Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

plisi
Been thanked: 0

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm At this point it's not even about their abilities. Ismajli is ok and Xhaka/Abrashi are still good on paper but they aren't getting younger and these qualifiers are done. Have to look forward. The team is not united right now. They are not playing with enthusiasm and motivation at all. The only solution is to break up the two groups and focus only on one.
While I agree that there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm and motivation in the NT in no way do I agree with the reasons you've mentioned.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

plisi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm At this point it's not even about their abilities. Ismajli is ok and Xhaka/Abrashi are still good on paper but they aren't getting younger and these qualifiers are done. Have to look forward. The team is not united right now. They are not playing with enthusiasm and motivation at all. The only solution is to break up the two groups and focus only on one.
While I agree that there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm and motivation in the NT in no way do I agree with the reasons you've mentioned.
Ismaijli is young though.
CanaYouDoIt

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 pm What we need is albania and Kosove to be one and then all will be ok
No thanks! I don't want be part of criminal organisation who fixes matches in the international level.
What’s this nonsense , Albanians all need to fight under the right flag , right colours , right anthem . We’ll be stronger that way ...
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 pm Albania would pretty much be Azerbaijan without the Kosovars. f*** we currently are on the same level as Azerbaijan.

I know Dallku is trolling but even half of the youth talent currently are coming up are from Kosova/Macedonia. I don't want to double down on the trolling but the Greek ones have absolutely no loyalty. Strakosha misses half the NT matches when they aren't important because he thinks he's too good for the NT while Berisha is always down to play, that greek guy Mihea after being capped by us said to the media it's a mistake to pick Albania over Greece as he doesn't feel Albanian, Durmishaj switched first chance he could and he'll never even play for Greece while he would have been starting for us, etc. You all laughed at the Kosovars accents when they first came but atleast they can speak Albanian, the new players from Italy/Greece don't even speak Albanian or have Albanian names.

The real problem which we all know is to be true is that former Superliga players always get a guaranteed place in the lineup. We've seen over the years that guys like Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Salihi, Agolli, Roshi, Ramadani, etc, always get a place in the lineup. Players from Albania are just not good enough and are borderline amateur. Just look at Roshi the other day having the ball slip through his feet, falling asleep and getting burnt on the first goal. A player with his size and speed should be playing in the premier league but he's got a peanut for a brain so therefore he's a bench player for every eastern european team he goes too. And don't get me started about the other guys. The media promotes Balaj as "Bomberi Shkodran" who only scores weak goals from a foot away against Andorra and gets guaranteed a place in the starting 11. These guys always get passes and it's never their fault.

If we had Januzaj and Shaqiri in the team you would be right but the Kosovars we have are VERY replaceable. You don't notice a difference when Xhaka plays and when he doesn't. Abrashi is a pitbull but he hurts you a lot on the ball. It's a give and take thing with him. They are(or used be?) hard working players but when the motivation falls they don't have the talent to compensate for it. Mavraj, Berisha, Ajeti, etc are all beyond finished. Who else is there? Dropping and replacing them is very easy but who has the balls to do it?

Who are those "youth talent" coming up?? Let me guess.. more born and raised diaspora products who have absolutely no connection to Albania and will always choose to play for their main countries if they are good enough. I think it's embarrassing if Albania even bothers to continue approaching players like that. That's no different than approaching those random Argentinian players of "Albanian ancestry".

Albania needs to focus and promote its own products just for the sake of bringing enthusiasm back. Even Albanian products like Strakosha, Hysaj are not happy, they're not playing happy. There is a very negative energy in the NT and if you remove the unmotivated Kosovar clan you'll see a major difference.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:19 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:22 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 pm What we need is albania and Kosove to be one and then all will be ok
No thanks! I don't want be part of criminal organisation who fixes matches in the international level.
What’s this nonsense , Albanians all need to fight under the right flag , right colours , right anthem . We’ll be stronger that way ...
Kosovo is not province, albanians from Kosovo are not second hand people. If we ever want to be united under one state the perception about kosovars should change in Albania.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 pm
artan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 pm Albania would pretty much be Azerbaijan without the Kosovars. f*** we currently are on the same level as Azerbaijan.

I know Dallku is trolling but even half of the youth talent currently are coming up are from Kosova/Macedonia. I don't want to double down on the trolling but the Greek ones have absolutely no loyalty. Strakosha misses half the NT matches when they aren't important because he thinks he's too good for the NT while Berisha is always down to play, that greek guy Mihea after being capped by us said to the media it's a mistake to pick Albania over Greece as he doesn't feel Albanian, Durmishaj switched first chance he could and he'll never even play for Greece while he would have been starting for us, etc. You all laughed at the Kosovars accents when they first came but atleast they can speak Albanian, the new players from Italy/Greece don't even speak Albanian or have Albanian names.

The real problem which we all know is to be true is that former Superliga players always get a guaranteed place in the lineup. We've seen over the years that guys like Balaj, Cikaleshi, Lila, Salihi, Agolli, Roshi, Ramadani, etc, always get a place in the lineup. Players from Albania are just not good enough and are borderline amateur. Just look at Roshi the other day having the ball slip through his feet, falling asleep and getting burnt on the first goal. A player with his size and speed should be playing in the premier league but he's got a peanut for a brain so therefore he's a bench player for every eastern european team he goes too. And don't get me started about the other guys. The media promotes Balaj as "Bomberi Shkodran" who only scores weak goals from a foot away against Andorra and gets guaranteed a place in the starting 11. These guys always get passes and it's never their fault.

If we had Januzaj and Shaqiri in the team you would be right but the Kosovars we have are VERY replaceable. You don't notice a difference when Xhaka plays and when he doesn't. Abrashi is a pitbull but he hurts you a lot on the ball. It's a give and take thing with him. They are(or used be?) hard working players but when the motivation falls they don't have the talent to compensate for it. Mavraj, Berisha, Ajeti, etc are all beyond finished. Who else is there? Dropping and replacing them is very easy but who has the balls to do it?

Who are those "youth talent" coming up?? Let me guess.. more born and raised diaspora products who have absolutely no connection to Albania and will always choose to play for their main countries if they are good enough. I think it's embarrassing if Albania even bothers to continue approaching players like that. That's no different than approaching those random Argentinian players of "Albanian ancestry".

Albania needs to focus and promote its own products just for the sake of bringing enthusiasm back. Even Albanian products like Strakosha, Hysaj are not happy, they're not playing happy. There is a very negative energy in the NT and if you remove the unmotivated Kosovar clan you'll see a major difference.
Albania had opportunity to cap Muriqi,Avdijaj,Rashica,Zeneli, Rrahmani, Vojvoda but FSHF has choosen Bulku,Lila instead.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Dallkus idea is ok but we would be even worse than we are now, we’d be Luxembourg level but we would be playing with more passion..passion can only get you so far though talent and experience are also needed. One thing we need to do for sure is piss away the 5-3-2 and start playing players in position and it should bandage things up a bit for tomorrow. If the players at our disposal are used correctly we can put up a fight but for how long this formation is being run albania will not have any success!
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Andi Lila insinuating the Minister being from Kosove did remove them the. Diplomatic passports on purpouse. http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/andi-l ... e-te-mire/

The climate inside the NT has been very bad since post euro finals wcqualifiers campain .... we need so badly a fresh restart. Remove all the old guard +25 years old players and replace them with young prospects. Even those playing in low tiers or superliga talents will have more motivation to do better...
Dallku

Princ wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:55 pm Dallkus idea is ok but we would be even worse than we are now, we’d be Luxembourg level but we would be playing with more passion..passion can only get you so far though talent and experience are also needed. One thing we need to do for sure is piss away the 5-3-2 and start playing players in position and it should bandage things up a bit for tomorrow. If the players at our disposal are used correctly we can put up a fight but for how long this formation is being run albania will not have any success!
Taulant Xhaka is preventing Albania from reaching Luxembourg level? I don't think so.

We don't have game changers in this team. Everyone is more or less equal in terms of talent. The talent level right now is no different than when we qualified for the Euros and were competitive against everyone. The difference is that right now we lack what we had: Motivation, enthusiasm, tactics(PLAYERS LISTENING TO THE COACH), etc. It has nothing to do with the players ability individually. If you replace Abrashi with Gjasula and Xhaka for Bare there is no difference in quality. If anything you might be adding something more.

If you look at Kosovo right now the talent is deceiving. They don't have any special talent in their team. Valon Berisha is easily their best player and he's a benchwarmer at Lazio. Right now they have that beginners enthusiasm/energy that Montenegro used to have before they crashed and burned. Montenegro also had a way more talented team than Kosovo has right now.

If you guys have been following football for a while then you know how fast things change. Careful jumping on bandwagons.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

These Shqipni-Albanians are lucky that Kosova has given them some of their players to experience what true talent looks like. Without these master race Dardans they'd still be Liechtenstein level.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
  • Information