Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

Plako wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm It's crazy how high Kosova was riding on last year and how terrible they are this year. I still like that they haven't resorted to defensive football and continue to play high tempo attacking football despite not having the right ingredients for doing so.

The fans are beyond toxic. The day before games players are "champions" and "legends" the next day after a loss they're utter shit.
You have to take the good with the bad. Passionate fan bases like this can help teams exceed their ability by giving this extra euphoria and excitement (like with us after that Serbia match) and can almost propel a team to qualify. But when it gets bad it can get ugly..
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:07 pm
Plako wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:59 pm It's crazy how high Kosova was riding on last year and how terrible they are this year. I still like that they haven't resorted to defensive football and continue to play high tempo attacking football despite not having the right ingredients for doing so.

The fans are beyond toxic. The day before games players are "champions" and "legends" the next day after a loss they're utter shit.
You have to take the good with the bad. Passionate fan bases like this can help teams exceed their ability by giving this extra euphoria and excitement (like with us after that Serbia match) and can almost propel a team to qualify. But when it gets bad it can get ugly..
Not so sure man, I feel like the fans are doing a disservice to these guys by treating them as heroes of sorts and the euphoria that set in after a of good results did not help. I agree that a passionate fan base does help but I feel like at times it's becoming too toxic. Maybe this is just a phase and it will pass once Kosova has a few qualifiers under their belt.
Dallku

I was telling you guys this was gonna happen years ago and I was getting clowned. People were crowning them as the Brazil of Balkans and hailing their players as superstars...

What happened?? (besides the fact that they don't play against amateurs anymore) If you notice, Kosovo plays with much less enthusiasm and energy than they used to. They used to play very high-tempo, try adventurous dribbles and passes, make countless runs, etc.. all that is gone because the "beginner's enthusiasm" ran out. Montenegro went through the exact same thing. They started hot and cooled off.. It's human nature and hard to describe. They don't really have the talent to sustain that level they had despite having some decent pieces like Muriqi and Berisha. Their defense/gk and midfield were always suspect.

Teams naturally relax after a period of success and if they don't have the talent to make up for it they get exposed. Even Albania relaxed after euro 16, Greece after 04, etc..
Princ

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:30 am I was telling you guys this was gonna happen years ago and I was getting clowned. People were crowning them as the Brazil of Balkans and hailing their players as superstars...

What happened?? (besides the fact that they don't play against amateurs anymore) If you notice, Kosovo plays with much less enthusiasm and energy than they used to. They used to play very high-tempo, try adventurous dribbles and passes, make countless runs, etc.. all that is gone because the "beginner's enthusiasm" ran out. Montenegro went through the exact same thing. They started hot and cooled off.. It's human nature and hard to describe. They don't really have the talent to sustain that level they had despite having some decent pieces like Muriqi and Berisha. Their defense/gk and midfield were always suspect.

Teams naturally relax after a period of success and if they don't have the talent to make up for it they get exposed. Even Albania relaxed after euro 16, Greece after 04, etc..
The “beginners enthusiasm” was killed by lack of fans and key players being sidelined. I’m curious to see what kind of shape Kosovo will be in after they get everyone back.

The circumstances surrounding their recent elimination were awfully cheap.. they must use it as motivation to get back on form, before the good players get too old. Ideally, a few diaspora pickups might give them some more depth but Kosovo already has a pretty good core.. it wasn’t by much they missed out on euro qualification last year.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

People are overreacting. With Muriqi and Rashica they would have won. Macedonia's defence was amateurish.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

“Ditën e sotme nuk kanë udhëtuar 3 lojtarë shumë të rëndësishëm drejt Greqise per ndeshjen e ardhshme . Bëhet fjalë për Valon Berishën, Arbër Zenelin dhe Edon Zhegrovën. “

^This seems like a coup d’état ! Fans have their faults but the manager isn’t immaculate. Kosova should change the coach before it’s too late. It’s campaign has ended and from now on there will be only downfall as the WC qualifiers are difficult with pot 1-2-3-4 teams and the coach is old just like Reja might not even be here for the Euro 2024. Kosova is between pot 5 and 6, while Albania is between pot 3 and 4 at the moment.
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 pm “Ditën e sotme nuk kanë udhëtuar 3 lojtarë shumë të rëndësishëm drejt Greqise per ndeshjen e ardhshme . Bëhet fjalë për Valon Berishën, Arbër Zenelin dhe Edon Zhegrovën. “

^This seems like a coup d’état ! Fans have their faults but the manager isn’t immaculate. Kosova should change the coach before it’s too late. It’s campaign has ended and from now on there will be only downfall as the WC qualifiers are difficult with pot 1-2-3-4 teams and the coach is old just like Reja might not even be here for the Euro 2024. Kosova is between pot 5 and 6, while Albania is between pot 3 and 4 at the moment.
Basically their best players. Besart Berisha also had a fallout with the coach. It's all coming apart for this team.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:30 amI was telling you guys this was gonna happen years ago and I was getting clowned. People were crowning them as the Brazil of Balkans and hailing their players as superstars...

You did, but that's because you've been hating on Kosova for like forever :)
Plako

Looks like another 0-0 draw today.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Do Albanians have an allergy to scoring goals? Seriously, what the f*** is the problem?
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information