Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Minotti wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 pm Im probably going to LA very soon and was wondering if you know guys if there are albanian communities there? Dont have to be large ones.... I know most albanians are in NYC, detroit, boston and probably some other cities too. But havent heard much about LA
The only community that I've heard of is in Riverside, California (I believe it's near LA). I think some Kosovar refugees settled there after the war. I'm not sure how "big" the community is and I wouldn't expect much. California is just way out there.

Are you going for travel or moving altogether?
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I don't know why you're looking for Albanian communities in LA. If I went there, that'd be the last thing on my mind. If moving, that's different I guess.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

The only Albanians in LA are the ones thinking they're gonna be the next Van Dami.
Minotti
Been thanked: 0

Thx for the fast replies guys.

Im just going to visit actually and I was there this summer too. I enjoyed it and I think this was the first trip Ive ever taken that I didnt meet an albanian lol. I was surprised.

I'll visit Riverside and see if I can find an albanian restaurant.
Aurora Bulkualis

Yeah, not that many Albos out west. Most of them live in NY, NJ, Michigan, Penn.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Minotti wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am Thx for the fast replies guys.

Im just going to visit actually and I was there this summer too. I enjoyed it and I think this was the first trip Ive ever taken that I didnt meet an albanian lol. I was surprised.

I'll visit Riverside and see if I can find an albanian restaurant.
On my first and only visit in LA i ran into a couple of Albanians at a Starbucks in Rodeo Drive :)

The only place in North America where I haven't run into any Albanians is Montreal, although I know there are a few there. Even in San Juan, Puerto Rico I found one :)
Pjetër

Albanian Trump voters are about to start pretending they're Norwegians.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 amAlbanian Trump voters are about to start pretending they're Norwegians.
They belong to the superior aryan race so nothing to worry about there.
Aurora Bulkualis

How the f*** do you guys still keep that idiot in office. What an embarrassment.
Pjetër

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 am How the f*** do you guys still keep that idiot in office. What an embarrassment.
White people in America put being white above all else. They would rather have the United States go down in flames with a white guy as president instead of having a prosperous country where blacks and other racial/ethnic minorities can also succeed and have a good life.

You live in Canada so you have no idea just how much having a black president for 8 years has fucked up these people's minds.

Come hang around the parts of Michigan that are the suburbs of Metro Detroit (where I live) and you won't be surprised at all that these people love Trampi.

I'm not even bothered by the Americans around me it is when I see how Albanians around here act when it comes to their political and social views that really makes me sad. Malsorët e Jugosllavisë whose families came to America in the 60s are literally some of the worst people I have ever met in my life and no surprise they are also some of the biggest Donald Trump supporters I know.
  • Information