Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Shpati wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:23 pm I felt most people realized that the team was much better off as Cana as CB rather than DMF. At least everyone I ever talked to....
True, but not because Cana was a better CB. It's because we had no CBs, and he went back. Cana was always better as a DM.
Migjeni wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:34 am Bogdani was a shit player.
Is every non-Kosovar a shit player to you? You realize this dude is the highest scorer ever for our NT? When you get Rashica or Muriqi to bully French defenders and nutmeg Lloris then you can call him that.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:04 am 2002 WCQ - 5 goals scored
2004 ECQ - 11 goals scored ( 8 matches) -> 1.375 goals/match (Tare/Bogu in their prime)
2006 WCQ - 11 goals scored (12 matches) -> 0.91 goals/match
2008 ECQ - 12 goals scored (12 matches) -> 1.0 goals/match
2010 WCQ - 6 goals scored ( 10 matches) -> 0.6 goals/match (lowest point. Bogu's decline)
2012 ECQ - 7 goals scored (10 matches) -> 0.7 goals/match
2014 WCQ - 9 goals scored (10 matches) -> 0.9 goals/match
2016 ECQ - 7 goals scored ( 8 matches) -> 1.0 goals/match (if you discount Serbia)
2018 WCQ - 10 goals scores (10 matches) -> 1.0 goals/match
2020 ECQ - 14 goals scored (8 matches) -> 1.75 goals/match
More like. We awarded 3 free goals for Serbia.

And I clearly pointed out that this is our highest scoring campaign EVER. I went back all the way to the 1940s to check. At the same time, most of our goals were against Andorra and Moldova (2/3rds).

If you look from 2010 to 2018, that's our lowest point. In 2004, we had our highest ratio: 1.375 goals/match.

Watch some of these games. It wasn't just against Germany.

6oc33YqK-jk

3nxpChYQjAA
Princ

This is how stats are deceiving, we are definitely not a better scoring team now than we were before, without a doubt..with the exception of the iceland game all our goals come against weak opposition. The attack is lethargic and has been for years until roshi (and maybe grezda) steps on the pitch..the kosovar diaspora players have given us decent midfields and defenders, but in attack they can not compare to the likes of our older generation. Unless you believe migjeni here who said bogdani is a poor mans atdhe nuhiu :zgerdhimje:. If this is the case then prime beckenbauer is a poor mans Fidan aliti
Aurora Bulkualis

To be honest, us beating Iceland 4-2, is definitely up there in terms of goalscoring prowess. Is it better than beating Russia 3-1 or EURO champs Greece 2-1, who even top teams couldn't score against them? Who knows, but it's close.

The point is don't downplay those teams. We had Hasi/Cana/Lala/Skela in midfield, Bogu/Tare up top, and Strakosha in net. That was a decent team, we just had 0 discipline or winning mentality. Plus D was suspect.

Now that I think about it, that midfield was stacked. 2 Bundesliga players, 1 French, and 1 for the best Belgian team.

Hasi - Anderlecht
Cana - Marseille
Lala - Hannover 96
Skela - Frankfurt
Princ

Iceland is not what they used to be and either way it was a flukey match that definitely does not tell the true story of our attacking problems..the iceland I saw that night was a shell of what they were a few years back
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

We can fully wish now to Loret Sadiku the career the Kabashi’s of this world had. He might be magjyp or turk, quite sure he doesn’t have even a drop of albanian blood in him ... i also saw the original interview (longer) in turkish (if you search news with his name query, you’ll find it). Now he has no excuses, no aliby or justification...

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/nese-l ... hqiperine/
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:15 am Is every non-Kosovar a shit player to you? You realize this dude is the highest scorer ever for our NT? When you get Rashica or Muriqi to bully French defenders and nutmeg Lloris then you can call him that.
Yes.

So what if he's the highest scorer for our NT? That doesn't say much. He has like 15 goals for the NT or something. Big deal. Even Sadiku is within that reach, although he isn't called up now. He could easily break that record.

Lol. "Bully French defenders"? Are you kidding? They literally ran into one another and he didn't even strike the ball right, but still managed to score. It wasn't because of his ability that he nutmegged Lloris. If that's his career highlight, that tells everything about him. Bogdani's golden age was 7-8 years prior to that. And even then he wasn't what you're making him out to be. We simply didn't have better strikers at the time.

Regaring Rashica, he's is on fire. We'll see if he keeps it up in the coming years. If he doesn't, he'll be just as shit when his career ends. The same goes for Muriqi, although the Turkish league isn't as strong, so we will have to wait to see him in another league, before we can judge him with someone playing in one of the top leagues, but he's a much more complete player than Bogdani. He's faster, has better technique, a better shot and works a lot more on the field. Bogdani was better in the air than Muriqi, although Muriqi isn't bad, but he should be much better, as he's quite tall.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:20 am To be honest, us beating Iceland 4-2, is definitely up there in terms of goalscoring prowess. Is it better than beating Russia 3-1 or EURO champs Greece 2-1, who even top teams couldn't score against them? Who knows, but it's close.

The point is don't downplay those teams. We had Hasi/Cana/Lala/Skela in midfield, Bogu/Tare up top, and Strakosha in net. That was a decent team, we just had 0 discipline or winning mentality. Plus D was suspect.

Now that I think about it, that midfield was stacked. 2 Bundesliga players, 1 French, and 1 for the best Belgian team.

Hasi - Anderlecht
Cana - Marseille
Lala - Hannover 96
Skela - Frankfurt
And you can make the case the current team is "stacked" as well. Bogdani and Tare weren't even goal scorers so for a team like Albania they're kinda useless. And Skela has to be one of the most overrated players in NT history. I'd take Roshi over him any day and I'm not even trolling on that one.
Princ

What do you mean bogdani and Tare would be useless for albania right now... we are in desperate need of all around attackers who can are not allergic to the ball and are decent at finishing. Prime bogdani and tare would fit like a glove in our team
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:58 pm Bogdani and Tare weren't even goal scorers
Lmfao what? Tare scored against Germany and Russia, Bogu scored a brace against Shevchenko's Ukraine away and France. They scored big goals.
artan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:58 pm And Skela has to be one of the most overrated players in NT history.
??? This dude was a Bundesliga midfielder, could take set pieces, was super creative.
artan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:58 pm And you can make the case the current team is "stacked" as well.
The reason we never achieved jack shit, was because we played open, disorganized football. An open game = individual quality. Our team's individual quality is no greater now.

Like come on, you see that lineup vs. Norway, that we won 1-0, you can't fucking tell me that's any better than back those days. Is Bulku in midfield better than Hasi or Skela or Lala? The only thing is we had discipline and a game plan.
  • Information