Macedonia v Albania 9/5/2017

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 am That being said, I'm still not sure if we'll come away with a win. I'm feeling a 1-1 draw but I hope I'm wrong.
Called it. It's one of "those" end of the season "play for nothing" 1-1s that we got against Romania.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

A draw is a fair result if we're honest. That Roshi goal was pretty flukish and we didn't create nearly enough.

On the bright side 3rd place is pretty much guaranteed now which was always the goal.

Hyka and Lila had no business playing 90 minutes. Sadiku was beyond awful..
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Well at least the staff will understand that playing only Lila-Kukeli in midfield is a suicide.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Yeah at least we got 3rd place.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 pm Yeah at least we got 3rd place.
Israel can score 5-6 goals to Liechteinstein and reach us if they manage to draw Spain . (almost impossible scenario). We need at least another point to secure that third place althrough realistically we knew we would get 4 point max from the last 4 matches.
Dallku

We need Spain to beat Israel but they should.. even with their B team.
Simboli i Diellit

Pannucci should try to get Ajeti's brother, so far hasn't been capped by the Swiss.
Erik
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 am Pannucci should try to get Ajeti's brother, so far hasn't been capped by the Swiss.
Considering we went as far as to call up Balliu when we are already crowded at FBs shows that if Albian wanted to play for us he'd have been called up by now.
artan

We just got dominated in possession 58% to 42% to Macedonia. Let that sink in folks. But it's not really surprising considering we had a midfield pairing of Kukeli and Lila with Azdren Fucking Llalaku on the wings.

I'm really amazed how a guy like Lila continues to get inserted in the starting lineups while Xhaka, Abrashi and Memushaj are on the bench. There is some nepotism going on here. Bushi, Jupi, Bogdani, or whoever is forcing their boy Lila to get a big role in the match.

I thought our backline (Hysaj, Mavraj and Ajeti) played very well today. They made many key stops and blocks. Alioski began to tear us apart at the end of the match but that's nothing they can do about it either. Hysaj was our only offensive threat in the first half.

I thought Basha did a great job coming in the second half, probably the best performance I've seen for him in an Albanian shirt. Was a calming presence, was able to help keep possession and did a good job positioning himself defensively when we were caught off guard on the counter. Memushaj wasn't a bad sub either.

I don't know what to say about Azdren Llallaku. I don't want to know how he got himself in a starting role for Albania. He's like a poor man's Gashi. Throw anyone else out there Latifi, Grezda or Lenjani. Furthermore, was Panucci banking on Hyka playing like Messi out there?

IDK what to say. If we get dominated in possession to Macedonia we are gonna get embarrassed against Spain. I can see them scoring 4+ on us. Asensio isn't gonna miss those long range shots like Pandev did, Isco is gonna walk around our midfield..
artan

Erik wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 am
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 am Pannucci should try to get Ajeti's brother, so far hasn't been capped by the Swiss.
Considering we went as far as to call up Balliu when we are already crowded at FBs shows that if Albian wanted to play for us he'd have been called up by now.

Albian would probably accept a call up since his brother owes his whole career to the Albanian NT. We called up Baliu probably because they see Veselli as a hybrid CB/FB and figure Baliu can provide additional cover. Plus, Balliu is a starter in a League 1 team..

I personally would throw Hysaj in the midfield and start Balliu at RB. Can't be any worst than having Lila running around like a headless chicken out there.
  • Information