Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:42 pm In the moment Kosovo was allowed to play international football, players who have felt mistreated at Albania NT has switched for purely opportunistic reasons, for more activation opportunities and more important role in squad. Albert Bunjaku "mastermind of FFK" has worked FSHF representative for Scandinavia or something like that and left because felt unappreciated in the Duka pashallak, they didn't even cover his expenses. FSHF has operated more as "terminal doganor", to say their approach has been lazy is understatment but it seemed more like self-sabotage. I was personally involved in several cases and behaviour of Duka nephew+his friends it was not only paternalistic but they were behaving as descendants of Gjergj Kastrioti, The biggest misunderstanding has happened in Albania after Kosovo success in qualifying campaign because lack of knowledge about Kosovo or better say lack of interest to even know it. Interest switched from Albania to Kosovo because of better performaces and players who represent are also albanians so that's the reason they were supported and will be supported. Kosovo centrism doesn't exist or better say is "powerful" among albanians in % as it among bosnians,turks etc. Kosovo centrism means localism mixed with clientelism, after independence so many funds were available for multietnic purposes and that's the reason they are overrepresented on the public opinion. Project of "young europeans" has been launched by Hashim Thaçi and has failed spectacularly so l even him has gave up later on "kosovar new identity" project. Kosovo NT had momentum not only because of "new circumstances" but mostly because of mismanagment of Albania EURO2016 qualification. Momentum has shifted completely in Albania favor and Kosovo is on the backseat again after just few months in "frontseat". My argument is Kosovo centrism exists even less in "Mergata Shqiptare" because their parents or even grandparents left Yugoslavia for economic purposes or political, so their choice will be conditioned purely by sportive perspective. Albania has duty to make sure they are offering chance not only albanians from ex-Yugoslavia republics but should try to find good prospects in albanian community in Ukraine or Argentina. I have noticed FSHF approach lately has been as you suggested but i believe it's wrong, local players from Albania and Kosovo should be absolute priority and criteria for diaspora should be very strict in recruitment.

https://youtu.be/Cwpzntzji-o
I follow the developments in Kosove and i’ve been a dozen times lately. Still though we haven’t had other Swiss Albanians from Kosove switching to us. It must be then the fact that Kosova’s fa is more persistent and professional than FSHF to get these talents but Albania is suffering and would make great improvements on midfield with the likes of Toma Domgjoni. We would need those much more as Kosova is stuck with players in midfield. With such midfield our crapy strikers could get more chances to score and our defense could get relieved from pressure. We can’t put our hopes on Bare, Selahi and almost to be retired Abrashi, Gjasula and Memushaj.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:46 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:42 pm In the moment Kosovo was allowed to play international football, players who have felt mistreated at Albania NT has switched for purely opportunistic reasons, for more activation opportunities and more important role in squad. Albert Bunjaku "mastermind of FFK" has worked FSHF representative for Scandinavia or something like that and left because felt unappreciated in the Duka pashallak, they didn't even cover his expenses. FSHF has operated more as "terminal doganor", to say their approach has been lazy is understatment but it seemed more like self-sabotage. I was personally involved in several cases and behaviour of Duka nephew+his friends it was not only paternalistic but they were behaving as descendants of Gjergj Kastrioti, The biggest misunderstanding has happened in Albania after Kosovo success in qualifying campaign because lack of knowledge about Kosovo or better say lack of interest to even know it. Interest switched from Albania to Kosovo because of better performaces and players who represent are also albanians so that's the reason they were supported and will be supported. Kosovo centrism doesn't exist or better say is "powerful" among albanians in % as it among bosnians,turks etc. Kosovo centrism means localism mixed with clientelism, after independence so many funds were available for multietnic purposes and that's the reason they are overrepresented on the public opinion. Project of "young europeans" has been launched by Hashim Thaçi and has failed spectacularly so l even him has gave up later on "kosovar new identity" project. Kosovo NT had momentum not only because of "new circumstances" but mostly because of mismanagment of Albania EURO2016 qualification. Momentum has shifted completely in Albania favor and Kosovo is on the backseat again after just few months in "frontseat". My argument is Kosovo centrism exists even less in "Mergata Shqiptare" because their parents or even grandparents left Yugoslavia for economic purposes or political, so their choice will be conditioned purely by sportive perspective. Albania has duty to make sure they are offering chance not only albanians from ex-Yugoslavia republics but should try to find good prospects in albanian community in Ukraine or Argentina. I have noticed FSHF approach lately has been as you suggested but i believe it's wrong, local players from Albania and Kosovo should be absolute priority and criteria for diaspora should be very strict in recruitment.

https://youtu.be/Cwpzntzji-o
I follow the developments in Kosove and i’ve been a dozen times lately. Still though we haven’t had other Swiss Albanians from Kosove switching to us. It must be then the fact that Kosova’s fa is more persistent and professional than FSHF to get these talents but Albania is suffering and would make great improvements on midfield with the likes of Toma Domgjoni. We would need those much more as Kosova is stuck with players in midfield. With such midfield our crapy strikers could get more chances to score and our defense could get relieved from pressure. We can’t put our hopes on Bare, Selahi and almost to be retired Abrashi, Gjasula and Memushaj.
I have noticed you are very interested and informed about Kosovo, i apologise if i didn't formulate sentence correctly and you felt offended. What i meant was pundits who make "sportive public opinion" are disinterested and poorly informed about Kosovo. We are much better place than we was years ago and but i defivitely think our senators are more involved and i suspect keyword is Igli Tare. It's true there was not Swiss albanian from Kosovo lately who switched but i don't think beside Hadergjonaj any of them are good enough for us. Why U21 captain of Kosovo Ardian Ismajli switched to Albania? I believe albanian players will join Albania or Kosovo only if it will be beneficial for their career in their judgement. Albanian "fukara" coaches
of youth national teams prefer to push such narrative we should be focused only "albanian domestic product" because they wanna have more spots for Nuriu,Hysenbelliu kind of players.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
Simboli i Diellit

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm I have noticed you are very interested and informed about Kosovo, i apologise if i didn't formulate sentence correctly and you felt offended. What i meant was pundits who make "sportive public opinion" are disinterested and poorly informed about Kosovo. We are much better place than we was years ago and but i defivitely think our senators are more involved and i suspect keyword is Igli Tare. It's true there was not Swiss albanian from Kosovo lately who switched but i don't think beside Hadergjonaj any of them are good enough for us. Why U21 captain of Kosovo Ardian Ismajli switched to Albania? I believe albanian players will join Albania or Kosovo only if it will be beneficial for their career in their judgement. Albanian "fukara" coaches
of youth national teams prefer to push such narrative we should be focused only "albanian domestic product" because they wanna have more spots for Nuriu,Hysenbelliu kind of players.
I don’t get offended while discussing sports just i think you missunderstood my point. I know most of the players nowdays look after their personal career and interests. I emphasized the Swiss Albanians don’t switch not that there won’t be others from Kosove who will switch specially players that might think they’ll have more chances playing for us. Switzerland is a level above us and has burned some Albanians capping them with 1-2 caps at the time and their level isn’t Germany. So players waiting for a callup will get it sooner or later. Ismajli’s ego(Challanders didn’t convocate him) and some injures we had, made his switch possible. Panucci promissed him a starting place and Cana-Mavraj duo was retired, we had to rely only on Djimsiti-Veseli at the time. Dermaku switched because of personal interests and almost guaranteed playing time(3 cb lineup under Reja). Actually Hadergjonaj or Vojvoda would’ve been good addons but seems like Albania doesn’t go after Kosovo players any more if Kosovo is interested. And i don’t rely on eccentric media like gazetaekspres but on facts that at least publically there hasn’t been any approach on Lorent Tolaj, Kastriot Imeri, Bastien Toma, Toni Domgjoni, Andi Zeqiri, Orges Bunjaku, Bledian Krasniqi, Lirik Vishi, Tician Tushi just to name some.... this seems weird. Either FSHF has renounced approaching them or there must be some agreements...
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Probably such deal between FSHF-FFK exists or it's verbal agreement between presidents but what's benefits of FSHF in such deal? If a player believes Albania is better path for his career, we can't say to him "Sorry but we can't convocate you because Bajram Shala will get mad". As long we have two teams everyone should work in best of their interests and should not pay attention what opposite side has to say. Challandes definitively helped FFK to have an edge over Albania but i think we got Kamberi who isn't world beater but hasn't debuted yet.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit

Kamberi playing for us will become a meme 😂
Having 8 losses in the last 10 games has lowered the enthusiasm on the Kosova side. Appart from Mergim Berisha who could start for both of us there aren’t other incisive players outside Switzerland that could be useful or gamechangers to us.
Skenderbeu9

Reja's system is our biggest problem not so much the players that we luck
The old timer plays a 3-5-2 in which you need to have at wings Hackimi or Theo in order to produce something
But we have Trashi and out of form Hysaj
So we lose to Lithuania
I agree that from all the not capped players only Berisha would made a big impact on the team
All these Swiss league dudes are on the same level or below what we already have and I don't see why we should kiss their arse in order to play for us
At midfield only Bardhi would had a guaranteed place at our team and maybe Ademi cause Gjasula started well but then remembered 😅 he is a 3rd Liga player

What I'd like to see against Andorra

Strakosha/Kastrati
Hysaj/Hajdari - Kumbulla - Mihaj/Mersinaj - Mitaj/Rrumbullaku
Gjasula/Kace - Abrashi/ Ndoj -Xhaka/Celhaka
Bajrami/Kallaku
Broja/Sadiku - Ademi/Uzuni

4-3-1-2 formation
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:09 am Kamberi playing for us will become a meme 😂
Having 8 losses in the last 10 games has lowered the enthusiasm on the Kosova side. Appart from Mergim Berisha who could start for both of us there aren’t other incisive players outside Switzerland that could be useful or gamechangers to us.
Rexhbecaj, Vallaci, Dajaku, Civeja and Dion Berisha. Rexhbecaj and Vallaci would slot in the lineup right away. Berisha still a bit of a project but he's definitely a long term player. I would still like to see us try out Kemal Ademi even if he's been putting up Cikaleshi esque numbers in Turkey this year (he has some potential) but I don't think Ademi threads the needle at this point.

There's still players out there. In terms of talent, I like the direction where we're going. Many players in certain age brackets that have decent potential which we didn't have back a few years back. With the right coach we can see something special in the future (for our standards)
Dallku

^ Who's Vallaci?? I googled him but can't find him.

FSHF shouldn't approach Kosovars unless they are either established like Rexhbecaj who's a starter in Bundesliga or some sort of super talent prospect. Either way the chances of getting these players are extremely slim.

For mediocre ones like Ademi, Dajaku there is no need to even approach them because we can easily find players just as good and from Albania.

Nedim Bajrami looks promising because of his transfermarkt value. He could be a bust obviously and his trasnfermarkt could be bullshit but he's worth a look.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm ^ Who's Vallaci?? I googled him but can't find him.

FSHF shouldn't approach Kosovars unless they are either established like Rexhbecaj who's a starter in Bundesliga or some sort of super talent prospect. Either way the chances of getting these players are extremely slim.

For mediocre ones like Ademi, Dajaku there is no need to even approach them because we can easily find players just as good and from Albania.

Nedim Bajrami looks promising because of his transfermarkt value. He could be a bust obviously and his trasnfermarkt could be bullshit but he's worth a look.
Not approaching Dajaku would be stupid as he probably has the potential to be a mid table Bundesliga player. Which player in Albania currently has that? Muci is probably the best export from Albania in awhile and I'm not sure if he's better than Dajaku. We'd be stupid not to call him up over the likes of Vrioni, Manaj, Balaj, Sadiku, Cikaleshi,,

Albert Vallci. He's a long shot as he's probably going to be an Austrian international soon.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/albert-val ... ler/261935
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Skenderbeu9

We should after Dashmir Elezi 16 yo 8 matches 3 goals for Shkendija
North Macedonia called him for the senior team for an unofficial game against Rabotinski a week ago
He is a raw gem
  • Information