Kazakhstan - Albania Sun 11 Oct 15:00

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

It takes a team to win. If our best player is a striker and we don't have anyone who can give him any service than there's he pretty much useless too. And obviously your best player will never be Ronaldo or Messi where they can dribble from midfield and single handily carry the attack.

It's frustrating because this isn't a bad team and it has some talent. I just think the manager is too smart for his own good with his tactical decisions. To me it's clear this team isn't balance and needs some width and pace to be complete. He's just so adamant on having two central midfielders who aren't good with possession and a semi-amateur wingback in Trashi/Memolla in the lineup. I think two additions are clear and they are Uzuini and Roshi, both can provide pace, width and Uzuini's case some creativity. I think I'm going crazy but this will open up the play some and not put so much pressure on our midfield who isn't very good with the ball.

--------------Uzuini--Forward
Hysaj-Abrashi-Gjasula-Bare-Roshi
-------Kumbulla-Dermaku-Gym
------------------Strakosha

This team is more than capable defensively. Maybe someone more creative can slide into Abrashi's place. Uzuini can play a bit of a free role (really impressed me in his match against Molde) and I think we're selling him short. Roshi gives an outlet for a counter which we haven't had in a long time and provides width as he can actually take on a defender unlike Veseli. Hysaj is also a complete professional, he'll adjust to the LWB position. It can even turn into a 4-4-2 if someone more creative than Abrashi is in the lineup during situations .

I also want to see Kumbulla slide more into the midfield to help with possession. He's just so mature for a young age. It's crazy how we lucked into finding him and how he actually sticked with us.
Plako
Team: Partizani

I have a feeling Panucci would have done better with this group of players. We did play some decent attacking football under him.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:43 pm It takes a team to win. If our best player is a striker and we don't have anyone who can give him any service than there's he pretty much useless too. And obviously your best player will never be Ronaldo or Messi where they can dribble from midfield and single handily carry the attack.

It's frustrating because this isn't a bad team and it has some talent. I just think the manager is too smart for his own good with his tactical decisions. To me it's clear this team isn't balance and needs some width and pace to be complete. He's just so adamant on having two central midfielders who aren't good with possession and a semi-amateur wingback in Trashi/Memolla in the lineup. I think two additions are clear and they are Uzuini and Roshi, both can provide pace, width and Uzuini's case some creativity. I think I'm going crazy but this will open up the play some and not put so much pressure on our midfield who isn't very good with the ball.

--------------Uzuini--Forward
Hysaj-Abrashi-Gjasula-Bare-Roshi
-------Kumbulla-Dermaku-Gym
------------------Strakosha

This team is more than capable defensively. Maybe someone more creative can slide into Abrashi's place. Uzuini can play a bit of a free role (really impressed me in his match against Molde) and I think we're selling him short. Roshi gives an outlet for a counter which we haven't had in a long time and provides width as he can actually take on a defender unlike Veseli. Hysaj is also a complete professional, he'll adjust to the LWB position. It can even turn into a 4-4-2 if someone more creative than Abrashi is in the lineup during situations .

I also want to see Kumbulla slide more into the midfield to help with possession. He's just so mature for a young age. It's crazy how we lucked into finding him and how he actually sticked with us.
That’s a good lineup. Clearly we need one of our wingers to start so we can attack more on that side (Roshi, Uzuni top picks). With solid covers in Kumbulla and Djim when we attack, we can use this lineup against all teams except for powerhouses when we would need to go ultra defensive. But Reja is too scared to try this so he’ll stick to Trashi, Memolla and all the other scrubs we have.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:11 pm You're really underestimating what a solid backline brings. It's the backbone of a team and guarantees stability.
To be fair, you are coming to these conclusions based on our results against village teams, who don’t pose any threat offensively. The value of these squads is absolutely laughable, and proves nothing regarding the strength of our defence.

Last qualifying campaign, only Andorra and Moldova conceded more goals than Albania in our group. The midfield plays a big role in defence and that is currently our weakest link, even worse than the attack in my opinion. We have some good pieces to build on up front like Broja and even the in-form Uzuni. Sadly, the same cannot be said about the midfield.. it is full of midgets, unproven players, and washed up journeymen.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:10 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:11 pm You're really underestimating what a solid backline brings. It's the backbone of a team and guarantees stability.
To be fair, you are coming to these conclusions based on our results against village teams, who don’t pose any threat offensively. The value of these squads is absolutely laughable, and proves nothing regarding the strength of our defence.

Last qualifying campaign, only Andorra and Moldova conceded more goals than Albania in our group. The midfield plays a big role in defence and that is currently our weakest link, even worse than the attack in my opinion. We have some good pieces to build on up front like Broja and even the in-form Uzuni. Sadly, the same cannot be said about the midfield.. it is full of midgets, unproven players, and washed up journeymen.
This group is truly village level and I include us in this as well as we have recently shown to struggle against the mighty Andorans.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

League C is 2nd last seed, and League is D is last seed. Dismiss them all you want but that's worth 12 points in a qualifiers.

Italy wasn't qualified for World Cup because they couldn't win against Armenia.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information