Stadiums

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 amSo it does indeed look like Kukesi will get a new stadium Like I mentioned earlier 50% finance by Gov't and 50% financed by federation. I don't know the final cost and other numbers and if it changed from earlier estimates of 5 million. Expected to be finished in 2019. I hope it's not 10 million investment as they simply don't need that and half will be pocketed.
Building a new stadium in Kukes is such a waste of money. Kukes is a dying city. They need to build in Durres/Vlore
artan wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 amBTW, Kosova are building a frenzy of new/renovated stadiums. It's actually very impressive what they're doing. In a span of 2 years almost all of their major cities have got a new or renovated stadium.
Kosova will be miles ahead of Albania in a decade. They have so much pent up energy waiting to explode and have no cancer like Duka. Very happy for them.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Finally the stadium is on it’s way to finish. Good chances by march-June we’ll play qualifiers there.
Simboli i Diellit

Kosova’s national stadium project :
https://telegrafi.com/prezantohet-proje ... e-kosoves/
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm Kosova’s national stadium project :
https://telegrafi.com/prezantohet-proje ... e-kosoves/
I kinda don't see the point. Just invest the money in improving the sporting infrastructure already. I'm guessing that new stadium has some severe political/corruption ties.
artan

So the Kukesi stadium is official. 5 million euros and should be finished within the year.

I gotta hand it to Safet Gjici. This guy took a football club from a small city and made it the country's best team over the past 8 years (excluding Skenderbeu). This guy is probably gonna have the best stadium in the Superliga as well. In interviews he's talking about setting up youth academies in Prizren, setting up the airport in Kukes so diaspora can take day trips to catch a Kukesi match. This guy is playing chess while all the other owners are playing checkers (or accepting small bribes to fix matches). He is a visionary for Albanian football. Too bad we don't have more owners like him.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:55 am So the Kukesi stadium is official. 5 million euros and should be finished within the year.

I gotta hand it to Safet Gjici. This guy took a football club from a small city and made it the country's best team over the past 8 years (excluding Skenderbeu). This guy is probably gonna have the best stadium in the Superliga as well. In interviews he's talking about setting up youth academies in Prizren, setting up the airport in Kukes so diaspora can take day trips to catch a Kukesi match. This guy is playing chess while all the other owners are playing checkers (or accepting small bribes to fix matches). He is a visionary for Albanian football. Too bad we don't have more owners like him.
That’s great , need more guys like him if we wanna take the next step in football instead of constantly holding ourselves back
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:55 amSo the Kukesi stadium is official. 5 million euros and should be finished within the year.

Dude not sure how well you know Albanian domestic football but investing in football in Kukes is the dumbest idea ever. He's doing it for political reasons as he wants to get elected either mayor or get a parliamentary seat in Kukes where his investment will pay off handsomely. Kukesi can't get more than 2-3k/game for high profile matches. Honestly any other teams in Superliga would have higher attendance than Kukesi if they were challenging for the title like they have done for the past decade. Kukesi is an aberration that will go away, like Skenderbeu, once Gjici is tired of throwing money its way.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Plako wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 pm
artan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:55 amSo the Kukesi stadium is official. 5 million euros and should be finished within the year.

Dude not sure how well you know Albanian domestic football but investing in football in Kukes is the dumbest idea ever. He's doing it for political reasons as he wants to get elected either mayor or get a parliamentary seat in Kukes where his investment will pay off handsomely. Kukesi can't get more than 2-3k/game for high profile matches. Honestly any other teams in Superliga would have higher attendance than Kukesi if they were challenging for the title like they have done for the past decade. Kukesi is an aberration that will go away, like Skenderbeu, once Gjici is tired of throwing money its way.
It's true that Kukesi cannot draw more than 5k maybe even for Europa League, I think the NT are gonna make use of this stadium a lot more than Kukesi.
Even if Gjici is throwing money at Kukesi for a seat in Parliament so be it, it's only gonna benefit Albanian football.
Simboli i Diellit

Like Plaku said : Gjici is doing it more for political reasons. Kukesi and Skenderbeu are the two teams that have fixed and bought more matches than the whole superliga teams altogether. After Arena Kombetare will be built like the contract says the National team is tied to play games there for decades. Gjici wants to get his hands at the Kukesi airport concession and he’ll get it in conpensation of the “investment” the government and the FA make on the stadium. Noone does anything without getting something in return. People fail to see the potential of Kukesi airport would have for nothern Albania and south of Kosova.
  • Information