Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

I don't remember anyone with a brain saying that Bogdani should be benched.

On Facebook a lot of people are asking for Hysaj to be benched and claim he's the worst player in the NT. That's what I was referring too. I'm guessing that type of people wanted Bogdani to be benched too. I wouldn't pay attention to them.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bogdani was a shit player. We only put him in in the last few minutes of games when we were behind, so he could make something in the air during the last minutes, when we had anyone better to play in the attack. He started when we didn't have better alternatives, which was almost all the time. But don't make him out to be something he wasn't. He was a poor man's Atdhe Nuhiu.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

artan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:04 am
As for the goal scoring we are actually scoring more now than we did back then and that's even when you consider the groups were larger back them. Example:
But but, that 3-2 Germany game
Shpati

I thought Bogdani was solid.

But I was disappointed in him and Cana during the Baric era. I thought Baric was our best coach. He had laughable talent. And I remember he resigned shortly after calling out some players (believe it was Cana, Bogdani, and a couple others). So I felt the team turned on him.

Don't get me wrong, Di Biasi, did great. But he had some luck and a influx of diaspora players. Baric had very limited talent. And the talent he had were usually undersized and slow. I'm surprised they were getting any results with guys like Muka, Rrustemi, and Dede.

The issue back then was all our good club talents were just plugin players for their teams. Bogdani gets a pass because he was a forward. But Skela, Duro, Lala, Mukaj, and Haxhi were all bad defensively. And Cana was bad too as a defensive midfielder. It was guys like Curri and Vangeli showing up. I remember Dallku getting burned all the time. Beqiri wasn't bad.

In the Di Biasi era, we had like 10 defenders every game, but at least every player wasn't a one trick pony and they were accountable for both sides of the game.
Dallku

Even though Bogdani wasn't a good poacher he still managed to score on Portugal, France, Denmark(twice), Ukraine(when they had Sheva), Montenegro's golden generation, Belarus with Hleb, etc. He had a very respectable career in general.

Albanians are not ready for this conversation but Lorik Cana as a DM is the most overrated player we've every had. Very few will admit that when Bulku took his place in midfield and Cana was moved to defense there was a clear upgrade. When him and Lala played together Lala was always better. Lorik was always was riding his club career and out of the field politics like nationalism. On the pitch he was far from solid.
Shpati

I felt most people realized that the team was much better off as Cana as CB rather than DMF. At least everyone I ever talked to....
Deni

Yikes I still have nightmares from that 2008-2011 team :shock:

A clubless 35 year old Skela and 35 year old Bogdani leading the attack, meanwhile the 36 year old captain Lala in midfield. Then how we could we forget Cana as the CB hoffing long balls to Duro on the wings :|
andi2410
Has thanked: 0

Deni wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm Yikes I still have nightmares from that 2008-2011 team :shock:

A clubless 35 year old Skela and 35 year old Bogdani leading the attack, meanwhile the 36 year old captain Lala in midfield. Then how we could we forget Cana as the CB hoffing long balls to Duro on the wings :|
LOL. Yup. Nightmares still to this day.
artan

So we can rule Kemal Ademi out. He says he's waiting for Kosova, Switzerland (lol) and Germany (even bigger LOL).

Good luck to him. Looks like Broja is called up.
Dallku

artan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:52 am So we can rule Kemal Ademi out. He says he's waiting for Kosova, Switzerland (lol) and Germany (even bigger LOL).

Good luck to him. Looks like Broja is called up.
Broja actually got called up by the u-19. Apparently they have a very promising generation and think they can qualify that's why Dede asked for permission to take him and a few others.

As for this Kemal guy, I don't know why you guys are still bothering with the mercenary Kosovar diaspora. We have so many young Albanians coming through and need to focus on them.
  • Information