Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm I’m with capping Bullari soon too, we need to make damn sure he’s not the next durmishaj.. there is also no excuse not to call up Çekiçi at a position we are thin at.

I remember Laçi too from his days on the u21 where I thought him and bare were pretty much comparable as players. I’ll take him over ramadani anyday, how the latter became a professional footballer is beyond me. He must surely be someone’s nephew, maybe zenmaster can fill us in :zgerdhimje:
Have you ever guys asked yourself, is there any chance Qaka,Ramadani,Vullnet Basha, Latifi, Besir Demiri, Ajdarevic, Qose, Latifi, Naser Aliji etc might have some qualities as football players while they are getting paid by european clubs and playing a lot in their teams? Is there is any possibility we had incompetent staffs who capped them in wrong moment or maybe asked them to do things they can't?
Kuqaloshi maoist
Dallku

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 pm
Have you ever guys asked yourself, is there any chance Qaka,Ramadani,Vullnet Basha, Latifi, Besir Demiri, Ajdarevic, Qose, Latifi, Naser Aliji etc might have some qualities as football players while they are getting paid by european clubs and playing a lot in their teams?
They are getting paid by shitty European clubs who are no better than Albanian clubs.

Aliji was kinda decent though.
CanaYouDoIt

Yeah most these players named were just bad footballers . You can tell almost instantly , for example I’m sure most here will agree that Bare is a quality player for us and will be key in the years to come but someone like Ramadani just isnt gonna cut it out
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Djimsiti made it to CL quarterfinals with Atalanta. Xhaka and Hysaj only made it to Round of 16 if I'm not mistaken. That'd make Djim the first capped Albanian player to make it here.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:17 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 pm
Have you ever guys asked yourself, is there any chance Qaka,Ramadani,Vullnet Basha, Latifi, Besir Demiri, Ajdarevic, Qose, Latifi, Naser Aliji etc might have some qualities as football players while they are getting paid by european clubs and playing a lot in their teams?
They are getting paid by shitty European clubs who are no better than Albanian clubs.

Aliji was kinda decent though.
Ajdarevic was decent as well. Latifi was seen as the best player in the Superliga so you can't fault them for capping him, we all wanted him to get capped.

Sometimes you have to mix it up and call up new players to get new blood in. I'd rather this than have Cika and Balaj constantly play terrible. I don't think a random superliga player would be worst than them.
artan

Princ wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm I’m with capping Bullari soon too, we need to make damn sure he’s not the next durmishaj.. there is also no excuse not to call up Çekiçi at a position we are thin at.

I remember Laçi too from his days on the u21 where I thought him and bare were pretty much comparable as players. I’ll take him over ramadani anyday, how the latter became a professional footballer is beyond me. He must surely be someone’s nephew, maybe zenmaster can fill us in :zgerdhimje:
I think they play different positions. Ramadani is seen more of a holding/defensive midfielder which is why he still gets called up as we lacked depth of that position. I think Laci is more of box2box midfielder which has more competition in the NT.
Dallku

Latifi was always a weird player. He always had some talent but his decision making and IQ was terrible. He stayed steady to the level he was at Skenderbeu I'm guessing. Never improved.

Take a look a this guy. He's youth player in England but has the most insane ball control/balance I've ever seen from an Albanian player. He has a few other clips as well.

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1237165757378723842
CanaYouDoIt

Armando Dobra , had my eye on him for a while . Manager just hasn’t given him a chance but when he’s played he’s done well . Contract runs out soon and he’ll move on from Ipswich
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:28 am Armando Dobra , had my eye on him for a while . Manager just hasn’t given him a chance but when he’s played he’s done well . Contract runs out soon and he’ll move on from Ipswich
If he doesn't play he must struggle in other areas like tactically, decision making, passing..

But man is that dribbling special. No Albanian has that kind of dribbling...ever. He reminds me of Deulofeu.
  • Information