Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Coulda shoulda woulda but if manaj had tapped in that sitter and strakosha not run out and punched ismajli in the face we could be easily sitting at 18 points heading into this france game...assuming we handled business against Andorra which would be probable if we had played the starters from kickoff
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:46 pm Coulda shoulda woulda but if manaj had tapped in that sitter and strakosha not run out and punched ismajli in the face we could be easily sitting at 18 points heading into this france game...assuming we handled business against Andorra which would be probable if we had played the starters from kickoff
I have no hopes for Manaj though. Strakosha is the only "good" player we have.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:18 pm
Princ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:46 pm Coulda shoulda woulda but if manaj had tapped in that sitter and strakosha not run out and punched ismajli in the face we could be easily sitting at 18 points heading into this france game...assuming we handled business against Andorra which would be probable if we had played the starters from kickoff
I have no hopes for Manaj though. Strakosha is the only "good" player we have.
Weren't you calling Gymcity a beast the other week? Isn't Roshi the Albanian Ronaldo? I thought Bare was Xavi lite?

Reality is we have good enough talent in defense (excluding the LB position) that is starting to get comfortable with each other. For the past couple of years our midfield has been a mess since the balance wasn't there as we were missing a calming presence like Kukeli but I think Gjasula might be that piece. Abrashi is still in form and Bare & Selahi seem like decent pieces for the future. The striker position is a big hole for us because if we can't get clinical finishing we won't qualify. This team doesn't have the offensive talent to create multiple chances and we all know that Balaj/Cikaleshi both need like 4 sitters to actually score a goal.
Aurora Bulkualis

artan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:48 pm Weren't you calling Gymcity a beast the other week?
No. I called him patriotic. He shows up sun or rain. That has very little to do with his capabilities.
artan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:48 pm I thought Bare was Xavi lite?
I like Bare but he has a shitton left to prove. I'm not going to call anyone a good player until they can at least be a starter in a top league.
artan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:48 pm Reality is we have good enough talent in defense (excluding the LB position) that is starting to get comfortable with each other.
Our defence is garbage. They've conceded goals almost every game. It took Andorra years to score 1 goal away from home. Our amazing defence let in 2. Their guys are semi-pro players.

Let's see what Kumbulla can muster up, but he's always fucking hurt.
Aurora Bulkualis

We better hope that Italy is producing some Majkellanxhelos and Xhiovanis because a team from Albania would rival Luxembourg at best. Most Kosovars I suspect won't be choosing us from now.
Klejdi1023

List of players that are worthy of the NT for the upcoming Nations League and World Cup qualifiers and fit well in a 4-5-1 formation:

Goal: Strakosha Berisha Hoxha Selmani

Central Defense: Kumbulla Xhimshiti Veseli Dermaku Ismajli Mihaj

Left Back: all our current options suck, I'd just put Veseli or one of the other CB's here until someone emerges that is good

Right Back: Hysaj Balliu

Central Mid: Gjasula Bare Abrashi Selahi (still early but seems like a good player) Kace

Wings: Roshi Grezda Uzuni

Strikers: Sadiku Cikalleshi Manaj Kamberi Broja (last two have potential so are worth a shot)

Idk if it will happen but Mavraj and Memushaj should retire now, especially Mavraj.

The following players need to be dropped:

Ramadani, Qose, Trashi, Balaj, Lenjani, Xhaka (until he shows he can perform again)
Princ

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/analiz ... deshtuara/

Pretty spot on analysis from hafizi, seems everything is clear as day to all watchers of nt except reja..Hafizi used to talk shit about de biasi too but I bet he misses de biasis albania now
Dallku

Lets be honest, if Reja didn't have the rich CV he has there would be no talks of contract extensions. He would be fired on the spot. The mistakes this guy has/is making have been pretty wild. From playing Roshi as a defender(and continuing it), drawing Andorra and conceding 2 against them, sticking to a formation that clearly doesn't suit the players, experimenting with amateurs like Ramadani and Qose, playing 2 poachers up front with no one to create chances for them, etc..

On paper he's easily the best coach Albania has ever had but in practice he seems like the opposite.
Aurora Bulkualis

Yeah, thinking about it, he's the only foreign coach I've known prior to joining Albania. Still, a coach who puts out the most random player selections but never changes the formation that's not working, is not the one to go ahead with.

Let us not kid ourselves.

Yes, Reja might be a shit coach for us, but no matter what team you field against Andorra should be a team which beats them clearly.

The coach is not at fault for our players being shit against amateurs.

With that being said, I would try and get De Biasi back. f*** Reja and his dusty ass.
  • Information