Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

I swear when Ndoj plays he's automatically the other team's best player. He's actually not an anti-footballer but makes so many mistakes. DMs and CMs should be the most careful in the team but he's a possession loss waiting to happen.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Man this is a complot against Panucci swears Duka in his interview. The complot is Panucci, he is putting players through the field without knowing what to do . He needs to get fired ASAP.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 pm Man this is a complot against Panucci swears Duka in his interview. The complot is Panucci, he is putting players through the field without knowing what to do . He needs to get fired ASAP.
These players should win this game regardless of Panucci's tactics. It just shows our bench is garbage.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Gavazaj shooting 40yard long shot on his left foot in the last minutes...guy thinks he’s Messi and can’t even get by a gibraltar level defender all match..shocking
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Moving forward, the only way this team can compete and actually have good chances to score is with Grezda Sadiku and Roshi up front. These arent even amazing players but they are miles and leagues ahead of what Panuci has been fielding lately. We also need to quit starting random players like Ramadani and Lila in midfield. That was probably the worst midfield duo ive ever seen in my life. Hes got to start the proven players like Xhaka Basha and Kace and even Memushaj over Gavazaj/Ndoj/Ramadani.
artan

I was watching bits and pieces of the games. I couldn't understand why Manaj was playing as a winger and Grezda as a striker. Worst of all Panucci was playing with three strikers (Balaj, Manaj and Vrioni) and Uzuini and Gavazaj in the second half. We don't have one decent striker at the moment (Manaj might be that) but yet Panucci loves to play them all at once.

Everytime I watch this team I keep thinking this team lacks balance and an identity. Under GDB we had balance (Despite bunkering) and an identity of bunkering and countering. We had pitbulls in the midfield and pacey wingers in Lenjani and Roshi. With Panucci it's something new every game and he's playing three useless strikers at once.

As for the parts of the match I remember I'll give my ratings:
-Gavazaj looked bad (I'm completely wrong about this guy..),
-Xhaka looked like our best offensive threat again,
-Grezda looked out of form and missed a goal he should have put in
-Manaj looked ok and his typical pitbull self
-I saw ramadani launch a 5 meter pass into the stands lol,
-Lila was always a good fullback in my opinion (there was a time where we all raved about him as a fullback...) Not sure why he always plays in the midfield.

Overall we controlled possession in the first half but couldn't do anything with it. We got burnt on the counter several times. Didn't really watch the second half so couldn't say anything about that but I saw Balaj strike a free kick back to Shkoder, Why is this guy taking free kicks lol?

Even though Jordan is a far inferior opponent we should be better against Israel as Hysaj will be back and hopefully Lenjani and Basha will be inserted. We may win 1-0 or something but it won't matter because were still gonna lose to Scotland.
artan

Like I said before this team needs an overhaul.. I'm not sure what's happening with the FSHF but I wouldn't put it past them that they are calling up shitty diaspora players on purpose. Why? Not sure. Maybe it's because they have an agreement with Kosova and Switzerland? Maybe they want to show us they are trying to recruit players but they aren't good enough? Maybe they don't like getting rejected by diaspora players and want them to beg to play? Maybe they don't want to get in anymore trouble with FIFA for poaching players of different nations(after the whole Skenderbeu disaster?). Who knows but something is there.

If the FSHF aren't serious about calling up quality diaspora players then atleast call up guys like Asani and Trashi. I think both can provide some width and pace that we desperately need. I do not want to see goon strikers like Balaj play as a winger or someone who is slow like Gavazaj. I also think the Uzuini call up is good even though it's ironic in a sense.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

We didn’t have any wingers during the first half. With the 3:5:2 lineup you need fast fullbacks/wingers .

- Berisha wasn’t tested at all and he was nervous as hell. Being benched both at club and NT made him loose that bit of confidence he had.

- Veseli should be only ad backup at our NT. He makes way to many mistakes, or probably more than we were used to at CB position.

- Djimsiti was decent, he doesn’t have an accurate long pass or throw forward like Mavraj does but he is quite good in covering spaces and in air.

- Mavraj is still one of our best players even when out of form. Hopefully he’ll get fit now that he is playing for Aris.

- Mihaj , so unfortunate to get injured that way. I really hope it’s not a ligament . This guy is promissing, a typicall old times “stopper” that can go forward just like Cana .

- Binaku , i’ll give him the benefit of the doubt . He was playing with Xhaka on the wing and didn’t have any threats defensively.

- Dermaku , guy is quite slow (slower than Mavraj) but decent in air. I have higher hopes on Mihaj though. Usefull as backup , the Cb position during the quelifiers we saw that we need at least 4-5 of them considering injuries, playing time ect ...

- Lenjani , seems he is back . Like the old times but during the second haf when he got in we were playing the 4:3:1:2 formation and had defensive duties. He is a good alternative if we play the three CBs as he can dribble and is probably better than the alternatives we have on the left.

- Ndoj , he has good passing abilities but he can’t hold the ball. I thought he would become the next Kukeli but hell he isn’t even close to Basha /Memushaj level. He loses the ball so easily and doesn’t hold it . He seeks for fauls and falls down like pear at the first contact. In serie B they would’ve given them as fauls but international football has more contact . Guy needs more confidence and has to dribble/pass at least a guy by creating numeric superiority in midfield. If he can’t do it against a team like Jordan then he isn’t ready to play for our NT .

- Xhaka , we can all agree he is the example all our players should follow. He was everywhere in field fighting at every contrast , recovering balls and building up the game.

- Lila , having him at the NT this long to surpass the caps of Tare , Haxhi and co shows us what is wrong at our FA. This was his first cap in like two years or so. I’m not saying he is taking the spot for Kace or others knowing that the coach is call everykind of diaspora player left out there instead of calling Kace but even the lockerroom excuse doesn’t hold anymore. Typical muscle no brain player.

- Ramadani, he excelled with Partizani and with a second division Danish team . It’s not fair he is getting caps with the NT while there are other in Superliga at the same level or better than him. He has bricks in his feet . He is light years away from the talent/quality we were/are used to see in our midfield. Even the Klodian Duro’s and Edvin Bulkus of this world could pass and hit the target better than him. Such a downgrade.

- Grezda , he is out of form as he admited at the interview after the match . Can’t judge him to be fair, he had his first training two days ago after the injury he picked with his team. Still he should’ve buried that chance , hit the goalkeeper rather than trying a technical movement by putting his body forward trying to get the right corner of the net.

- Myrto Uzuni , at the end of the day after us bashing him he wasn’t a bad choice at all . He did more than the likes of Gavazaj or others althrough he was out of position and our striker (both Manaj and Balaj) stood in the same line very close to each-other thus making it easier for the opponents to hold/cover them.

- Gavazaj was only fighting to get faulls, during the whole game he did only one decent pass to Grezda.

- Balaj , thank him for the years and the goal in Portugal . Time to cash the pension for him.

- Manaj , he seems the only alternative to Sadiku and he fights unlike the “teddy bear” Balaj he tries to recover balls and can hold/build up game.

Conclusions :

We all understand that to build up teams you have to test them. Panucci has had a lot of chances to do his tests. But success for a coach is measured by winning games and getting results at least where it counts. If he loses against Israel and Scotland at home i’ll be asking for his head along with the one of Duka. He was the one willing to bet all in an unexperienced coach . At that point makes only sense of giving the team to an Albanian coach that knows the rooster and the capabilities of each player. Even Hasi or a superliga coach would do .
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

He needs to scrap that 3-5-2 garbage. As soon as he switched to that vs. Scotland we conceded. Our attack is completely sterile with it. We can't even score in friendlies against Jordan.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Israel 2-1 Scotland.

Interesting result for the group.
  • Information