Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

artan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 am Maybe a 3-5-1 going forward.
The 11th man will be out collecting fans to fill up the stadium? lmfao
Princ

Artan on one hand you say you like the 5-3-2 but on the other hand you complain about not having pace and width, you are contradicting yourself... the whole point of the 5-3-2 is to clog up the middle, this is why it’s limiting us by not letting us play down the wings which is our only hope at a goal against the stronger teams. So it’s either width and pace or the 5-3-2, it cannot be both....
artan

Princ wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:56 am
artan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 am Maybe a 3-5-1 going forward.
The 11th man will be out collecting fans to fill up the stadium? lmfao
We're practically playing with 10 men with our current striker situation so why not?
Klejdi1023

Hello everyone, I’m new here on the forum. Just wanted to start off by saying you guys are deff knowledgeable on all things Albanian football, which is impressive and I’ve found this forum useful and informative. Our euro 2020 chances being over after the defeat to Turkey, we need to focus on the future and prepare for World Cup 2022. Qualification will be very hard to achieve but there are some things we can do now to maximize our chances. Right now we’re a pot 4 team, which clearly hurt us even in the euro qualification as we would have avoided Turkey and have played a weaker team instead. Our goal should be to get into pot 3 by the end of next year, I believe UEFA will divide the pots based on FIFA rankings after the end of the 2020 nations league in November of next year, so we have to schedule some good friendlies to earn as many points as possible and do the best we can in the nations league next year. Then we have to hope we get a good draw where the teams are not powerhouses like last time with Italy and Spain, or at least a pot 2 team we may be able to compete against like Russia or Czechia. The best we can hope for is a playoff spot and then see what happens from there, where we would face some very strong teams but making a playoff spot would still be a very good achievement for us and progress made.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm Hello everyone, I’m new here on the forum. Just wanted to start off by saying you guys are deff knowledgeable on all things Albanian football, which is impressive and I’ve found this forum useful and informative. Our euro 2020 chances being over after the defeat to Turkey, we need to focus on the future and prepare for World Cup 2022. Qualification will be very hard to achieve but there are some things we can do now to maximize our chances. Right now we’re a pot 4 team, which clearly hurt us even in the euro qualification as we would have avoided Turkey and have played a weaker team instead. Our goal should be to get into pot 3 by the end of next year, I believe UEFA will divide the pots based on FIFA rankings after the end of the 2020 nations league in November of next year, so we have to schedule some good friendlies to earn as many points as possible and do the best we can in the nations league next year. Then we have to hope we get a good draw where the teams are not powerhouses like last time with Italy and Spain, or at least a pot 2 team we may be able to compete against like Russia or Czechia. The best we can hope for is a playoff spot and then see what happens from there, where we would face some very strong teams but making a playoff spot would still be a very good achievement for us and progress made.
Wellcome Klejdi ,

The WC Qualifiers format has changed . I read somewhere that they’ll take into consideration the July 2020 rankings for the seedings in the WC 2022 European qualifiers draw . Passing through playoffs will be much difficult than before because the playoffs now consist in 2 rounds:

“ The 2022 World Cup will take place in December, due to Qatar’s extreme summer heat, and will consist of 32 teams. The competition will increase to 48 teams for the 2026 edition in North America. Europe will be given 13 representatives at the 2022 World Cup.

Initial reports are indicating that the World Cup qualifying process will consist of ten groups and the ten group winners will automatically earn a place at the 2022 World Cup. The ten groups runner-ups, along with two teams from the Nations League, will compete in the playoffs for the final three European places. The two UEFA Nations League spots will be reserved for the top two ranked teams from the 2020 UEFA Nations League, that have not qualified for the finals or playoffs via the qualifying process.

The playoffs will consist of two rounds. The 12 teams will be drawn into six pairs and the six winners will advance to the second playoff round. There, the six teams will be drawn into three parts with the three winners earning a ticket to the FIFA World Cup. The first and second round of playoffs are expected to take place over two legs. “
Klejdi1023

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:03 pm Hello everyone, I’m new here on the forum. Just wanted to start off by saying you guys are deff knowledgeable on all things Albanian football, which is impressive and I’ve found this forum useful and informative. Our euro 2020 chances being over after the defeat to Turkey, we need to focus on the future and prepare for World Cup 2022. Qualification will be very hard to achieve but there are some things we can do now to maximize our chances. Right now we’re a pot 4 team, which clearly hurt us even in the euro qualification as we would have avoided Turkey and have played a weaker team instead. Our goal should be to get into pot 3 by the end of next year, I believe UEFA will divide the pots based on FIFA rankings after the end of the 2020 nations league in November of next year, so we have to schedule some good friendlies to earn as many points as possible and do the best we can in the nations league next year. Then we have to hope we get a good draw where the teams are not powerhouses like last time with Italy and Spain, or at least a pot 2 team we may be able to compete against like Russia or Czechia. The best we can hope for is a playoff spot and then see what happens from there, where we would face some very strong teams but making a playoff spot would still be a very good achievement for us and progress made.
Wellcome Klejdi ,

The WC Qualifiers format has changed . I read somewhere that they’ll take into consideration the July 2020 rankings for the seedings in the WC 2022 European qualifiers draw . Passing through playoffs will be much difficult than before because the playoffs now consist in 2 rounds:

“ The 2022 World Cup will take place in December, due to Qatar’s extreme summer heat, and will consist of 32 teams. The competition will increase to 48 teams for the 2026 edition in North America. Europe will be given 13 representatives at the 2022 World Cup.

Initial reports are indicating that the World Cup qualifying process will consist of ten groups and the ten group winners will automatically earn a place at the 2022 World Cup. The ten groups runner-ups, along with two teams from the Nations League, will compete in the playoffs for the final three European places. The two UEFA Nations League spots will be reserved for the top two ranked teams from the 2020 UEFA Nations League, that have not qualified for the finals or playoffs via the qualifying process.

The playoffs will consist of two rounds. The 12 teams will be drawn into six pairs and the six winners will advance to the second playoff round. There, the six teams will be drawn into three parts with the three winners earning a ticket to the FIFA World Cup. The first and second round of playoffs are expected to take place over two legs. “
Thanks for the welcome. I hope UEFA does not take into consideration the July 2020 rankings as I doubt that would give us enough time and matches to climb up the rankings in FIFA to become a seed/pot 3 team. Also, since most likely teams in the next Nations League edition would only get 2 playoff spots in the WC 2022 European qualifiers play offs, the matches across all leagues, especially in leagues B and C, where we are, would mean more if teams have a chance to count those matches towards the FIFA rankings for the seedings to be based before the draw is made. That's why it would make more sense to me that UEFA considers the November 2020 FIFA rankings after all nations league matches have concluded. Regarding the playoffs, I admit it will be very hard to beat the likes of Ukraine and Switzerland over 2 rounds, but if we don't, we would still be happy to at least get there and continue to build for the next euro qualification in 2024 and qualify.
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Anyone know what the situation with Loret Sadiku is?
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

plisi wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 am Anyone know what the situation with Loret Sadiku is?
He can play only for Albania eventually...
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0

plisi wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 am Anyone know what the situation with Loret Sadiku is?
As far as I know, he's won the right to represent Kosova, but I'm not entirely sure.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
plisi

Migjeni wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm
As far as I know, he's won the right to represent Kosova, but I'm not entirely sure.
Googled it and it seems like Simboli is right. He can't switch either to Sweden or Kosovo and looks like he did burn the bridge with FSHF.

Solid player, both Kosovo and Albania could've used him.
  • Information