Albania - France, Nov 17, 2019 - European Qualifiers

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

First half felt like we were playing with nine men... Qose nonexistent and Balaj as usual useless, I know this was France but we should have played better
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:33 pm

First half I was impressed with Bare. He's actually a good player offensively.
Bare has consistently been the best player since he made his debut.

I actually liked Manaj too. He worked hard and kept the ball for a bit.. was unlucky Lenglet made that last second tackle on him or else he could've scored.

Hysaj played his heart out but obviously he's limited offensively. Expecting him to bomb down the wing and and create chances just shouldn't be the case. He still did the best he could.

I was disappointed with Gjasula. Maybe that knock he had early in the 1st half effected him but he was struggling and was too slow in reacting in some cases. I didn't notice Qose at all.. he was on the field?

Lenjani has been a ghost since the Denmark games in the euro 16 qualifiers. Balaj has been a cancer since that goal in Portugal.

Albania did have tons of absences so meh.
Princ

The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different result.. this formation got our asses handed to us last time against France and reja decides to go right back at it, only this time benching strakosha for Berisha and a few other little changes. This senile pensioner came to albania with this formation preplanned regardless of the players he’d find here(he explained this in his first press conference as our coach). His experiments have not worked and he keeps at it the stubborn old man, refusing to go back to more traditional methods of our team. The experiments must end now! Including the edi reja experiment!
Migjeni
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I liked Bare, Berisha, Hysaj and Manaj today. Manaj mostly because he was fighting and working a lot. We need better defensive midfielders. Bring back Abrashi.
Kafshatë që s'kapërdihet asht, or vlla, mjerimi..
Princ

Migjeni wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:34 am I liked Bare, Berisha, Hysaj and Manaj today. Manaj mostly because he was fighting and working a lot. We need better defensive midfielders. Bring back Abrashi.
Berisha made one good(lucky) save bro.. he was shaky all match, terrible passes, weak goal on his near post, give aways leading to counter, weak play at shots leading to free corner..he’s piss poor an emotional mess I’ll give him a D. The other 3 are consistent in their contributions game in game out, Reja deserves the biggest share of the blame here just like he also deserved it last match v andorra. Am also not a fan of alternating keepers, pick one or the other. It’s strakoshas time now, Berisha was yesterday’s news
Klejdi1023

This 3-5-2 bullshit needs to stop as it doesn't suit us at all. We need to go back to 4-5-1 or maybe even 4-2-3-1 like Kosova plays. We need a decent left back, bring Grezda back into the team, and find a third midfielder that will fit in with Gjasula and Bare. I don't think we're going to get anywhere with Ramadani, Qose, Balaj, Trashi, and even Lenjani is not the same anymore. Abrashi is good but limited offensively, maybe Selahi can become that all around center mid, and so far Ndoj has been a dissapointment but not shutting him all out yet.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:27 am The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different result.. this formation got our asses handed to us last time against France and reja decides to go right back at it, only this time benching strakosha for Berisha and a few other little changes. This senile pensioner came to albania with this formation preplanned regardless of the players he’d find here(he explained this in his first press conference as our coach). His experiments have not worked and he keeps at it the stubborn old man, refusing to go back to more traditional methods of our team. The experiments must end now! Including the edi reja experiment!
You're right on point. We simply don't have the players, especially in wings, to play in this formation. All of our full backs are limited offensively and all of our wingers are limited defensively. The beauty of 4-5-1 is that it hides these flaws as players stick to their strengths. In 3-5-2 , either they improve on their weaknesses or else it won't work. Also, having 2 strikers is useless if we can't create anyways.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Saw highlights and yeah Berisha should have done a lot better on the first. His positioning was bad. That was a saveable shot. It wasn't top corner.

I think he did good at coming out vs. Giroud later where it hit the post, but game was already over by that point.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Berisha looked like moving in slow motion trying to save that. Was it a gk blunder?? No. Could it be saved? Absolutely. Obviously the players marking TOlisso are more at fault but a gk with quicker reflexes would've probably saved that.

They should just stick with Strakosha. There is a reason Berisha failed at BOTH Lazio and Atalanta and next year he'll be playing in Serie B. He's horrible with his feet and has slow reactions on many occasions.

Would Strakosha have saved that? No.

You know who might have saved it? David De Gea or Navas.

Strakosha is just as bad with his feet.
  • Information