Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

I never understood why albanians from MK are not allowed to run businesses in albanian rivera (beside Shëngjin, Durrës and Velipojë), they clearly have best culinary tradition among albanians. They had best chiefs in Yugoslavia and now we have third generation who are running family businesses. If they can run restaurants in top touristic destinations as Venezia,Vienna, Dubrovnik,Paris.....where the competition and diversity is unimaginable why they can't in Albania?
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:10 pm I never understood why albanians from MK are not allowed to run businesses in albanian rivera (beside Shëngjin, Durrës and Velipojë), they clearly have best culinary tradition among albanians. They had best chiefs in Yugoslavia and now we have third generation who are running family businesses. If they can run restaurants in top touristic destinations as Venezia,Vienna, Dubrovnik,Paris.....where the competition and diversity is unimaginable why they can't in Albania?
It’s not that they’re not allowed but they had no chance . Same with albanians from kosove who don’t run anything from Durres and below... Shengjin is full of Kosova restaurants and people comming from Kosove to work... the south of Albania it’s a different reality. They’re not leaning as much as Shengjin into renting the businesses out. Shengjin and Velipoje are like 8k small towns while they become 100k towns during summer while Vlore, Durres, Sarande have a big population yearround and can manage their own business/activities. Then you can’t have good restaurants who are built up and run only for 3 -4 summer months. Indeed the best places in North are mostly good local run fish restaurants and agritourisms .
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quality of food in Albania is shit in general. Maybe I've just had bad experiences, but honestly, it's shit. Same goes for Kosovë.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

I usually go to spots that my family recommends. In Diber there's only like 3 to 4 spots I really like.

I never went to random places because of food poisoning fears.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Migjeni wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:48 am Quality of food in Albania is shit in general.
That's nonsense...I've eaten all over Europe and North America and Albania has some of the best meat/fish. Even the fruit is 10x better there.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Migjeni
Been thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 am That's nonsense...I've eaten all over Europe and North America and Albania has some of the best meat/fish. Even the fruit is 10x better there.
That's not even true. Quality is shit. Fruit is better in southern Europe, yes. But fruit isn't prepared by anyone, lol. Can't take credit for our fruit, lol.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Pjetër

Shqiptarët hajn veç me mush barkun. Whenever I'm in Malsi I stick with qofte and kertolla. The meat they eat there is totally inedible to me.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Pjetër wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:43 pm Shqiptarët hajn veç me mush barkun. Whenever I'm in Malsi I stick with qofte and kertolla. The meat they eat there is totally inedible to me.
I brought some qofte for lunch today :)
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Kosovo finally will have a decent human being as prime minister. Albin Kurti is by far most articulated albanian politician and most honest one of our lifetime. It will be great news for albanians all over world because will have domino effect in Albania and North Macedonia political scene. Kurti is showing to all albanians , you can win elections without oligarchs money. PDK has spent one million dollar a day during campaign.l, while the whole Vetevendosje budget was 527k. People are sick and tired from commanders so the votes are buying won't be enough to keep the power.
Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:38 am Kosovo finally will have a decent human being as prime minister. Albin Kurti is by far most articulated albanian politician and most honest one of our lifetime. It will be great news for albanians all over world because will have domino effect in Albania and North Macedonia political scene. Kurti is showing to all albanians , you can win elections without oligarchs money. PDK has spent one million dollar a day during campaign.l, while the whole Vetevendosje budget was 527k. People are sick and tired from commanders so the votes are buying won't be enough to keep the power.
Don’t know anything about him or Kosove politics in general but I hope one of his main ideas is to join up with Shqiperi
  • Information