Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Selahi has already played for Belgium youth and by his interview he seems pretty comitted to our NT.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 amLindon Selahi, 19 year old midfielder playing for Standard Liege in Belgium is called up for the U-21. This is a good coup and he seems like a talented player. He had the option to play for Macedonia and Belgium (probably not good enough). I must say we have some okay midfielders coming through.
Albanian eligible to play for Macedonia will replace those who could play for Kosova now. I'm super happy about that. Too bad we lost out on Enis Bardhi, the dude's playing well in Spain where Sadiku failed miserably.
artan wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 amAlso that player Rexhbecaj has been called up for Kosova. I guess that ends the debate whether he was from Albania or Kosova since his first name was Elvis

Aha I had no idea they had Elvis in Kosova too. I've met so many Albanian Elvises and zero American Elvises so one could truly say it's a typical Albanian name by now :)
GaGa

Plako wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:52 pm Albanian eligible to play for Macedonia will replace those who could play for Kosova now. I'm super happy about that. Too bad we lost out on Enis Bardhi, the dude's playing well in Spain where Sadiku failed miserably.
Why would you be happy? Three milion albanian pop. in the old country, milions living outside of it, and you are happy that you are capping albanains from macedonia and kosova? I mean, Albania hasn't really stopped capping Albanians from Kosove either, they are doing it even with those from Kosovan superleague.

"You" didnt lose on Enis Bardhi also, he outright refused Albania when he understood that he had more chance of success with the maceodnian u21 which qualified for the euro finals, in a tourney he was spotted by lavante.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

GaGa wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:12 pm "You" didnt lose on Enis Bardhi also, he outright refused Albania when he understood that he had more chance of success with the maceodnian u21 which qualified for the euro finals, in a tourney he was spotted by lavante.

Yeah, because no Albanian player in the EUROs could have been spotted by Levante. I wonder where Sadiku came from.

The problem is not getting spotted, it's actually having skill. Real talent will always shine through regardless of where you play. Manaj was playing at Inter, and he's a Serie C player. Bare played for Atletico Madrid from Fier.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

GaGa wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:12 pmWhy would you be happy? Three milion albanian pop. in the old country, milions living outside of it, and you are happy that you are capping albanains from macedonia and kosova? I mean, Albania hasn't really stopped capping Albanians from Kosove either, they are doing it even with those from Kosovan superleague.
I have no idea who you are but am assuming you're one of the XT posters who just changed his nick so we can't tell who you are.

As for me being happy it's because I see OUR Kombetaren as the only all-inclusive pan-Albanian platform where we express our identity as one people. Unlike you, who seems to cherish the division between our people, I see no distinction between a Prishtinali, Shkupjan, Tetovar, Vlonjat, Tiranas or Strugan. I don't follow Albania because we play amazing football, I follow because it's the only team that represents me as an ethnic Albanian. Unlike you, I don't let petty things get in the way of supporting my people.
GaGa

Nonsense. The same tune from some immigrant Albanian who is so out of touch with the reality.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

GaGa wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm Nonsense. The same tune from some immigrant Albanian who is so out of touch with the reality.
And you're 'in touch' with the reality?
Plako

GaGa wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm Nonsense. The same tune from some immigrant Albanian who is so out of touch with the reality.
Yeah we all seem to live in paralell realities, that's for sure.
Plako

GaGa

Plako wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:49 pm
Yep, you live in the lala land. Go ask a Prishtinali how long is the procedure for him to be handed Albanian citizenship( this is just one example of the cold harsh reality).

The matter of fact is Albanians outside of todays Albanian borders are excluded from everything apart from the cherry picked players. 0 choaches/trainers, 0 staff part of the football federation, 0 influence on how to run the football federation, 0 influence on who they can elect to run the football federation. This is the cold harsh reality.
  • Information