Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:27 am Rashicas squad avoids relegation via away goals in what is probably his last match for them
I bet on Werder to win that game. Needless to say that was one of the craziest last 5 minutes of a match I've witnessed. :wallbang: :wallbang:
Princ

Plako wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm I bet on Werder to win that game. Needless to say that was one of the craziest last 5 minutes of a match I've witnessed. :wallbang: :wallbang:
Had the match recorded on pvr and stopped watching at the 80th minute when Rashica got subbed off. At the time it looked like Werder was cruising to a 1-0 victory but when I checked final score I couldn’t believe my eyes. That last pen for Heidenhiem was soft to be fair but they played well through both legs. Unfortunately, an unlucky own goal early on had them on the back foot all night and proved fatal for their chances at promotion
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Finally had a chance to watch Verona today. Kumbulla is the real deal. It's his debut season, and he looks like a seasoned vet. Kept Lukaku in his back pocket throughout the game. He was unlucky on that first goal, as Lukaku took a shot and he managed to get a foot in to deviate it, but it hit the bar and deflected to another Inter player. There was also another time he got burned by Lautaro Martinez when the defensive lineup was high, but it was 83rd minute in the middle of July and Martinez was just subbed in with fresh legs.

Other than those 1-2 cases, his man marking is awesome. If he can handle the physicality of Lukaku, there ain't no one else he can't handle. Just gotta make sure he doesn't get burned by pacey players with a high lineup.

Like I said previously, if he keeps growing at this rate and doesn't pull a Januzaj, he can be the best defender in the world.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Honestly I thought Lukaku won every duel against him(besides the one where Kumbulla won a foul) but he's a tough matchup. Too strong and he just backs you down like Shaq. Inter was bad and their only hope was those long balls to Lukaku and him holding up play and passing.
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:05 am Like I said previously, if he keeps growing at this rate and doesn't pull a Januzaj, he can be the best defender in the world.
Haven’t you heard of de ligt? :zgerdhimje:
Aurora Bulkualis

Tried to watch some of Gymcity against Juventus since Atalanta are playing the best football in Italy right now. The guy is playing some weird CB/LB hybrid almost like a lopsided defensive midfielder. But he just seems like a random body in there who runs a lot. Not seeing some great defensive prowess.

I was wondering if a Strakosha - Hysaj - Kumbulla - Gymcity - Veseli defence could work. That would be a decent lineup. My only qualm with the back 5, is that we're so garbage offensively, taking another man from midfield/offence and putting it towards defence seems counterproductive, especially when defence is a stronger suit.
Aurora Bulkualis

Btw, who is this guy?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nedim-baj ... ler/390177

And this dude

https://www.transfermarkt.com/toni-domg ... ler/344649

Says he was born in Croatia, but that's a Catholic Albo last name.
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:51 am Btw, who is this guy?

And this dude

Two Albanians that are never gonna play for us
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:50 am Tried to watch some of Gymcity against Juventus since Atalanta are playing the best football in Italy right now. The guy is playing some weird CB/LB hybrid almost like a lopsided defensive midfielder. But he just seems like a random body in there who runs a lot. Not seeing some great defensive prowess.

I was wondering if a Strakosha - Hysaj - Kumbulla - Gymcity - Veseli defence could work. That would be a decent lineup. My only qualm with the back 5, is that we're so garbage offensively, taking another man from midfield/offence and putting it towards defence seems counterproductive, especially when defence is a stronger suit.
Atalanta plays with a very high backline and the defenders play with alot of aggression leading to quick counters and more goal scoring chances.

I personally would rather give Baliu a chance over Veseli.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:51 am Btw, who is this guy?

And this dude

Both guys have been posted here numerous times. Bajrami is actually from Macedonia so Kosovo has no shot at him and I don't think he'll truly be good enough for Switzerland so I can see him playing for us in a few years.

Switzlerland has quite a few Albanian midfielders who we should keep an eye on.
  • Information