Albanian teams in Europe 2019 - 2020

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 pm I was making comparisons with different sports to show that corruption exists everywhere, not only in albania. Do you really believe big champions league matches like Barcelona liverpool this year 3-0 to 0-4 where not fixed? Every year we see this kind of bullshit in champions league.. even leagues like nba have clear match fixing. Albania is unlucky to be a small country, an easy target to be picked off and made a example
Barcelona vs Liverpool?
No no no no way.
They would have to bet a astronomical amount to make more money than they would by playing in the final and that is certain to be picked up.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 pm
Princ wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 pm I was making comparisons with different sports to show that corruption exists everywhere, not only in albania. Do you really believe big champions league matches like Barcelona liverpool this year 3-0 to 0-4 where not fixed? Every year we see this kind of bullshit in champions league.. even leagues like nba have clear match fixing. Albania is unlucky to be a small country, an easy target to be picked off and made a example
Barcelona vs Liverpool?
No no no no way.
They would have to bet a astronomical amount to make more money than they would by playing in the final and that is certain to be picked up.
Believe what you want, champions league is full of bullshit just like all other sports. From fixing the draw to fixing the matches and so on..
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

What incentive do multi millionaire footballers have to fix matches?
Princ

Pjetër wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:26 am What incentive do multi millionaire footballers have to fix matches?
These same multi millionaires were fixing them in Italy. If it already has happened before why are people so quick to deny it. Who’s to say the business model skenderbeu used isn’t being used by other big clubs who are protected. Fifa/uefa is known for corruption, don’t be so quick to believe what they tell you
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

From what I know about the 2006 match fixing in Italy it was team general managers and officials. Were any of the players involved? Are there examples of teams the caliber of Barcelona/Real Madrid/Manchester United allowing suspicious goals to go through to help achieve certain gambling lines?
Plako
Team: Partizani

Lol Barca - Liverpool fixed??? I think I've heard it all. I agree that the CL draws can be fixed and that Barca players probably are all doping but let's not get crazy and turn everything into a conspiracy theory. Everyone who has followed Serie A, even prior to the match fixing scandal, knows that a lot of the league matches are fixed, hence nobody giving a shit about a league that once Europe dominated in the 1990's.
artan

The big leagues may have been fixed 30-40 years ago but there's way too much money at stake nowadays. Qualification for Champions League (reaching a top 4 finish) in one of the big leagues gives teams alot of money. Relegation out of a league like the EPL will lose a team I think a hundred million because of TV money and sponsorships. Advancing each round of the CL gives a team prize money of tens of millions not including other revenue from ticket sales, merchandise, extra advertising, etc.

Bottom line is there's so munch involved in the big leagues. A team throwing a game away for a quick dollar would be insane because getting relegated or not going through to the next round will lose them significant money and can set the team back a few years.. That dilemma doesn't exist in a league like Albania where revenue sources are non-existent. Albanian teams are so poorly run and so inept that the only way they can get money is to fix games. None of them can qualify for Europe, none of them can develop players to sell, none of them attract fans to the game, merchandising/sponorships/etc are non-existent, etc.

Edit: Like the other guy said if there were fixing it would probably be the officials kinda like in the 2002 WC Finals how FIFA blatantly tried to push Korea to go through with a definite fix against Italy.
artan

So Partizani lost today. All Albanian teams have officially been eliminated. Pitiful.

Also apparently Kukesi may be in trouble from UEFA because last year's match between Kukesi-Kastroti looked to be fixed. And to think I was defending Kukesi and Gjici. Honestly, three teams (Skenderbeu, Luftetari and Kukesi) should all be heavily penalized by FSHF. Albanian football is dead.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 amAlso apparently Kukesi may be in trouble from UEFA because last year's match between Kukesi-Kastroti looked to be fixed. And to think I was defending Kukesi and Gjici. Honestly, three teams (Skenderbeu, Luftetari and Kukesi) should all be heavily penalized by FSHF. Albanian football is dead.
Hey man, at least you owned up to it.

Welcome to Albanian domestic football :zgerdhimje:
Dallku

Don't forget that Platini is no longer UEFA president because of potential corruption. That's a freaking football icon who was supposed to be the face of European soccer and look how that turned out.

I also don't think top clubs like Liverpool, Barca, etc fix games but the tier below them? Definitely. Don't forget that all these players have family and friends and sports betting is bigger than ever. If you had let's say a cousin who was a pro player wouldn't you ask him for "advice" on how a game of his might turn out? It's human nature.

UEFA suspending teams for corruption is just bullshit picking and choosing. So far they have only banned Skenderbeu and some village Macedonian team from years ago. Are they the only teams responsible for match fixing in the entire continent? Hell no. They were just the easiest to make an example out of. Simple as that. I know for a fact that Olympiakos has been fixing games for 60 years but UEFA would never ban them because it interests them for Greece to be represented in Europe.
  • Information