Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Yes it’s everyone else fault except xhakas, carry on brother...and on the other thread I made it clear I’m no politician nor do I claim to be and I don’t know history politics or whatever else but I do know sports and I know a fraud too when I see one..this is a sports forum not a biggest patriot competition and as everything else in life goes, the ones who shove it up your ass the furthest are the biggest fakers
plisi
Been thanked: 0

Princ wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 pm Yes it’s everyone else fault except xhakas, carry on brother...and on the other thread I made it clear I’m no politician nor do I claim to be and I don’t know history politics or whatever else but I do know sports and I know a fraud too when I see one..this is a sports forum not a biggest patriot competition and as everything else in life goes, the ones who shove it up your ass the furthest are the biggest fakers
That's all fine if you stay out of those topics, then?

I never said Xhaka was clean. I'm just pissed when people bring patriotism up for no reason. You can be a partiot and stupid at the same time. Why should the decision of these guys to play for Albania be questioned whenever they do something stupid?
princ1

plisi wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 pm
Princ wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 pm Yes it’s everyone else fault except xhakas, carry on brother...and on the other thread I made it clear I’m no politician nor do I claim to be and I don’t know history politics or whatever else but I do know sports and I know a fraud too when I see one..this is a sports forum not a biggest patriot competition and as everything else in life goes, the ones who shove it up your ass the furthest are the biggest fakers

I never said Xhaka was clean. I'm just pissed when people bring patriotism up for no reason. You can be a partiot and stupid at the same time. Why should the decision of these guys to play for Albania be questioned whenever they do something stupid?
The thread the comment was under is albanians abroad not free your mind..I just briefly answered simboli question nothing political about it at all, just said I dont mind either country
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

plisi wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Plisi is right here, Xhaka can be a bitch but it doesn't have to link to patriotism.
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Has thanked: 0

I just wanted to comment on a couple of things that keep popping up:

It is hypocritical to call every diaspora player a mercenary or traitor. We all immigrated for a better life. That is why it's also not weird for them to want to play for the country that they grew up in, especially if it would advance their career. Unless you actually live in Albania you have no right to call out the diaspora.

We can drop the Olayinka bullshit once and for all? He's a below-average zezak. He plays in Superliga FFS. If we are going to degrade ourselves by buying foreign players then let's buy an Argentinian or a Brazilian or an Italian or German or Frenchmen. Someone actually at our a higher level than our league.
artan

Albanian Damien wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:38 pm I just wanted to comment on a couple of things that keep popping up:

It is hypocritical to call every diaspora player a mercenary or traitor. We all immigrated for a better life. That is why it's also not weird for them to want to play for the country that they grew up in, especially if it would advance their career. Unless you actually live in Albania you have no right to call out the diaspora.

We can drop the Olayinka bullshit once and for all? He's a below-average zezak. He plays in Superliga FFS. If we are going to degrade ourselves by buying foreign players then let's buy an Argentinian or a Brazilian or an Italian or German or Frenchmen. Someone actually at our a higher level than our league.
This doesn't sound well but I think it comes from a regional bias (or w/e you wanna call it). Until recently majority of the diaspora players were Kosovar diaspora. Some of these players were outspoken against FSHF and then the other diaspora players who we failed to get were outspoken against the unprofessionalism of the FSHF (G. Xhaka, Behrami, Durmisi, Bardhi, etc). Also one of the biggest reasons for the label is that our diaspora players weren't good enough to play for Switzerland or Italy.

But I do think Albanians are very regional/clan like people (at least from what I've seen from Kosova and Macedonia). It's why diaspora players with origins from Albania aren't seen as diaspora. Nobody calls Hysaj, Strakosha, Memsuhaj, etc, diaspora players when they are.

Maybe also the fact that at one point we'd pretty much have a starting 11 of Kosovar diaspora probably triggered some people?
Princ

Albanian Damien wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:38 pm I just wanted to comment on a couple of things that keep popping up:

You’re wrong about olayinka, he’d be a great improvement but I’ll leave it there.. you’re right I’m a diaspora myself and this is why I know first hand the attitudes of diaspora players who weren’t born and raised in albania, it becomes even more exaggerated when the diaspora is kosovar and they have 3 nts to choose from. It’s a case of it takes one to know one in this situation, and also not being in denial about the mercenary nature of immigration either

Also Artan you should realize that the reason these diaspora players who refused our nt come out and criticize fshf is too maintain support among the fans, knowing fshf will not clap back. If these players who refused us come out openly and admit it like valon behrami they will be shunned by the naive albanian public. In this case honesty is not the smartest way to go
artan

They may have been shunned 10 years ago but I think the opinion has changed significantly. I think many Albanians now think why would they ever want to play for Albania when they can play for a professional NT like Switzerland?

I also think we all know that the diaspora wouldn't play for us if they were good enough for Switzerland. That's not up for debate and anyone with common sense can see this. But that still doesn't make the players mercenaries as they still play with alot of passion and probably more so than the domestic players who feel entitled and become mythical legends since the journalists support them (guys like Cika, Balaj, Lila, Roshi). I also have my own theory that since the FSHF are made up of former superliga and albanian NT rejects that they are against diaspora players and favor domestic players instead but this is my own theory.

One last thing I wouldn't be surprised if FSHF dropped the ball on some of the players that refused us. Every sign points to FSHF falling to nepotism, corruption and sheer incompetence.
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0

Not always true, though.
Some of the players who have chosen Kosova could have played for other teams.

- Arbër Zeneli would easily have been called up for Sweden.
- Valon Berisha was part of the Norwegian NT.
- Ibrahim Dreshaj (Dresevic) would also have had quite a big opportunity to be called up by Sweden.
- Hadergjonaj did get is Swiss debut for the NT. He might have gotten another shot, if he had waited.
- Celina would easily have been called up for the Norwegian NT.
- Herolind Shala was called up by both the Albanian and the Norwegian u21, but he chose the Albanian.
- Don't know regarding Rashani. He might have been able to be called up by Norway.
- Mirlind Kryeziu didn't wait and said yes to Kosova instantly.

There might be others, but I can't remember them as for right now.

Also, I think that many things are involved in us losing players. Part of the blame is FSHF and Duka. He's a corrupt piece of shit. Part of the blame can be put on some of the players, who have wanted to play for more consolidated NT.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
  • Information