Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

It's crazy! Players celebrating victory against Andorra as they were Spain. Ismajli was lucky , a decent ref would judged that handball penalty. Against opponents as Andorra is important to get three points and kudos to the players for doing that.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 pm It's crazy! Players celebrating victory against Andorra as they were Spain. Ismajli was lucky , a decent ref would judged that handball penalty. Against opponents as Andorra is important to get three points and kudos to the players for doing that.
My thoughts exactly. This is such a deceiving performance because your gonna have the manager thinking someone like Balaj deserves a start because he scored against some amateurs. The other players think that it was all Panucci’s fault and now they are suddenly ready. They beat some amateurs and start celebrating like they qualified.. But that’s what this team does best. They feast on the amateur teams like Lichtenstein and get dismantled by teams with some sort of quality.

Meanwhile you look at the body language of kosova and their whole squad was mad because they blew three points against Bulgaria despite outclassing them for 90 minutes.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Meanwhile you look at the body language of kosova and their whole squad was mad because they blew three points against Bulgaria despite outclassing them for 90 minutes.
Really?? All I see on social media is them celebrating the draw at home like a victory. The "performance" is being used as an excuse but just take a look at Bulgaria's team nowadays.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bulgari ... erein/3394

No one worth over 2 million. That looks like an Albanian superliga all-star squad.

If you want to see deceiving just look at the opponents they have beat in recent years. Against Montenegro, Czech Republic and Macedonia it will be interesting. I feel like they will come down on earth..
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Dallku wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:43 pm
artan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Really?? All I see on social media is them celebrating the draw at home like a victory. The "performance" is being used as an excuse but just take a look at Bulgaria's team nowadays.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bulgari ... erein/3394

No one worth over 2 million. That looks like an Albanian superliga all-star squad.

If you want to see deceiving just look at the opponents they have beat in recent years. Against Montenegro, Czech Republic and Macedonia it will be interesting. I feel like they will come down on earth..
You just called Bulgaria professionals when they were up 0-1.

I don't use social media, but as far as the actual players, they were clearly upset that they didn't win the game and were not ok with the draw. They know how bad Bulgaria is. I agree, they still have much to prove once they go up against those 3 teams you mentioned. But there's no denying that they play with quite a bit of confidence. Especially for a new team.
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

LMAO I just realized that on Bulku's wikipedia page they used a photograph of a picture of his time at Tirana.

Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Been thanked: 0

Honestly, I see no reason to replace Bulku. All memes aside other than Zidane, Mourinho or Pepe there is no coach who can really elevate this team to qualify for this tournament. Why waste a campaign with some shit Italian coach who will leave in a year or two and create even more inconsistency? Bulku will take us to the promised land.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Been thanked: 0

Also, Kosova will pass Albania in quality pretty soon. They play a much more beautiful game, moving forward all the time, and are all out attack. I would be shocked if they don't qualify through the playoffs. Ironically, if Albania and Kosova are pretty much exact opposites of each other. If they were combined it would be a solid team.
Dallku

Shpati wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

You just called Bulgaria professionals when they were up 0-1.

They are compared to most opponents Kosovo has faced and grew their reputation on. Don't get it twisted though, Bulgaria is still incredibly poor. In fact I was surprised when I looked at their team.
Dallku

Players like Rrahmani, Kollolli, Vojvoda, Shala, their Yugo gk, Muriqi, Kryeziu, Voca, Xhemajli, Halimi, being seen as some sort of super talents because they beat a bunch of amateurs is criminal. These are all below average players at best.

Ironically Kosovars are already turning on Zhegrova.. When they start to face better teams it will be interesting. That's all I'm gonna say.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Aro is Man City's backup. He is decent.
As for the others everyone knows they are bad/below-par already.
It's just Rashica and Celina who really hurt.
  • Information