Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

RedFootballs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am
artan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 am
RedFootballs wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm We need to call up Omar Imeri ASAP. His NT situation is exactly like Bardhi's back in the day. History is doomed to repeat itself hmm?
Imeri is called up to the U21 so we're okay for now.

I think we're gonna lose Jasir Asani tho. He's not called up for the NT and he's been vocal about his desire to play for the NT. If we keep rejecting him he's gonna select to play for Macedonia real soon as he said it himself. It's a shame because he's probably the best player in the Superliga currently and the best player on Partizani (yet a few other Partizani players get called up). I think he can help us on the wings. He kinda reminds of Bernard Berisha.
Maybe his potential move in the summer can help put him on NT radar. He is 100% the best winger in Superliga but I think his age held him back in this NT? Idk because they called up Telushi and he's 28. Maybe doesn't fit nepotism requirements lol.
I think what most confuses me is the call up of Agim Zeka. This guy has made a single sub appearance for a relegation Dutch side this whole year.
Drilon Kryeziu as well. At least call Ndrecka.
I think Zeka, Kryeziu and some of others are called up for the U-21 but right now Reja is having some sort of mini training camp with youth players before the official list is released and many players are released for NT duty.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:50 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 am
artan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 am

Imeri is called up to the U21 so we're okay for now.

I think we're gonna lose Jasir Asani tho. He's not called up for the NT and he's been vocal about his desire to play for the NT. If we keep rejecting him he's gonna select to play for Macedonia real soon as he said it himself. It's a shame because he's probably the best player in the Superliga currently and the best player on Partizani (yet a few other Partizani players get called up). I think he can help us on the wings. He kinda reminds of Bernard Berisha.
Maybe his potential move in the summer can help put him on NT radar. He is 100% the best winger in Superliga but I think his age held him back in this NT? Idk because they called up Telushi and he's 28. Maybe doesn't fit nepotism requirements lol.
I think what most confuses me is the call up of Agim Zeka. This guy has made a single sub appearance for a relegation Dutch side this whole year.
Drilon Kryeziu as well. At least call Ndrecka.
I think Zeka, Kryeziu and some of others are called up for the U-21 but right now Reja is having some sort of mini training camp with youth players before the official list is released and many players are released for NT duty.
Hey that's good. So we've still got more weird selections to come.
Maybe he can call up Lenjani or Asani.
Would be happy to see Imeri make a cameo.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I know there is a low chance of this happening but if we could convince Bastien Toma to join Albania I'd be overjoyed. At 19 he has made 31 appearances for Sion and scored 3 goals and assisted 6.
Lenjani plays for Sion so I am really hoping Reja can call him up and get him back into favour with FSHF so that Toma can ask him for a opinion on Albania if he was approached by FSHF for nationalisation - this would be a steal for us.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Seems Grezda left because they left him out of the starting lineup for the following two games. This prick puts his own agenda ahead of NTs interests, guy hasn’t been playing and isn’t fit also in search for a new club apparently.
Princ

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 pm Seems Grezda left because they left him out of the starting lineup for the following two games. This prick puts his own agenda ahead of NTs interests, guy hasn’t been playing and isn’t fit also in search for a new club apparently.
This story is unacceptable but although grezda hasn’t been cutting it at rangers, he should always be a starter for our team. We have nobody better on the wings, it’s only grezda and Roshi who deserve those spots. Uzuni is not what the albanian media says he is, he is a headless chicken out there..I hope this is not permanent because at this point we can not afford to lose grezda!!
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Enea Mihaj seems will be moving to Portugal or Serie A next season. He is considered one of the best prospects in Eastern Europe:

http://www.footmercato.net/autre-champi ... est_242827
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Thinking back on it, have we ever had a team this bad individually ever since the fall of communism? We have players playing regularly in Serie A like Strakosha, Hysaj, Gym, but 2/3 of them are clearly system players that's not going to translate well to the NT. Tare and Bogdani were way better than what we have now in offence. We'd go to Germany and score 2-3 goals. Of course we had loser mentality so we'd never win, but in terms of individual quality we were better than now imo. Skela in his prime was actually quite talented, and we had prime Cana to beef up the midfield.

As much as I think Rashica is super overrated (mid-table Bundesliga player), it's quite clear we desperately need a player like him. At best we get starters in Croatia or whatever like Uzuni, and that's not going to cut it. Everyone else is a sub. As much as Roshi performs for the NT, he's not going to single-handedly lead us to qualification.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:06 am Thinking back on it, have we ever had a team this bad individually ever since the fall of communism? We have players playing regularly in Serie A like Strakosha, Hysaj, Gym, but 2/3 of them are clearly system players that's not going to translate well to the NT. Tare and Bogdani were way better than what we have now in offence. We'd go to Germany and score 2-3 goals. Of course we had loser mentality so we'd never win, but in terms of individual quality we were better than now imo. Skela in his prime was actually quite talented, and we had prime Cana to beef up the midfield.

As much as I think Rashica is super overrated (mid-table Bundesliga player), it's quite clear we desperately need a player like him. At best we get starters in Croatia or whatever like Uzuni, and that's not going to cut it. Everyone else is a sub. As much as Roshi performs for the NT, he's not going to single-handedly lead us to qualification.

I was too young for the NT at that time but Igli Tare has less international goals than Sadiku despite playing twice as much matches. Statistically speaking Sadiku is probably the best NT striker we've had but he wasn't as good club level as Bogu or Tare. And I remember from 2009 - 2012 we were calling for Bogdani to retire from the NT, he was the equivalent of what Lila or Balaj (Bogu was much older when he was getting criticsm) is currently. Sadiku's injury has set him back but I think he'll be back to form next year.

I think the player we missed the most was Altin Lala. That guy was class in every aspect. Ervin Skela was probably slightly better than Memushaj imo, I'm not sure if he'd have a place in our lineup today. A young Cana was also a bull that was physically dominant even though he regressed relatively early in his career but he was still a great leader and captain for the NT in his later stages. I think those early Albanian teams had a few decent players but also had a few borderline amateurs starting, the likes of the Admir Teli's and those superliga esque players. Even tho we still suck those players have been wiped out of the NT currently. Although Di Biasi fucked up by not capping up Rashica and Zeneli later he still did good by assembling a core to replace those amateurs and that core is still the backbone of our current squad.
Princ

artan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:06 am Thinking back on it, have we ever had a team this bad individually ever since the fall of communism? We have players playing regularly in Serie A like Strakosha, Hysaj, Gym, but 2/3 of them are clearly system players that's not going to translate well to the NT. Tare and Bogdani were way better than what we have now in offence. We'd go to Germany and score 2-3 goals. Of course we had loser mentality so we'd never win, but in terms of individual quality we were better than now imo. Skela in his prime was actually quite talented, and we had prime Cana to beef up the midfield.

I was too young for the NT at that time but Igli Tare has less international goals than Sadiku despite playing twice as much matches. Statistically speaking Sadiku is probably the best NT striker we've had but he wasn't as good club level as Bogu or Tare. And I remember from 2009 - 2012 we were calling for Bogdani to retire from the NT, he was the equivalent of what Lila or Balaj (Bogu was much older when he was getting criticsm) is currently. Sadiku's injury has set him back but I think he'll be back to form next year.

I think the player we missed the most was Altin Lala. That guy was class in every aspect. Ervin Skela was probably slightly better than Memushaj imo, I'm not sure if he'd have a place in our lineup today. A young Cana was also a bull that was physically dominant even though he regressed relatively early in his career but he was still a great leader and captain for the NT in his later stages. I think those early Albanian teams had a few decent players but also had a few borderline amateurs starting, the likes of the Admir Teli's and those superliga esque players. Even tho we still suck those players have been wiped out of the NT currently. Although Di Biasi fucked up by not capping up Rashica and Zeneli later he still did good by assembling a core to replace those amateurs and that core is still the backbone of our current squad.
Those other teams had balanced scoring because they were good offensively and didn’t rely only on bogdani even tho he was 10x as good as sadiku even at older ages. but we were weak on defence. Bogdani tare are not even comparable to sadiku.. sadiku is a joke bogdani and tare played in serie a and had pretty good careers for an albanian.. our team now is made up more of defensive players and we lack attacking..unless kace grezda roshi cikalleshi xhaka abrashi are making up the 4-5-1 then we don’t have much chance to score. It’s not surprising to plays defensive players and not come anywhere close to the net like our coaches do
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 am

Honestly, Sadiku in his prime (2015-2017) was a decent scorer, but he's clearly been past it for a while.

And yeah DB fucked up by not capping those dudes. He's capped a ton of other randos, and now our attack is sterile.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information