Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:40 pm Confirmed Albania pot 4 and Kosova pot 5 for World cup 2022 qualifiers . We’ll know our group teams by december.
That's terrible for us.
Klejdi1023

Plako wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:40 pm Confirmed Albania pot 4 and Kosova pot 5 for World cup 2022 qualifiers . We’ll know our group teams by december.
That's terrible for us.
It’s not that bad. Pot 3 teams are pretty much at our level, except for like Bosnia and Scotland. If we get lucky with the draw, and we fix our issues, we could get a playoff spot.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Klejdi1023 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:46 pm It’s not that bad. Pot 3 teams are pretty much at our level, except for like Bosnia and Scotland. If we get lucky with the draw, and we fix our issues, we could get a playoff spot.
Here are the Pot 3 teams as things stand right now:
https://twitter.com/We_Global/status/13 ... 28/photo/1

I would add Iceland, Norway and Czech Republic. We haven't shown anything against Pot 5 teams like Lithuania and Kazakhstan so nothing tells me we would match up well against any of the Pot 3 teams, unless there's a coaching change.

Worst case scenario we get a group like this:
Germany, Switzerland, Iceland, Lithuania

Best case scenario we get a group like this:
Denmark, Wales, Greece, Andorra
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I mean was there a chance of us getting pot 3... Only time that happened was right after EUROs.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:01 am I mean was there a chance of us getting pot 3... Only time that happened was right after EUROs.
If we would’ve won all matches here in nations league by two goals we’d be pot 3. Even Finland has chances to go pot 3 lol
I hope we are in a 5 team group with less games and no fake matches.
Dallku

There isn’t a big difference between pot 2 and 3 teams. Albania could compete with them on paper. Gotta get rid of this coach though.
Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm There isn’t a big difference between pot 2 and 3 teams. Albania could compete with them on paper. Gotta get rid of this coach though.
There is a big difference imo. Pot 2 teams are all strong teams we’d be lucky to get 1 point from, except for maybe Wales, Russia, and Ireland. If anything, pot 3 and half of the pot 4 teams are pretty much on the same level, with some small differences.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I find it funny that Broja although less talented than Januzaj, is doing all the right moves. Instead of rotting on the bench in EPL, he goes to Dutch league to improve his skills. And instead of rotting on the bench with Belgium, those games with Albania massively helped, especially since going from youth leagues -> EPL is an almost impossible task. He literally got his first professional start with Albania.

Januzaj missed professional playing time at the most crucial phase of his career, and severely stunted his growth. With Albania, he would have had a ton of playing time given our offence, and improve his decision making much earlier in his career. In EPL you're just facing beasts all the time. With Albania you face Moldovas, Andorras, or Slovakias and Greeces. All sorts of level of competition to iron out your playing style.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:14 am I find it funny that Broja although less talented than Januzaj, is doing all the right moves. Instead of rotting on the bench in EPL, he goes to Dutch league to improve his skills. And instead of rotting on the bench with Belgium, those games with Albania massively helped, especially since going from youth leagues -> EPL is an almost impossible task. He literally got his first professional start with Albania.

Januzaj missed professional playing time at the most crucial phase of his career, and severely stunted his growth. With Albania, he would have had a ton of playing time given our offence, and improve his decision making much earlier in his career. In EPL you're just facing beasts all the time. With Albania you face Moldovas, Andorras, or Slovakias and Greeces. All sorts of level of competition to iron out your playing style.
Januzaj made the jump to United's first team right away and was a pretty important player his first year. His problem was always his work ethic.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:31 am
Januzaj made the jump to United's first team right away and was a pretty important player his first year. His problem was always his work ethic.

His work ethic and attitude. Never seemed like a hungry player... and his father was a clown who thought his son was already CR7. The media hype was crazy though.

Either way, even if Januzaj flopped he only flopped at being world class. He's still a regular top 4 league type of player which would be amazing for Albania right now.

If Broja can manage to have a Bogdani like career... like a top 4 league striker it would be a massive success.
  • Information