Do you/your parents know who Anne Frank is?

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

http://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/s ... on_so_chi/

After reading that Lazio legend Sinisa Mihajlovic does not know who Anne Frank is and the reaction to it by uppity westerners it got me wondering how common this ignorance of her is in Balkan countries.

I can say with almost 99.9% certainty that if I were to ask my father or mother if they knew who Anne Frank was they would not know as well.

If you went to school in Albania (I'm talking like the first 18 years of your life) did they teach you about Anne Frank? If you didn't go to school in Albania do you think your parents know who Anne Frank is?

I never learned about Anne Frank in school in America and I have never read her diary.

qmLQe_0DRMg
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

We had a piece of the Diary of Anna Frank in leterature. Def they had more important things to put inside the history books because they can’t teach you everything. I doubt that more than 5-10% of the Albanians know who she was or that ever heard her name. Football players are ignorant in these matters , if you ask them 100% would never know who she was if this Lazio issue hadn’t come up.

Ps. The Irriducibili are a bunch of idiots for starting this . Specially now that the team was doing good.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Both of them know who she was. Whether they learned it in Kosovë or here, I have no idea.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Plako
Team: Partizani

This is beyond ridiculous. Mihajlovic is a Serb and there were hundred of thousands of Serbs who died fighting the Nazis and in the Jasenovac concentration camp. They have their own dead to worry about.
  • Information