Discussion: New Lineup under Reja? Formation/new callups

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.68 KiB) Viewed 7250 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (135.8 KiB) Viewed 7250 times
RedFootballs

This line-up looks to be more or less final after most of the U21's were released from NT duty. Din Sula, Drilon Kryeziu and others have been sent back to the U21's.

New Callups :
Agim Zeka's inclusion is a disappointment unless it is subject to change as there are many other prospects playing on the wing who could have used that spot and could have been capped. It is a shame that the new manager's first lineup of his Albania tenure has not included any prospects whom he could have convinced to play for Albania with his extensive managerial experience. In terms of wingers, Florent Muslija - plying his trade for Hannover in the Bundesliga - and Jasir Asani spring to mind, one of whom has been vocal about his desire to play for the NT and who has had excellent form with title-winning Partizani.
Omar Imeri would have also been a better selection.

Sergio Kalaj's call-up represents good vigilance from Reja but it could be too early in Kalaj's career to warrant a cap, especially considering he is barely a rotation option for Lazio's Primavera side. Another young defender, Angelo Ndrecka, has played a full 90 minute match for Chievo Verona in the Serie A and is a consistent starter for their Primavera side - he could be considered to have deserved this spot more than Kalaj.

Bruno Telushi's inclusion comes as a huge surprise considering the apparent exclusion of Emanuele Ndoj from the lineup who has had a brilliant season with Serie B title-winners Brescia, scoring 3 and assisting 6 goals. Telushi has had good form with Partizani himself, but he has never played outside Albania - Ndoj is simply much more proven, even at the tender age of 22, and this selection is definitely questionable at best.

Esat Mala's prospective call-up has been waiting a while now and he has been ready for the jump to senior level for some time. He has had a great season with Partizani and his eligibility for Kosovo makes this call-up a good one from Reja. His impressive performances for our U21's will have done no harm in Reja's appraisal of his abilities.

This squad includes many more Superliga players than ones compiled by previous managers, and could be the start of many lineups including more domestic talent. Whether the players are good or not, it can only serve to benefit the Superliga as more of its players are taken into Albania's set-up.
RedFootballs

Agim Zeka has been removed from the squad, the other call-ups still remain.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Djimsiti is having a small surgery while the 19 years old Marash Kumbulla of Verona will take his place.

After Veseli’s team relegating to Serie B seems the number of Albanians in Serie A won’t change much. Ndoj’s team got promoted and we’ll see during this week playoffs who’s the other team joining Serie A. Marash Kumbulla’s Verona or Patrick Pasha’s Cittadella ?
RedFootballs

Empoli nearly survived as well, just one goal away. Went down on goal difference.....
Only new call-up is Marash Kumbulla who all of you seem to like so hopefully this one goes well.
artan

Very disappointed with the list. Same old players called up with 0 new call ups. Balaj and Cikalleshi are called up despite being absolutely allergic to scoring goals (3 league goals combined for these chumps), Ramadani and Qose aren't NT caliber players,. I'm guessing we're gonna try the same midfield of Xhaka, Memusha (or abrashi)j and Basha for the thousandth time and hope they somehow turn into players they're not? But I guess we're gonna count on Roshi to save the NT because apparently he's the golden boy according to Albanian media and everything will be fine when the benchwarmer playing in Russia returns from injury. But atleast Sadiku is back because he actually deserves the praise he gets.

Really sucks for us that Manaj and Bare haven't been allowed to join the NT for club duty (I assume this is why they weren't called up).
Princ

artan

Princ wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:03 pm
artan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm Very disappointed with the list. Same old players called up with 0 new call ups. Balaj and Cikalleshi are called up despite being absolutely allergic to scoring goals (3 league goals combined for these chumps), Ramadani and Qose aren't NT caliber players,. I'm guessing we're gonna try the same midfield of Xhaka, Memusha (or abrashi)j and Basha for the thousandth time and hope they somehow turn into players they're not? But I guess we're gonna count on Roshi to save the NT because apparently he's the golden boy according to Albanian media and everything will be fine when the benchwarmer playing in Russia returns from injury. But atleast Sadiku is back because he actually deserves the praise he gets.

Really sucks for us that Manaj and Bare haven't been allowed to join the NT for club duty (I assume this is why they weren't called up).
I agree Ramadani dermaku qose balaj are not nt level .. the problem is there is no good talent to call anymore..the diaspora kosovars have us as their fourth option behind the diaspora country, kosovo and serbia. They are not coming anymore, it has nothing to do with us not calling them..this is why our future looks so bad and as for Roshi he’s our best attacking player everytime he plays...rexhbecaj muslija shabani toma or whoever other kosovar diaspora ur thinking of, we will not see even in our dreams play for us.. but hey at least he sent telushi back home
There are Albanian players from Macedonia like Nedim Bajrami who can't represent Kosova, several players in the diaspora set up are originated from Macedonia. And most players won't care if it's Kosova or Albania, thy will select the team that gives them the best option to play and the best for their career. Look at Ardijan Ismajli and Dermaku who switched over to us after not being after to feature for Kosova. It's as simple as that.

Even if they don't call up diaspora players the NT needs new players and competition. Call up players like Jasir Asani, Endri Cekici, Keidi Bare, even Taulant Seferi, etc. Someone like Jasir Asani probably will sign for a team in Turkey this summer and all of a sudden he'd be called up (like what happened to Uzuni) or worst of all we might lose him cause the FSHF are ignoring him. These guys aren't world beaters but I know I've watched Balaj and Cikaleshi not being able to score a non penalty goal for the NT for like 5 years now, when are we gonna just give up on these guys. Same with Ramdani, Basha, Binaku, Ajeti as well. Roshi shouldn't have been called up either because he's out of form and has barely played this year.

And that's a cheap shot calling Serbia their country.
Princ

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Btw Manaj got injured and Bare can’t leave for team duty.
  • Information