Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Really don't want to see him play as a backup at 19 years old in Chelsea but Tuchel will see what he wants.
11 goals in Eredevisie is okay and there are other strikers who have done less but I think he serious weaknesses that would make him subpar in the Prem. 1 more season, do some gym work, score 20 and come back to Chelsea.

Also he won't have regular minutes in the PL at all, every game counts for a team like Chelsea so I'm not keen to see him develop in such a way. Broja is very hot and cold, don't want to see what happens if he sucks

I support a Manaj-Broja Albania pairing. For all Manaj's faults he has excellent holdup and aerial play so could compliment a pacy, weaker striker like Broja
CanaYouDoIt

If Tuchel wants to keep him as that 2nd ST I’ve got no problems , he’ll get plenty of mins and would prefer that over another year in the Eredivise.

With Werner playing the way he does if Broja takes his chances he could very well become the main guy. Either way it’s great for him.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

EPL is another beast. Broja should continue in Eredivisie. Staying at Chelsea he risks being relegated in bench as a 4th striker.
CanaYouDoIt

Trial by fire. I wouldn’t mind another year in Holland but would prefer a move to the Championship.

I dont think he risks being the 4th Striker, looks like Giroud and Tammy are on the way out which would leave them with just Werner. Has a real chance to be the backup.
RedFootballs

Timo is a very good striker, hasn't the greatest finishing this season for Chelsea but he is a very good asset overall. Does many things well other than scoring.
CanaYouDoIt

He isnt a very good striker, you can't score 6 league goals in 35 missing some of the easiest chances ever and be very good. He's a 60m flop despite all the good stuff he does.
RedFootballs

Plays winger some games, and gets a lot of assists. Despite how bad everyone says he is he continues to start and win with Chelsea he offers much more than goals..
CanaYouDoIt

Thats a good way of saying Chelsea aren't ready to give up on a guy they spent 60m on the summer before. You can say what you want but ultimately he's the worst striker at finishing in the league. 6 in 35 is shocking no matter what.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:28 pm Thats a good way of saying Chelsea aren't ready to give up on a guy they spent 60m on the summer before. You can say what you want but ultimately he's the worst striker at finishing in the league. 6 in 35 is shocking no matter what.
Werner is not a top striker but his workrate is immense which leads to plenty of scoring opportunities for Chelsea. Agreed he has been terrible at converting but this was his first season in England and the Premier league is a different beast from the Bundesliga. He's still 25 and hasn't reached his peak yet.

Watching him miss those chances it the CL final drove me crazy as I had picked Chelsea to win. I have Germany to win the Euros so I hope he starts converting in a couple of week ;)
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
RedFootballs

It's natural for player like Timo who has played seasons in non-physical, open Bundesliga to struggle a bit more in the PL but you can clearly see he's talented. He has workrate, desire, good associative play, assists, pace, technique, just missing the end product of finishing. Sure it's easy to say but with the rub of the green, he could have had 20..
  • Information