they were under Soviet rule.
Simboli i Diellit

Dallku wrote: Idk about that man. I lived in a Greece for a number of years and you can seriously argue that Greeks are taller than Albos on average too.

I think future Albanian generations will be taller. The previous ones have just been malnourished. It was a similar scenario with West/East Germany. The eastern Germans were shorter and thinner than the westerns because they were under Soviet rule.
Most of the generations born till 1998 have severe malnutritional issues . Babies and kids up to 4-5 years old in Albania lacked normal nutrition , specially the babies during the first two years of life. If they had the same conditions as the Greek ones they'd be 8-12 cm taller at least. If you look the albanian kids born abroad compared to their parents it's quite a difference. Even new generations in Albania. Then you have exceptions that make the 5% of the standart deviation with man being over 195 or under 165 . That's a genetic limit , nothing they can do about that.

http://www.ennonline.net/fex/26/muac

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stunted_growth
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: It's a fact that Albanians are short in general, especially compared to our neighbors. Not sure why you get so sensitive about it. lol It is what it is.
Mate, Albanians differ within themselves massively, by region and generation.

I visit Albania every 2-3 years, and I have a lot of friends from eastern/southern Europe. I don't see the stuff you're talking about. That's not to say there is no disparity in the average, but anecdotal evidence is not scientific.

Find a study BY THE SAME SOURCE AND METHOD with a good sample size, and then you'll have a good argument. It's just stupid to make general statements based on anecdotal evidence. No I saw this guy here, and I saw this video with Rama there, my cousin told me about this other guy.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

All the Greeks I know are hairy, short and balding. Maybe Ledzep is too accustomed to these people that he assumes we're all like this?

And I'm pretty sure Northern Albanians and Kosovars are noted for being some of the tallest people in Europe. You guys project your insecurities about Albanians and assume it's fact for everything. "Believe me man Albanians are midgets" Lmao, got me!
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

artan wrote:All the Greeks I know are hairy, short and balding. Maybe Ledzep is too accustomed to these people that he assumes we're all like this?

And I'm pretty sure Northern Albanians and Kosovars are noted for being some of the tallest people in Europe. You guys project your insecurities about Albanians and assume it's fact for everything. "Believe me man Albanians are midgets" Lmao, got me!
Yeah man I went to Greece this summer and I was one of the taller people there. Idk why people think we're midgets in comparisons. Maybe poor old 70 year old Bashkim is 5'7 after 50-60 years of not having anything to eat, but Albanians are not naturally shorter. Anyone who believe that is just buying into Serbian propaganda.

Literally of all the Albanians I hang with I'm not even the tallest one. I'm 6' like I said but everyone else is 6'1. 6'2, or 5'11, 5'10 at the shortest. Why is that? Because we grew up outside Albania with all the right nutrients and vitamins.

Also here's why the short Albanians is a bullshirt excuse/myth:

- We're an inch taller than Romanians on average. Nobody calls them midgets
- We have the same average height (5'8-5'9) as Argentines, France, and Spain both of whom have had star ball players
- We're slightly taller than Brazilians and Nigerians both of whom had multiple NBA players
- We're only an inch shorter than African Americans on average

Now is someone going to tell me that one inch difference is why there all NBA players are African Americans?

All those other countries we have the same average height as have all challenged the united states or beaten them in basketball. Granted they're much bigger countries than us i.e. larger talent pool. But this goes back to my point, Montengero only had 500,000 people and they can produce NBA players. Why is that? They have the infrastructure...
Dallku

You guys(except Simboli who's reasonable) are sensitive about this subject. It is what it is. No big deal.
Dallku

artan wrote: And I'm pretty sure Northern Albanians and Kosovars are noted for being some of the tallest people in Europe.

The most famous Yugoslav stereotype for Kosovars is that they are short... ummm..
  • Information