Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:27 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:02 pm Ismajli,Rrahmani,Cikaleshi,Balaj,Roshi,Grezda played in Croatian League and they was convocated! What's your point?why players who are doing very well can't be convocated?
My point is that the competition in Croatia is not much higher than that of the superliga. Before we get our hopes up, we must realize that Grezda (a better player than Uzuni) was tearing up the Croatian league and he flopped hard at Rangers despite having a good opportunity there due to injuries in their main team.

Also, “dielli mire duket qe ne mengjes” and we have already seen what Uzuni brings so there is no point to get excited about him. A few goals here and there in a league of pizza men and taxi drivers will not change a thing, especially when you compare with the level of other nations in our region.

@Canayoudoit
Although Albania would not contribute much apart from a few defenders and the goalie, I agree it would be fun (though not realistic) to see a joint team looking like this:

Zeneli-Muriqi-Rashica
V.Berisha-Celina-L.Sadiku
Kololli-Rrahmani-Kumbulla(Djimsiti)-Hysaj
Strakosha

Now that’s a team that can compete with anybody.
Every player writes his own story! I don't know how you reached in such conclusion that Grezda is better than Uzuni? Just because he had better press? They both played for Lokomotiva and they have exactly same age but Uzuni numbers are still better than Grezda. Eros is a spoiled brat who has a millionaire father (close friend of Agim Cana) and had opportunity to test his skills on trials in more than 10 different clubs until he got the contract for Zavc while Myrto is a son of "hamall" from Berat (probably minority) who went to work in Greece so his son can have "kepuce futbolli". Myrto has reached Kombetarja by himself while Eros had Cana as sponsor. I don't have high hopes for Myrto but just because Eros failed miserably at Rangers we should not be absolutely convinced he will have same destiny.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Grezda is not talented he’s just a head case. He probably would have made it at Rangers if he wasn’t so crazy and he’s probably gonna be out of football in a few years because he has anger issues. He’s talented tho but he failed because he crazy.

Croatia is not comparable to Albania as the Croatian league constantly produces top level talents for such a small country. And it’s not just Dinamo Zagreb that produces players it’s also the other clubs. The bottom half of the league may be shit but our boys don’t play for those teams and might just play in the CL/EL next year.

And I don’t even get the Uzuini hate. He has pace and he’s a decent scorer, he’s kinda what we need. He’s been far from the problems of the NT while the real problems lie with Cika, Balaj, the left back and questionable lineup choices.
Princ

It wasn’t due to anger issues that Grezda flopped at Rangers, he was not a troublemaker until after his failure in Scotland.. I followed him closely at the time and he simply couldn’t cut it over boys like Ryan Kent, Glenn Middleton, and Daniel Candeias. He was so bad that he was sent down to the u21 where he spat on an opponent and the so called “temper” began.. he is now fully out of form though and not serviceable at the moment.

All that being said, he was a better player than Uzuni and that is clear as day from their time spent playing for the NT. Have nothing against Uzuni personally as he is a quiet, hard worker but I call it as I see it... he is a headless chicken with the touch of a rapist.
ZenMaster

It seems Lazio has beaten Inter and Juventus competition about Kumbulla.
Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

ZenMaster wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 pm It seems Lazio has beaten Inter and Juventus competition about Kumbulla.
FairPlay , will get CL football and more play time , he will have Strakoshka there with him too .
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Transfers almost confirmed:

Rashica to Leipzig for 15 million €
Kumbulla to Lazio for about 28 million € (18 plus two players Berisha and Lombardi )
Princ

Rashica will definitely have competition at Leipzig.. Olmo and Nkunku are top prospects while Poulsen and others are no joke either. I believe a move to a mid table squad like Hertha Berlin would of been a safer option but good luck to him
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:30 am Rashica will definitely have competition at Leipzig.. Olmo and Nkunku are top prospects while Poulsen and others are no joke either. I believe a move to a mid table squad like Hertha Berlin would of been a safer option but good luck to him
Lol . This is a perfect move , going to a very good team with a very good coach . Will definitely start a lot of games
ZenMaster

Princ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:30 am Rashica will definitely have competition at Leipzig.. Olmo and Nkunku are top prospects while Poulsen and others are no joke either. I believe a move to a mid table squad like Hertha Berlin would of been a safer option but good luck to him
It's perfect move for Rashica and main reason why he has progressed so far in his career is Lala who always had best interest of player in his mind. RB Leipzig is rarely wrong on their picks, Werner was nothing special but they developed him.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

Leipzig will definitely be tough for him but he fits their style. I think Kumbulla to Lazio is a great move because he's gonna get a good opportunity to start and Lazio is a good team. I would have liked Inter as well since Conte would have turned him into a beast and because I see Inter wining the league next year but starting for them would be tough.

Other potential transfers:
Ismajli to Serie A. Interest has been confirmed by Reja most likely to a bottom club like Lecce or Benevento
Uzuini has interest with Spanish and Italian teams
Lorenc Trashi to Kuwait. Good for him for getting paid but for NT purposes he's done
Sherrif Kallaku and Kristal Abazaj to Poland
  • Information