October 11: Turkey vs. Albania (Match Thread)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

do you think France would be anywhere near as successful if they only picked pure French guys?
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm do you think France would be anywhere near as successful if they only picked pure French guys?
Those players were born/raised in France . Huge difference. Just face the truth we’re not gonna get a Nigerian to play for us ; our national team is for our people
Princ

Albanian Damien wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 am
Princ wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:40 am
Plako wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 am

Who cares dude, he has zero connection to Albania. If he was born in Albanian or lives there then by all means call him up.
What connection did balliu have to albania? Jorginho plays for Italy, he moved there at age 15 like olayinka... why should other nations take talent and we leave it on the table when we’re already weak as it is.. what’s it to you what connection he has with albania? You are not taking him as son in law he is here to improve our weak nt, if he’s willing to play there is no reason to deny him
His last name is Albanian, his dad is Albanian, therefore his race is Albanian.

Jorginho had both an Italian and Brazilian passport before choosing which side to play for. Olayinka does not. We would literally have to gift him a passport to play for us. Which is pathetic.
Balliu is about as albanian as John cena :zgerdhimje:, real talk at least olayinka spent few years of his youth in albania whereas balliu spent bollocks there..we also went after tomas guidara the argentinian, is he albanian too? The hypocrisy of some fans is crazy, most of us are not living in albania ourselves, who are we to decide who should play and who shouldn’t...
artan

Princ wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm

What connection did balliu have to albania? Jorginho plays for Italy, he moved there at age 15 like olayinka... why should other nations take talent and we leave it on the table when we’re already weak as it is.. what’s it to you what connection he has with albania? You are not taking him as son in law he is here to improve our weak nt, if he’s willing to play there is no reason to deny him

Jorginho had both an Italian and Brazilian passport before choosing which side to play for. Olayinka does not. We would literally have to gift him a passport to play for us. Which is pathetic.
Balliu is about as albanian as John cena :zgerdhimje:, real talk at least olayinka spent few years of his youth in albania whereas balliu spent bollocks there..we also went after tomas guidara the argentinian, is he albanian too? The hypocrisy of some fans is crazy, most of us are not living in albania ourselves, who are we to decide who should play and who shouldn’t...
Agreed. I have to admit if Olayinka was European, lets say an Italian or Argentinian, that somehow found it's way to Bylis, he would have been capped much earlier by us and I think most of us would be cool with it as well.

But that being said I don't like the idea of capping up foreigners with no connection to Albania.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm Rewatched the match.
Of those who played we can build the next qualifiers on :
Strakosha, Dermaku, Ismaili, Veseli, Djimsiti, Bare, Gjasula, Manaj, Abrashi .

Need to be droped as soon as possible: Lenjani, Memushaj, Cikalleshi and Balaj.

I’m curious to watch Kumbulla, Seferi, Selahi.

Good bench Players: Roshi, Mihaj, Berisha , Selmani, Qose, Trashi.

For me it makes no sense calling Hoxha , Ramadani , Memolla and then send Kumbulla in the stands.

Next match doesn’t matter at all and even Andora beat Moldova . So if Kumbulla , Selahi, Seferi don’t get capped then they have all the reasons to get upset. From now on it’s all about giving a chance to youngsters and build for the next qualifiers.
We've never seen Qose or Trashi play for the NT. I don't think any of them are NT material and a few years Qose will be like Arbnor Fejzallahu who kept getting called up but never actually featured. I still think Lenjani is a decent player and is the left footed wing back we have.
Dallku

Olayinka already plays for Nigeria now. This discussion is pointless.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm
We've never seen Qose or Trashi play for the NT. I don't think any of them are NT material and a few years Qose will be like Arbnor Fejzallahu who kept getting called up but never actually featured. I still think Lenjani is a decent player and is the left footed wing back we have.
We never had seen Gjasula play either . That’s why he deserves a chance in the upcoming games , to show himself and judge him. From video hightligts he seems decent and reminds me of Kukeli a lot. We need to find a replacement for Lenjani and probably Trashi will do as good as him. When Lenjani plays his side is the most vulnerable and all attacks come from his side.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How much time did Freddie Veseli spend in Albania before capping? Or Taulant Xhaka? Or Granit and Xherdan Shaqiri? That is so disrespectful you would rather have a zezak mercenary who isn't even a talent play over a mergimtar who didn't forget atdhe.

Tomas Guidara is just as embarrassing as an example. Calling up Spanjol who never spent a day in Albania is pathetic.

It is degrading for the team to say Argentines and Nigerians are so much better than us we would rather try to call up their mediocre talent than dip into our own talent pool.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 pm
artan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm
We never had seen Gjasula play either . That’s why he deserves a chance in the upcoming games , to show himself and judge him. From video hightligts he seems decent and reminds me of Kukeli a lot. We need to find a replacement for Lenjani and probably Trashi will do as good as him. When Lenjani plays his side is the most vulnerable and all attacks come from his side.
Don't get me wrong I would like to see them play against Moldova to test them out. I just think it's strange to see they'll be good rotation players when they never played and are playing in inferior leagues. It's different compared to Gjasula who is a Bundesliga player while Qose plays in Slovakia..

This would have been a good game to test out Cekici as well. But to bad he was sent home.
Princ

Albanian Damien wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:23 pm

How much time did Freddie Veseli spend in Albania before capping? Or Taulant Xhaka? Or Granit and Xherdan Shaqiri? That is so disrespectful you would rather have a zezak mercenary who isn't even a talent play over a mergimtar who didn't forget atdhe.

Tomas Guidara is just as embarrassing as an example. Calling up Spanjol who never spent a day in Albania is pathetic.

It is degrading for the team to say Argentines and Nigerians are so much better than us we would rather try to call up their mediocre talent than dip into our own talent pool.
A “mergimtar who didn’t forget atdhe” is just another way of saying a player who couldn’t cut it for their diaspora country, just like all examples you mentioned yourself...forget the ”mergimtars” they couldn’t care less about albania, or they wouldn’t have gone sprinting..they are all mercenaries just like olayinka and if they say any different then they are lying to you.. Our talent pool is weak as shit, you are surely overestimating it and underestimating olayinka, he is not mediocre he is on the contrary very promising and I don’t say that about everyone..im with the idea of poaching the best possible talents to improve the nt and win football matches, its that simple
  • Information