October 11: Turkey vs. Albania (Match Thread)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:29 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:16 pm Mavraj and Berisha won’t get called . Selahi and Selmani are the new addons.
This Selahi guy is interesting. He's a starter for FC Twente which has always been a decent team but this season they seem to be struggling. Last week they lost to Feyernood 5-1 and Selahi was subbed off at minute 57(Not a good sign but maybe it was just an off game? ) Today they play again so lets see if he starts.
He got benched.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Turkish NT players in Italy are swimming in bad waters . Calhanoglu and Under have been shadows of themselves. Hopefully this is the case for their whole roster . While our players bar Djimsiti and Hysaj have played and most of them scored this week which brings up positive atmosphere and it’s up to Reja to manage this. No excuses.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:11 pm Turkish NT players in Italy are swimming in bad waters . Calhanoglu and Under have been shadows of themselves. Hopefully this is the case for their whole roster . While our players bar Djimsiti and Hysaj have played and most of them scored this week which brings up positive atmosphere and it’s up to Reja to manage this. No excuses.
They barely beat Andorra with an 89 minute goal. Still we're going to lose 2-0.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 am Image
Good to see some young boys in the squad , I like Seferi, actually got some quality on the ball .
Dallku

Decent list. Reja is slowly renovating the team for the next qualifiers. Still, Ramadani being in there ahead of Xhaka and Kace is silly to say the least. Maybe because Xhaka doesn't accept the bench? I don't know but Ramadani is not NT material. Will never be..

I think Seferi is an internet created talent who rode his patriotism into fans liking him and forcing him in the NT. He's having a very underwhelming season in Switzerland, mostly a reserve for a shit club. Cekici would be more interesting to try out.

Also, time to say thank you to Memushaj and move on.

The old man always goes for 5 in the back so this could be realistic and interesting

----------------------Strakosha----------------
Hysaj--Ismajli--Kumbulla--Djimsiti-Lenjani/Veseli
--------Abrashi--Gjasula--Bare---
--------Cikalleshi/Rey--Roshi-

Roshi the savior has to play even though he can't play in his position.
artan

When I watched Seferi play for the U21 he seemed okay and talented with the ball (although lacking pace). But he hasn't done much this season in the first division so he doesn't warrant a call up but I'd rather see him than Balaj so why not. It's really sad that Sadiku doesn't get called up as he's the only consistent striker for the NT and the only one that can actually score (tap ins vs Moldova and Luxembourg don't count). This would have been a good time to call up someone like Mergim Berisha at forward just to see what he can do.

I don't get why Qose and Ramadani both called up. Might as well call up a young superliga "talent" to promote them as it's pretty much the same quality. A waste of two roster spots.

And is Mihaj even good? I saw he hasn't featured for PAOK this year at all and isn't even on the bench. Is he gonna be back to a village team in Greece in 1-2 years?
artan

Looks like Hysaj picked up a really bad injury with his neck. Hope he’s okay (in general).
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Holy f***. That could legit be paralyzing. It seems the other dude might have saved his life by holding his weight a little bit.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Damn hope he’s alright, fans like to criticize hysaj but he’ll be a big loss for us if he’s not playing..hysaj gives us consistency in his position and we always know what we can expect from him..he’s solid but maybe foolish fans are expecting 10 goals and 20 assists a season from a defensive right back
  • Information